It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you shoot an alien lifeform?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Sure, I agree. We should definitely be prepared for the worst. However, let's not force the worst to become reality. Let's not start a war unless we have a damn good reason.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Are we talking an alien like from "Alien" or an alien like from "ET?"

In the military you have to follow all lawful orders or face court marshal. If the order is not lawful you are advised to act ethically. Then you will probably still face a court marshal, but you may save yourself from ending up in an even worse situation.

Of course it's always pretty cool to get to shoot something.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Depends on what it looked like. If it was humanoid and un-armed I would possibly allow it to communicate before blowing it's brain out. If it looked like a giant insect, I would shoot it, and or get some raid.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Short answer: If it threatened my well-being or others, then yes.

Otherwise, I'd let it carry on with whatever it was doing. Which, I'd hope, would be giving me the secrets to the universe.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I'd do a barrel roll and shoot for the lulz. I feel safe with Bush safeguarding our freedom from evil terrorists, so I don't really worry about aliens attacking us afterwards since Bush, Cheney and our glorious army will protects us. HOORAH!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:07 PM
link   

If you were given orders to shoot, would you do it? Let's say you were in area 51 and all the sudden an Alien escaped. A General gives you orders to shoot and kill. Would you shoot the Alien? Knowing that perhaps you would start a War of the Worlds?

Yes. Without doubt or even a split-second of hesitation. You don't get posted to a place like Area 51 for waffling on your orders.

Here's another scenario though. I'm out hunting in the woods, and come across an alien being. Would I shoot it then? Probably, I'm bored with Earth food and want to find out what they taste like. Just kidding.

If not ordered to, I would not shoot an alien being unless it posed a threat.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
So according to the scenario we're holding the alien captive at area 51, where we are undoubtedly performing horrific experiments on it and generally not being very nice to it, and it somehow manages to escape. Would I shoot it? More than likely I would try to help it escape. Afterall, if they are superior beings it would probably be to my advantage to get on their good side.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Define "alien life form". Then we can discuss it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why not shoot them? They are not here to hold hands with us and sing Kumbaya.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Yes. No doubt about it. Unless that thing could poop gold or diamonds..then I would track it, catch it, and keep it in my basement.
If I was just out hunting, fishing, whatever and came across one......Yeah probably....even a dead alien has to worth major bucks to CNN or FOX.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
people kill each other everyday why should i treat an alien any differently i say no to racecism and hate everyone equally

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
i believe i've already heard a story about an event at area 51. They were working with our scientist and some how for some reason an argument between a scientist about an experiment turned ugly. the scientist attacked the gray and the guy was thrown or injured somehow before he could hurt the alien. solders come in guns drawn and they are either killed or incapacitated telepathically. the army quarantined the base and called in the seals or something. however i think things worked out before our seal team was sent to be slaughtered. there was i time of non communication between us and them after that.
thats what i remember and i don't think if i wanted to that i could shoot one. im glad i don't feel the need for such violence . im really interested as to what scared the scientist to make him attack one. all reports i normally read about fighter jets that attack suddenly cant fire there missiles and even loose control of their jets.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   
That is like asking if you would shoot a monkey or a dolphin. Most of us would much rather not but if it had a freakin laser beam strapped to its head or something...I'd shoot it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by mrRviewer

As I understood it, that event took place sometime back in the sixties, and was all about some simple misunderstanding. But perhaps we are still misunderstanding.

EDIT to add:

I hope that makes enough sense to understand.

I think I'm getting a little overtired here.

[edit on 4/16/0808 by jackinthebox]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jedimiller
If you were given orders to shoot, would you do it?

I wouldn't wait 'for orders'. Hell .. if one came at me today I'd pull out my glock and nail it with an entire clip.

Those buggers are mean. They do painful experiments. They mess with minds and memories. They think of us as little bugs. So I will squash them before they squash me!

Count on it.

Then let us hope that the day never comes when the chimps and other intelligent creatures we experiment on, learn how to use weapons !

Humans are the meanest buggers and they're all around us. They do painful experiments on anything they consider 'less worthy' for their own vanity, and they even mess with their own minds and memories - and other humans pay them for it.

If I ever saw an alien, I'd not shoot it.. Id beg it for a ride off this infected rock..

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
You guys are ruthless! I would never shoot an alien. If he's trying to escape from area 51 there must be a reason. He could be under medication, and in grave danger. If I was given order to shoot, i'd quit my job and go live in an RV with Art Bell or something. But If I was in the military and someone told me to shoot at em', I would throw my gun down and walk out.

Great story there about the scientist!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
To all those who have responded dont shoot...

GENTLMEN,

LOCK AND LOAD!

as one of the previous posters did point out, you wouldnt be in an area where aliens are, unless you could be trusted to follow orders without question

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Then let us hope that the day never comes when the chimps and other intelligent creatures we experiment on, learn how to use weapons !

Humans are the meanest buggers and they're all around us. They do painful experiments on anything they consider 'less worthy' for their own vanity, and they even mess with their own minds and memories - and other humans pay them for it.

If I ever saw an alien, I'd not shoot it.. Id beg it for a ride off this infected rock..

Although cruel, alot of those experiments done on animals have givin us cures for alot of diseases, and probably have contributed to us living longer than we were living in previous centuries.

Hey, But wait......
If those "abductees" are correct, do'nt them nice aliens also do horrific experiments on us too?

Who knows, you just maybe hitchin a ride right on to their examining table...or dinner table.
Just food for thought, or ......Food for them.

[edit on 16-4-2008 by johnjohn808]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
If I was given order to shoot, i'd quit my job and go live in an RV with Art Bell or something. But If I was in the military and someone told me to shoot at em', I would throw my gun down and walk out.

That's what I'd like to say, but I'd probably be too afraid of a court martial. However, I guess maybe a court martial would almost surely feel better to my conscience than murdering an alien. I guess it would depend on whether I could work up the courage to question my orders. Generally, not shooting the alien would be my preference if I could help it.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
We are too busy shooting people.

And who said aliens exist?

Bet you they don't.

We will never see one.

And see God before the last bet is made.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join