It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points.. An Idea!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sizzle

Right up at the top is a line of black tabs - one says "gear"

click that

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

"Make an option within a post to "member applaud" a user.. a "donation" if you will of ATS or BTS points. If your reading a post, you really like the content, and you have 140k points like me.. donate 250 or 500 to the user who's content you liked so much. "

A very generous idea.!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:40 PM
link   
How about 100,000 points to rent the BANNED button for a day?
There are a few folks here (ATS) that I'd just loooooooove to hit that little red button on!

Just kidding. (mostly)

[edit on 4/15/2008 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I think that this Friday should be declared "black Friday" and all members points dissapear.... everyone starts all over...

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by elevatedone

Cool - as long as I get to keep my RATS access.

I hardly ever post there, it's just that once I've got it I don't want to give it up

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Might I suggest that you use the points to buy carbon-tax credits.

(sorry, I couldn't resist
)

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Might I suggest that you use the points to buy carbon-tax credits.

Snicker .. hee hee .. that was good.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:04 PM
link   
still waiting for the big guys up top to add some input...

What do you think SO?

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Carbon credits are damn expensive from the chicago climate exchange! I think ATS would find it easier to ship cotton goods instead

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I agree that there could be some incentive to gather more points, whether by your suggestion (OP) or by stocking up the ATS-shop.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Tell the Amigo's that, they have ignored this thread.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   
i like the idea....but worry about abuses, too.

I post at one forum that allows you to give "greenies" to someone. But you can't do the same person within 3 people. You have to spread it around, so after you give someone a greenie you have to give it to 3 other people before you can give it to that person again.

If you allow repeat "gifts" you increase chances for a "clique" mentality, and provide a means to bribe support for you in one manner or another. Members with more points could use this to influence various aspects of the boards (including trolling topics that they do not agree with, bringing in support by offering people points for their presence and verbage in specific threads).

Force it to be spread around a little by putting thresholds on it. And keep denominations small.

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not so sure what the problem is with this type of 'abuse' of the point system. Because essentially, who cares? The points have no practical value, all they can do if make your profile look spiffy and get you rats. So theres a clique that has high points? Means nothing to me.

But what does mean something is being able to show your appreciation, and be appreciated, for the things you have contributed. Maybe I'm missing something here, but the abuse of points would be something fairly arbitrary amongst a couple people who aren't aware that its arbitrary.

Where are the admins?

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Modulus

Where are the admins?

Same thing I am wondering. A "yes" "no" would be nice..

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Make an option within a post to "member applaud" a user.. a "donation" if you will of ATS or BTS points. If your reading a post, you really like the content, and you have 140k points like me.. donate 250 or 500 to the user who's content you liked so much.

Hi Rockpuck,

Just a quick post to say I think this is a great idea that would enhance the "social networking" aspects of ATS.

Giving someone a "star" for a post isn't quite the same as giving a few points would be...

I hope the silence from the Powers That Be indicates this idea is getting some serious consideration.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Apr, 29 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
to depart a little from the last pages dialogue....

I just missed my short-term-goal of hitting a insignificant point total
of 28882
my carelessness in getting a 10 point post when i completely knew i was supposted to present content worthy of only single '1' point acknowledgement.

by one point increments i was attempting to reach my goal

but since that short term goal fell by the wayside...
I already knew that my next point goal was to match my Zip Code #
which is 29577 (for myrtle beach) & 29576 (murrells inlet)
~ i have physical ties with both places, which are only 18 miles apart ~

this is a personal goal/ horizon, and i don' t suggest that any game to have one's ATS or BTS points equal their Zip Code....but i do put this idea before the many members...
so they too can carry out a 'game-within-a-game' ... as it were

I'll most likely have to produce at least one (1) Applause rated post
along the way to 29577 which is now only +869 points away,
especially if a May 6th date falls into the equasion.

thanks

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I'm not so sure that really counts as "abuse." It just sounds more like a way to bring more people into a discussion. That's a good thing, not a bad thing. For every person "bribing" people to join in and support one side of an argument, there will be somebody on the other side of the argument doing the same thing.

This means bigger threads with more visits, more flags, more content, and ultimately more ATS.

I'm sure T&C violations would still be enforced just as well as they've always been, so really, what's the problem?

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I think that's a really good idea
and i'm not just sayin that because i have no points
. I'm sure it would make new members feel more welcome.Nice to see so many agree with you
. I also wonder why the admins hasn't acknowledged your idea yet.

posted on May, 5 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

I agree with you totally here!

I think 50 - 100 points is enough to let a member know you appreciated a post of theirs without being able to abuse the system, you'd also be able to give a "Member Applause" to more people with an option that only lets you give away 50 - 100 points.

Sounds like a great idea!

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:25 PM
link   
So what ever happened to this idea? Did the Big Guys get back through U2U or what?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join