It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigrants pay billions in taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Illegal immigrants pay billions in taxes

www.cnn.com

Illegal immigrants are paying taxes to Uncle Sam, experts agree. Just how much they pay is hard to determine because the federal government doesn't fully tally it.

But the latest figures available indicate it will amount to billions of dollars in federal income, Social Security and Medicare taxes this year. One rough estimate puts the amount of Social Security taxes alone at around $9 billion per year.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
9 billion dollars is quite a lot of money. Im sure there are some here in favor of anti-illegal immigration laws and such, what do you have to say about this?

www.cnn.com

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
While there are undoubtedly many who pay the standard amount of taxes, the ones that I worked with always claimed to have about 6 children/dependents, no matter how old they were, 60 or 16........so they paid no income taxes. If they didn't think of this themselves, the boss pointed it out to them......so they had no worry about claiming a refund.

The social security taxes would still be collected, however. Will it be enough to 'bail out' social security ?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Everybody tries to get out of paying taxes to some degree.
But I disagree with that number they are saying as far as it all coming from "federal income tax" actually, I am going out on a limb and say that number is misleading because, Yes they pay that much in taxes but most of it comes from the stuff they buy like we do...gas...food...stuff at Best Buy..etc. But to think that enough "illegal" immigrants actually fill out a W2 to equal 9 billion dollars? Are you sure it wasn't peso's?
So no way! They must be including all taxes. Just think how much it would be if we would have voted for Huckabee. I guess the Country cared more about his religion then they cared about killing off the IRS.

I am not anti immigration....I just want it legal and the Republican hypocrits have to admit that they are using them as slaves on one hand and talking all tough with the other...and their consciences are not damaged because they think they are offering them the American Dream...(special special hell for these politicians I hope)
My idea of reform would keep migrant workers from being exploited.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisefoolishness

9 billion dollars is quite a lot of money. Im sure there are some here in favor of anti-illegal immigration laws and such, what do you have to say about this?

www.cnn.com

Notice the article didnt mention how many tax dollars they cost the nation?

Why do you think that is?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
standard globalist boilerplate.

What a joke. For every illegal paying FICA, there's another 20 who aren't.

In texas, you find a house built in a week by two subcontractors, each with "three employees." That's right, 8 guys build a house from the slab up, in a week.

The globalists will also tell you is that "undocumented workers" do the work no one else wants. Funny, with construction jobs paying $20 an hour, you'd think Americans would be lining up. The punchline of course, is that the two subcontractors are members of the Mexican mafia. Anglos wont "qualify." And illegals will have to pay $15 an hour to the maf to keep their jobs.

I saw an illegal a decade ago, who had over 20 unique social security cards (and checks) in his possession. Social security refused to prosecute him, too. Immigrant fraud enlarges their empire, as they list the fakes ID's as "twenty more Americans served."

Seriously, if illegals are paying into FICA, why isn't that information used to arrest them? My taxes list my residences, property, dependents, and work history, and EMPLOYER TAX ID.

Why isn't that info used as prima facie evidence of the employer hiring illegals, and fine him for $10,000 per episode as the law provides. That would produce more revenue than the workers FICA contribution, by at least $8000.

This is a preview of the coming North American Union. You will pay for other people's burdens, and be told that it's good for the economy.

No me gusta.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I recently received this e-mail.

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year.
/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
www.cis.org...

3. $2.5 Billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
www.cis.org...

4. $12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally and they cannot speak a word of
English!
transcripts.cnn.com...

5. $17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
transcripts.cnn.com...

6. $3 Million Dollars a DAY is spent to incarcerate illegal aliens.
transcripts.cnn.com...

7. 30% percent of all Federal Prison inmates are illegal aliens.
transcripts.cnn.com...

8. $90 Billion Dollars a year is spent on illegal aliens for Welfare & social services by the American taxpayers.
premium.cnn.com...

9. $200 Billion Dollars a year in suppressed American wages are caused by the illegal aliens.
transcripts.cnn.com...

10. The illegal aliens in the United States have a crime rate that's two and a half times that of white non-illegal aliens. In particular, their children, are going to make a huge additional crime problem in the US.
ttp://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0606/12/ldt.01.html

11. During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, coc aine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S from the Southern border.
Homeland Security Report: /t9sht

12. The National Policy Institute, 'estimated that the total cost of mass deportation would be between $206 and $230 billion or an average cost of between $41 and $46 billion annually over a five year period.'
www.nationalpolicyinstitute.org...

13. In 2006 illegal aliens sent home $45 BILLION in remittances back to their countries of origin.
www.rense.com...

14. 'The Dark Side of Illegal Immigration: Nearly One Million Sex Crimes Committed by Illegal Immigrants In The United States '.
www.drdsk.com...

The total cost is a whopping $338.3 BILLION DOLLARS A YEAR

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
So basically, what they put back in taxes really amounts as nothing compared to the amount of money that they take out of the American economy through aid, smuggling, et c.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I really don't care how much the government is making from illegals. All I care about is that I have been out of work for almost a year now, and I can't even get a job flipping burgers because I no habla. Not to mention all the Summer labor work I used to be able to get. Now contractors won't even talk to an American who needs a job, even if they are Americans themselves and not part of the Mexican Mafia. A guy I used to work for told me flat out that he can only trust illegals to keep their mouths shut if they get hurt.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In the midwest where I live, illegals taking jobs isnt that big of a problem yet. But I'd say that in another 5-10 years, it will similar to what Texas is like now.

[edit on 15/4/08 by wisefoolishness]

new topics

top topics

join