It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride prescription....

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Flouride isn't bad. It's what they're putting in the SOFT DRINKS that we should worry about

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:19 AM
link   
fluoride is only slightly less toxic than arsenic and there's a huge amount of wacky theories surrounding its alledged real use. see f-ex.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there are aspects which cannot be negated, though, ingested, it's simply toxic and the compounds they put in the water supplies in many US cities is derived from toxic waste.

if you really want a reason NOT to give her fluorine, search the web for 'skeletal fluorosis' and remember that it can be a cumulative poison.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum
"... is proven to harden tooth enamel against decay."

I'd like to see that proof.
Here's some more info on Fluoride.

www.fluoridealert.org...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If you was my neighbor and told me this, I would kinbdly tell you Not to give this to the child. However, the ultimate desicion is yours.

I f you look on the back of your toothpaste, it says harmful if swallowed. Contact emergency services immediately or your poison control center.
Flouride also causes brain damange.

I say no to flouride.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
We are about to be forcibly medicated in the UK by the addition of fluoride to our water.
(i'll be getting a filter.)

Theres a disease called "flourosis" which is caused by guess what?

en.wikipedia.org...

Of course UK dentists have been trained not to use the word flourosis-they call it "mottled teeth-totally natural of course..."

We don't want everyone to realise what they are told protects their teeth is actually poisoning you and wrecking your teeth.

I recommend this video about fluoride.

video.google.co.uk...

Bad stuff.Lowers IQ.Was also used in nazi concentration camps to pacify the prisoners.

" "At the end of the Second World War, the United States Government sent Charles Elliot Perkins, a research worker in chemistry, biochemistry, physiology and pathology, to take charge of the vast Farben chemical plants in Germany. While there, he was told by German chemists of a scheme which had been worked out by them during the war and adopted by the German General Staff.

"This scheme was to control the population in any given area through mass medication of drinking water. In this scheme, sodium fluoride occupied a prominent place.

"Repeated doses of infinitesimal amounts of fluoride will in time reduce an individual's power to resist domination by slowly poisoning and narcotising a certain area of the brain, and will thus make him submissive to the will of those who wish to govern him.

"Both the Germans and the Russians added fluoride to the drinking water of prisoners of war to make them stupid and docile." "

members.iimetro.com.au...

An interesting page on fluoride use in WW2.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

First off, google vaccinations and watch what you can on them. I've seen various comments by parents who swear they'll never vaccinate their kids again [ we humas did do pretty good for about 5, 000 years with out them, and as you can see, I don't trust them either ]

The other is fluoride, I'd also search for posted videos on them and watch what you can.

In addition you may want to search for mercury fillings or silver amalgams and watch those as well.

We live in a manipulated system that is mainly driven by profits with the thin veneer of healthcare to hide some not very nice things underneath.

Here is a very interesting article on fluoride and the pineal gland;

www.fluoridealert.org...

and one for vaccines;

video.google.ca...

and mercury fillings;

video.google.ca...

The bottom line for me is, I'd never vaccinate or allow fluoride to poison my kids.

LASTLY, in this weeks AMERICAN FREE PRESS, there is an insert on healthcare that covers autism and vaccines, call them and request the insert!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Silcone Synapse

" Bad stuff.Lowers IQ.Was also used in nazi concentration camps to pacify the prisoners. "

Funny, that's how I see our country....pacified......! A quite sad thing to come to realize about your own country.

The only solution for that, would be to really have a FREE PRESS that actually did the job that people currently ASSUME it is doing now which it is not.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by toasted]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by an0maly33
i wouldn't do it - i've never heard of fluoride prescriptions. our pediatrician never even mentioned anything like that and he's almost 2.

Sorry, but I had to react to this; please, tell me, is your pediatrician REALLY almost two? That is quite illegal; you have to be at least 18 to be a pediatrician...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You Tube has a three part piece on fluoride; its called the fluoride deception; here is the link if you want to check it out, its quite interesting...

uk.youtube.com...

I found it to be quite enlightening.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I can give you my opinion as a mother of four young boys. We went to a children's clinic for the three oldest boys and saw all of the doctors at any given time. None of the doctors at that clinic ever prescribed fluoride. We take our youngest (3) to a different doctor now and he never prescribed it either.

I would be skeptical and then toss the prescription if it were me.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

Domestic water companies in the UK have to consult with Local Authorities before any additional fluoride is added to supplies. Some reservoirs already contain a certain amount of natural fluoride.

Local Authorities then consult with the public to ascertain general opinion. Ours is one of the areas that has decided not to receive the fluoride.

Though it is recognized that there are adverse side effects to fluoride ingestion, the consensus is that in deprived areas, there are minor benefits to children's dental health when it is added to drinking water. In circumstances where children consume excess sugary foods and are not encouraged to brush their teeth regularly, this may well be the case.

Recently, I followed a lengthy trail of reports on which the Government relies, to determine the value of added fluoride. I was led in a huge circle - the conclusion being that a great deal more research was required. There were certainly no scientific recommendations for its use.

It is interesting to note that the British Government has given water companies immunity from prosecution by members of the public, with regard to adding fluoride. I did wonder why this action was required.

I have been led to believe that that fluoride is the major active ingredient in many sedatives and was actually used in Nazi concentration camps for that purpose.

An additional problem is that although water samples may be tested at reservoirs, fluoride and chlorine will leach certain heavy elements from supply pipework. In older areas that have not been upgraded, lead and copper pipes will obviously present more of a hazard.

My own recommendation would be that if you can avoid ingesting fluoride, do so. Brushing your teeth regularly and avoiding sugary foods is a far more healthy option.

[edit on 15/4/08 by Myrdyn]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
This has got to be some of the biggest crap I have ever heard. I'm studying to be a nurse and have read extensively about health, and fluoride in particular, and that seems like the worst idea ever. Your son or daughter will end up losing the teeth no matter what you do, what's the point? They have done many studies where ingesting fluoride has no effect in preventing dental caries. What happens though is that it clings on really well to your skeleton over the course of your life and it stays there. Older women living in areas with water fluoridation have a higher rates for fractures than do older women living in unfluoridated areas. Young men have higher rates of rare osteosarcomas. On top of that, the area of your body that it concentates the most is not the skeletal system or teeth, but in the brain, the pineal gland to be specific.

In any case, it seems like a horrid idea. I would switch doctors personally because that really seems ridiculous. Of course there might be a legit reason I'm missing but there is no way I'd recommend it. Around how old it the Doctor you have?

Someone reminded me about the lowering of IQ, and I read about that also. China did a study and found children that lived next to heavily fluoride polluted areas had lower IQs.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by ghaleon12]

[edit on 15-4-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My mother is a nurse. When I was a child, my PD prescribed me Fluoride. My mother took the prescription, but never gave me the Fluoride. THANKS MOM!

Please look up these quotes for yourself before you medicate your child with this poison.

The fluoride used for water fluoridation does not have FDA approval and is considered by the FDA as an "unapproved drug". Research shows fluoridation is unnecessary since we're already receiving 300% or more of the American Dental Association's recommended daily amount.

-American Medical Association

"I am appalled at the prospect of using water as a vehicle for drugs. Fluoride is a corrosive poison that will produce serious effects on a long range basis. Any attempt to use water this way is deplorable."

- Dr. Charles Gordon Heyd, Past President of the American Medical Association

"The E.P.A. should act immediately to protect the public on the evidence of bone fractures, arthritis, mutagenicity and other effects due to fluoridization of water supplies."

- Dr. William Marcus, Senior Toxicologist at E.P.A.

Trucking companies that transport Fluoride toothpaste are required to display a Toxic Hazard sign on their vehicles.

The respected magazine Newsweek, advised the public that "political decisions [about fluoridation] were at odds with expert advice" and "fluoride from your tap may not do much good-and may cause cancer."

The first occurrence of fluoridated drinking water was in German Nazi prison camps. They found that mass-medicating water with fluoride was a good way to "Sterilize humans and force them into a into a calm submission.”

Fluoride is one of the basic ingredients in both PROZAC
(FLUoxetene Hydrochloride)

and Sarin Nerve Gas
(Isopropyl-Methyl-Phosphoryl FLUORIDE)

According to a 2002 study, 67% of Americans are living in communities with fluoridated water.

Good luck to you,

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
We are about to be forcibly medicated in the UK by the addition of fluoride to our water.
(i'll be getting a filter.)

I'm just curious... how do you intend to filter fluoride out of your water? I am quite certain that you will not be able to produce bathing quantities.

I suggest you give up the city pressure and filter rain water through activated carbon instead.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
That stuff is bad, bad, bad read up on it.

I also will not allow the Dentist to do any treatment using that crap and I had to sign a form denying it.

Also check toothpaste it seems that crap is in everything dental, use arm and hammer baking soda for them there toofers.

[edit on 15-4-2008 by observe50]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
I wouldn't do it. Since when does ingested fluoride help the teeth? The idea behind fluoride in the water is that it runs over the teeth. It is a flimsy arguement at best. So, I just fail to see how giving your child a neurotoxin that won't even touch her teeth will help them come in strong.

You try to put a liquid into the mouth of a child less than 18 montsh old, and convince them to spit it out. Its supposed to be swallowed.

And its no magic that flouride works against microbial organisms, and therefore protects our teeth - A baby at that age has an immune system that is not fully developed, and therefore does not shed antibody A in its saliva. So yes, fluoride is very helpfull at that age too, as long as they have beginning teeth. It could protect them against holes before they get their new set of teeth.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I just took my son to his first dentist visit a couple weeks ago. He's 22 months and has all of his baby teeth already, so my wife wanted them looked at to make sure they were doing good. His dentist balked at me when I declined the flouride prescription and after some mild badgering I took it, throwing it away as soon as I got to my Jeep.

I grew up on well water and have excellent teeth. My wife grew up on city water treated with flouride and was plagued with cavities until she moved out West and started drinking filtered & well water. We live in the Cascades and use well water. I won't flouridate either of my children, nor will I permit any flouridating to be done when they are in school by the school (won't be an issue since they'll both be going to private school.) We also only use non-flouridated toothpaste.

I have no idea if all of the ills attributed to flouride are justified or not, but I do know from personal experience and observation that the proclaimed benefits appear to be less than what is claimed.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

" And its no magic that flouride works against microbial organisms, and therefore protects our teeth - A baby at that age has an immune system that is not fully developed, and therefore does not shed antibody A in its saliva. So yes, fluoride is very helpfull at that age too, as long as they have beginning teeth. It could protect them against holes before they get their new set of teeth. "

Hmmmm, how in the world, did mans' teeth survive all this time [ 5-6,000 yrs ] without this stuff? And how come the rabid animal rights folks aren't out in the wild giving fluoride treatments to their beloved animals, that couldn't live without mans "protection", surely they must be suffering immensely!

I'm sorry sir, but I couldn't disagree with you more. And you simply could not have read very much about this "great discovery" for mankind or your comments would have been quite different.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
My opinion is that young kids should not ingest fluoride in any form. Even the toothpaste for kids should not have any fluoride in it, and there are certain non-fluorinated brands that are suitable for kids who still haven't gotten their permanent teeth. It can be considered for a fact that fluoride in a toothpaste is good for the tooth enamel in an occasional use, but it might be wise to have non-fluorinated toothpaste as the main choice, as the fluoride is absorbed to the bloodstream also through the lining of the mouth (oral mucosa) even without swallowing. Brushing the teeth twice a day, six days a week with a non-fluorinated toothpaste, and only during one day of a week with a fluorinated toothpaste. That would be my choice and recommendation!

Much more important for the dental health is to avoid sugar, as many foods do really have excessive amounts of it! Kids love sweet taste, but anybody can get accustomed to foods that do not have any added sugar. Eating excessive amounts of sugar can contribute to getting a type 1 diabetes in childhood or adolescence. The teeth can always be replaced, but so far the pancreas can't. If you eat wisely, there are great chances that you can keep both.

The most important thing for a parent is probably to avoid infecting the child with the dental caries bacteria at a very young age. Such an infection can only be seen later when the child gets the first cavities, first in the baby teeth and later in the permanent teeth. Most of us adults (if not all) do have the dental caries bacteria in the mouth flora, and it is quite easy to accidentally share them with the child by using a common spoon or at least tasting the child's food with the same spoon, giving goodnight kisses to the lips, etc. My theory is that if the infant is completely saved from the dental caries bacteria during the first few years of life, there will be much less problems with dental cavities later in life. This has probably much to do with the fact that young infants can't easily form an immunity to the dental caries bacteria, but at the age of four to five they seemingly already can.

[edit on 15.4.2008 by Doc Lithium]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Is there such a thing as non-fluoride tooth paste for children

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join