It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner says info on Mars soon

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

Not every one is hating on the Shat!

Jedi seems to be, but he fancies himself a comedian, so there! (hint...see his avatar)

AND, it comes down the the decades-old fight between the Star Wars vs/ Star Trek argument....

Hmmm.....let's ponder....escapist fantasy, both. BUT, thoughtful, world-changing context, told in ways to comment on current events and concerns in ways that are not too preachy (usually).

Six motion pictures, entertaining at times.....but absolutely pure fantasy, no attempt to even try to explain the pseudo-science...

Or, ten (soon to be eleven) motion pictures, plus hundreds and hundreds of hours of television....did I mention hundreds and hundreds of hours?

Discuss.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave420

Come on, folks. It's ol' Shater. He's a great entertainer. When you citing him as evidence into anything scientific, it's probably time to give up

Reminds be a little bit of that movie with Tim Allen, Galaxy Quest. Where because he was on a TV Show, the aliens thought it was real and based all their technology on it, and needed his help to save their race.

hehe..

Sigourney was rather hot in that movie too I might say..

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Well I don't know what to say about this, but maybe just maybe W. Shatner knows a guy that knows somebody..... you know...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
FYI, he's just joking. He's talking about Boston Legal producer David Kelley's new TV series called "Life on Mars."

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_series)

So it's a false alarm/joke.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I'm only perplexed by the quantity of Menace in comments as on that page as well on this....

there is no limit to human egoism...

I for one believe he is dead serious

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Hey William Shatner is my favourite Captain and Star Trek was fabulous. Great morality stories which stand the test of time.
I had not thought about Shatner being the media front man for the announcement of life but hey what an opportunity. He would make Dr McCoy's famous line *It's Life Jim But Not As We Know It" become immortalised historical words in human history for real. I think it is a great idea. And lets not forget William Shatner has hosted shows in the past on UFOs and the possibility of ET life too. And if it leads to an expansion of NASA into something akin to Star fleet, well i am all for that !!

Now where did i leave my comminicator and phaser ? "Beam Me Up Scotty"

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Ah, William Shatner!... You have to love him... From being the rock solid Captian Kirk that geeks my age idolized to the crazy old lawyer Denny Crane that makes me laugh out loud each episode, and everything in between, he's amazing... A lousy actor, a even worse singer, and at best a medicore writer... Yet he is hughly popular and successful... I think the old captian would be the perfect person to announce the discovery of life on another planet...

Captain James T. Kirk (William Shatner) in Generations:
"I don't need to be lectured by you. I was out saving the galaxy when your grandfather was in diapers. Besides which I think the galaxy owes me one."

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The trouble with tribbles? I would have thought he would still have some of those in his sock draw.

Yeah, I tend to equate Shatner as a perv and maybe not everyones ladies man. His role on Boston Legal is really embarassing also. But, no doubt there are many alien Kirk fans who have cloned him and his other crew members for some type of role playing also.

If they could put Shatner in his younger version and of course his past wife, I think many would be grateful. Without science fiction shows like Star Trek, maybe our alien visitors would not have bothered?

I still haven't forgotten Shatner telling his Star Trek fans to get a life.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Originally posted by Smugallo
Oh and for the record, Kirk was by far the worst captain

Hey, you're talking a bit of rubbish. Kirk was the only cadet to solve the Kobayashi Maru test (the "Kobayashi Maru" is the precipitating element in a simulated no-win scenario) at Starfleet Academy. He cheated -- but he solved the test. And he did so in typical Kirkian spirit and attitude.

James T. Kirk takes the test three times while at Starfleet Academy. Prior to his third attempt, Kirk surreptitiously reprograms the simulator so that it is possible to rescue the freighter. This fact finally comes out, later in the movie, as Kirk, Saavik and others appear marooned, near death. Saavik's response is, "Then you never faced that situation. Faced death." Kirk replies, "I don't believe in the no-win scenario."

So watch what you say about Kirk. He is just as likely as other starship commanders, if not more so, to find a way to win. He relishes finding and exploiting weaknesses in most any given scenario.

Source

[edit on 15-4-2008 by Areal51]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
EH-HEM! Back on topic.... I found this interesting transcript while reading...mabey its related?

The US Army worked on the project from a base at Fort Meade, Maryland. It was led by General Albert Stubblebine, Chief of Intelligence for the US Army, and Major Ed Dames. The unit had begun investigating UFOs and the possibility alien races - particularly Martians - were living among humans.

The major believed that Martians had been resettled on Earth thousands of years ago by leaders of the Galactic Federation - an ancient race who had been visiting the planet since the age of the dinosaurs.

Bill Clinton ordered a bizarre spy unit to contact the Loch Ness monster by telepathy

Could the "secret" be, that Mars was indeed inhabited by aliens, long ago.......aliens that were "human"? Gets the brain tickin huh....

Editorial Note: The "MySpace site linked does NOT belong to me, or anyone one I know, employ, associate with, or have ever met.
Thank You. ~1nL
[edit on 073030p://46047 by 1nL1ghtened]

[edit on 073030p://50047 by 1nL1ghtened]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by gemstone

gemstone, you just made me laugh out loud!!

Thank you!!

WW

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkraver
I'm only perplexed by the quantity of Menace in comments as on that page as well on this....
there is no limit to human egoism...

I for one believe he is dead serious

Hi darkraver! Don't get me wrong! I have nothing against Shatner. He is a legend and I kinda liked Star Trek for the technical wizardy and special effects!

But when he says, "I will let you in on a little secret, that I have been told not to reveal. So I wont reveal who told me, but there is going to be new information about Mars. It wont be too long away," it really gets my goat! These lines sounds too darn familiar.

Secret? Why does he not come out with it? Not to reveal? Sounds familiar, what? New info on Mars? Oh yeah! Won't be long? Probably a thousand years?

So we're back to square one!

Cheers!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
has any of you ever, ever heard of the film fanboys? it's supposed to be coming out soon. it has been delayed, but in that movie, do a search. Shatner comes out and he is against the fanboys, the star wars fans. He is seen in the trailer breaking into the lucasfilm archives. I have a part in that movie, as a assistant and counselor. I've met with all the actors and directors during the filming of the movie. the movie is called "FANBOYS" I have the California license plates.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

Jedi, hope you enjoyed spending your points to 'become' a Star Wars "expert"...

Sorry, your silly avatar trying to re-create the late, great Rodney DangerField just doesn't do it for us.

"THANK you.....NEXT!!!"

WW

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
lol. I'm working on something else man, don't worry. I know there are thousands of Star wars Avatar, but for some reason this one gets on people's nerves. guess i'm the new ATS shatner!

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

So I was talkin' the other day, and I says to my friend, as he told me his problems....I says...."Take my wife.....please"

NO respect I tells ya! NO respect!

SO....trick question. You stumble out of the snow into a cabin, and you see there is a fireplace and a stove and an oil lamp, and you only have one match. Which to you light first!!

Enjoy...WW

[edit on 4/16/0808 by weedwhacker]

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Grey Basket

You said he was dead serious, serious like his movie Invasion Iowa? I think his on a viral campaign for an upcoming project. He led a whole town along while he filmed that movie, playing pranks and doing a hoolywood parody.

I bet his next movie will be based on those micro organisms killing off earth! Hes just campaigning for it now.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

so many trek films and yet so much tripe

the films are dire, anyway star wars is gong to knock out some tv episodes

see what they will be like.

went to see the original star trek film in 79. in a cold damp theater. cinemas were real back then, they went a bit soft with heating,decent choice of films and a selection of sweet and savoury snacks. all we had was a pack of starburst (opal fruits) to lob at the screen.

anyway the film was tripe

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Has to be said, original star wars films still are great, looking a bit dated though - the new ones are embarrisingly bad, with good some good actors with truly awful dialogue, only one man can bugger up his own masterpiece - George Lucas - a man truly up his own arse, he privatlely funded the films so that he had complete freedom to make the movie as he wanted it, funny thing is when hollywood had a say in it his movies were better!

Now don't get me started on Star Trek and it's truly annoying utopian view of future human society (peacekeepers and scientists?) Klingons (war mongering, honour obsessed) romulans (space-romans?) and a few other worldwide stereotypes with mars bars melted onto their heads to give then that authentic 'alien' look. Don't get me wrong I have enjoyed some episodes of star trek, but most of the time you can't help but wonder about all the parallels it has with earth - oh and those universal translators do a very good job of moving the aliens mouths in english whilst translating klingon!

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Are you serious? Shatner has info about life on Mars? What did he reveal?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join