It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

William Shatner says info on Mars soon

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just stumbled across this

don't know what you guys think but it seems to me that more and more "secrets" are to be let out of the bag in the near future for whatever reason.

either that or shatners got a new book out

trekmovie.com...

video on site

All the best

David

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
He was dead serious, but seemed to be talking microbial life rather than the ATS's version of it. Interesting all the same.

He did also say they believe they are going to find it under the ground, so "believe" may mean he only has been told of a new possibility or search rather than they have already found it and not told people yet.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
hello

Who could Shatner be involved with that would have this info do you think?

Life is life one small step towards a leap in life on mars?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:30 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
He's probably connected to scientists who were/are big star trek fans. science fiction does a lot to inspire people to dream of what could be.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Since when do we ask the almighty master of galaxies, William Shatner, what's going on with Mars? Note your link, TREKMOVIE.com, TREK, MOVIE...

TREK...

MOVIE...

Somethings wrong with the idea behind this. *raises eyebrow and scratches chin*

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   
William Shatner is crazy man. All his stuff is the work of fiction. He has absolutely no factual evidence in any of his books. I mean come on, his star trek show bombed!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
He could be talking about the Phoenix Lander. I don't know who would give him such info though. Maybe he's exaggerating?

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
William Shatner is crazy man. All his stuff is the work of fiction. He has absolutely no factual evidence in any of his books. I mean come on, his star trek show bombed!

Don't u ever, ever, EVER again say something like that about Captain Kirk!!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I'm going to assume (and hope) that comment was an ironic/sarcastic one

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Basket
He was dead serious, but seemed to be talking microbial life rather than the ATS's version of it. Interesting all the same.

He did also say they believe they are going to find it under the ground, so "believe" may mean he only has been told of a new possibility or search rather than they have already found it and not told people yet.

My belief is that his belief is correct. Extraterrestrial life is just life that is not Earth based. I don't see why "ATS's version" would assume intelligence.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I'm surprised!

No ones done the "It's Life Jim... But Not As We know It" Line Yet!
Ooops - Too Late!

LOL at Shatner knowing anything at all about Mars beyond what us ATS'ers already know. Perhaps people are forgetting that he's just an actor?

GreyBasket - If you bothered to read many of the ATS threads, you'd realize that Microbial Life is also high on the agenda here. Read almost any Mars thread!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I though he was trying to hint at information from the Phoenix lander as well, which is due to touch down in the polar regions of mars in about a months time.

He is probably saying that incase life does get detected and people think he is is the know hehe.

Oh and for the record, Kirk was by far the worst captain

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Hey William Shatner also says that if you go online and buy your hotel room from --------- it will save you some money. Not. Just call the hotel you are wanting a room at and book it, it is cheaper than ----------.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePiemaker

Piemaker, you raise a good point. While William Shatner's modus operandi is hawking (the transitive verb, not the physicist) books and whatever else he is working on, he does have a lot of connections to the scientific community. Didn't you guys see "How William Shatner Changed the World" on the History Channel? Astronauts, physicists, inventors, and others talk about the direct influence Star Trek had on their lives and career paths. It is not too far fetched to surmise that there are people at NASA and JPL who chit-chat with Shatner now and then, possibly spilling some tantalizing information about the confirmation of extraterrestrial life. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I think William Shatner would be a great host at a live press conference from NASA announcing the detection of life on Mars.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I was about to say the same thing. Sure William Shatner might not be an astrophysicist and he surely has a rudimentary (if that) grasp on computers, but he certainly does speak fervently and confidently about the topic.

Given the people who work in astronomy now, a good proportion of them must have grown up with star trek and I am sure more than a few of them would regard him with fondness. I could quite imagine a few of them giving him an inside track on the quiet due to his science fiction status.

And finally it's not like he revealed anything we haven't theorised here, that there is life below the ground level in liquid water. He didn't say it was sentient life and did not comment if it was bacterial. If nothing else it could well be an educated guess based on the information NASA has released over the years.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Leave Shatner alone. He's a big enough guy to parody himself

The guy is a showman and a very good one in my books. He can make nerds/geeks/trekkies all sit up and pay attention.
If he's got any info then you can rest assured that the person who handed it to him has probably got his own authentic Star Trek uniform in his wardrobe or a bat'leth above the fireplace

As for being the worst captain, he was also the first! (or the 2nd if you include Pike)

PS: I'm a Babylon 5 man myself!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I agree that William Shatner more than likely has contacts within the scientific community.

As Shere Khaan rightly said, the original Trek generation would have produced many, many scientists, and their interests could well have been ignited by his TV escapades (though not all would want to admit to it).

As to Rotoplooker's idea of "Captain Kirk" being the spokesman for NASA announcing life on Mars? Brilliant! His attachment to the project would provide a perfect, non threatening aspect of what for many could be a disconcerting announcement.

But would the use of a movie star to promote the findings of a scientific organisation rankle with the tax-paying populace? Certainly not...

The Space Shuttle Enterprise (NASA Orbiter Vehicle Designation: OV-101) was the first Space Shuttle built for NASA. It was constructed without engines or a functional heat shield, and was therefore not capable of space operations; its purpose was to perform test flights in the atmosphere...it was originally planned to be named Constitution. However, a write-in campaign caused it to be renamed after the Starship Enterprise, featured on the television show Star Trek.

en.wikipedia.org...

Roll out the evidence, NASA, and bring the Shat with you!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Breadfan

Originally posted by jedimiller

Don't u ever, ever, EVER again say something like that about Captain Kirk!!
OMG SW vrs ST batten down the hatches!!

I got a soft spot for Shatner,he's cuddly. Coupled with the fact that his last name begins with Shat,which makes the juvenile side of me giggle like a girl. he's a winner!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
second thoughts,he did some advertising for Kelogs,which kind of aphilliates him with the antichrist......

um,reguards to the thread in question,I'll watch the video when i get home,sorry,kind of went off on a little tangent there..move along,nothing to see here....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join