It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points.. An Idea!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
1). I think we should be able to use them to purchase shares of ATS.

2). We should be able to purchase "Ranking Stripes" for our profile that are beast!

3). For Ten-Thousand points you can pay for your thread be advertised on the home page as "CHECK THIS # OUT."

4). For twenty thousand points you can go "Invisible" mode where your comments are blacked out for anonymity (however according to T & C's).

5). Create cooler icon graphics for purchase. (i.e. "I'm the Best" Smiley).

6). Create "ATS-Street" and trade shares.

7). 50,000 points. One-Day Pass to Moderationville (If there is such a place in the cosmos
)

Just a few. But I liked yours too.

AAC

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm not really sure in how the points are given out, but it would seem that any post that has over a certain number of stars could than be doubled in point value. Merit points for new links etc.

I would hate to make a mistake giving out a large amount in an applause and then regret it for being too hasty. I noticed some people get over excited about certain topics and can see the potential for abuse and cliques.

I would also like to mention the impression that it appears that many people here have me on ignore. I should know this as much if not more so as people are respected foes. That's why my mood is invisible. What's the point of seeing someones post and replying when they don't see yours?

True or false?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

I would also like to mention the impression that it appears that many people here have me on ignore. I should know this as much if not more so as people are respected foes. That's why my mood is invisible. What's the point of seeing someones post and replying when they don't see yours?

True or false?

What was that? Did somebody hear something?

Sorry, had to. Don't really know what you're getting at, but I haven't ignored you.

AAC

[edit on 14-4-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I like this idea alot
Of course teh actual amounts needs to be ironed out, but a solid idea.

Here is another from my brain:

Purchasable ATS Gear!!!

Seriously, I am a web dev and I have been in the industry for a while. ATS makes alot of cash from this site through ads. Which is great for them
But I think the Above Network LLC can give back to the members by allowing them to "buy" real ATS gear with ATS points, like one of those ATS shirts.

Not too mention wearing an ATS shirt is obviously a form of advertisment. It's a win win situation!!

It could be something obscene like 50k points for a hat. I dunno. Numbers can be worked out. But what do you think about that idea Rockpuck? And other members?

[edit on 113030p://14u16 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I suggested pretty much the same thing months ago. I got a reply that had nothing to do with what I said instead.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I give Rockpuck 5000 points right now for the brilliant idea!
I also think that you should get to decide the amount of points to give according to quality. And it should not be anonymous. I would want to know where my support came from.
I always appreciate which Mod appreciated my work enough to appoint an applause for me.
Good post Rockpuck.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
As a person with very few points who has to keep their owns thread alive with commentary, I wholeheartedly agree!

But seriously, I have been applauded for posts that got ONE response! I got 4 flags for a post that got 4 responses! It doesn't make sense.

It seems the crazies might outnumber the sane-minded people at this point and only reply to posts that agree with their ideals. I saw 3 threads today with 30+ flags that were already proven wrong...

WHATS THE DEAL????

I dunno, if you agree with an underling like me, and you consistently agree, pay me to keep me here. I will be honest, I am frustrated.

I give you my puny star.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

Purchasable ATS Gear!!!

Nah nah, I beat ya to it!

However, I still think it would be a good idea.

As to Rockpuck's suggestion, a member "applause/donation" system could be interesting; however, I do think restrictions on such would be a good idea, or we might just end up with a bunch of "wealthy" sock puppets. Maybe 50-100 points per donation, with a 200-500 limit on what someone could give an individual member.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018

I would also like to mention the impression that it appears that many people here have me on ignore.

Don't feel bad, I've been around a while and still feel like I'm on "global ignore" when I post a new thread sometimes. Even a comment of mine will be passed over in a thread like I never even posted it or existed at all.

It's not you, it's just the way threads flow sometimes.
You are not on my "ignore" list, and neither is any other ATS member.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Nah nah, I beat ya to it!

Bah! It's an ATS conspiracy! I'm gonna double check my copyright dates.. I should have known better trusting a 'red mage' hehe
*FF reference*

however, I do think restrictions on such would be a good idea, or we might just end up with a bunch of "wealthy" sock puppets. Maybe 50-100 points per donation, with a 200-500 limit on what someone could give an individual member.

Would it still really be an issue if it was 'vampiric'?
Hmm perhaps 'transfer' is more accuracte and less geeky way of saying it.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder

Don't feel bad, I've been around a while and still feel like I'm on "global ignore" when I post a new thread sometimes. ...

It's not you, it's just the way threads flow sometimes.
You are not on my "ignore" list, and neither is any other ATS member.

Well you're both on mine! That's what happens when you try and deny my ignorance
That's not cool. I am trying to be correct here!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Fantastic idea Rockpuck.

I'm 100% for this motion.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I will of course assume that because the Amigos like SO and Skeptic and that other guy I forget his name ..ringer.. dinger.. something like that..

That they are in deep conversation and contemplation over my idea.. keeping it secret, and no doubt, in the next few days a new thread promoting the idea! .. Or MAYBE they are already writing the code!

(Amigos.. if you implement my idea I expect point compensation.
)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I really like this Idea Rockpuck, this is a good way for people to use their hard earned points in a constructive and fun way.

I can see it, you could award the op up to 500 points for a great idea for a thread and replies 50 points.

It would also come in handy in BTS when members want to start games. That way we don't have to bug the overworked staff here to supply a reward for a game we wish to start.

I don't know if this would constitute a new catigory on the profile page (member applause) but the point reward could be implemented I think.

I just don't know how S.O. would work it out to deduct from your account to add to annother account the points neccissary. (probably lots of programming involved there)

But I bet this could be done some point in the future.

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

(probably lots of programming involved there)

Well thats why he is not in this conversation, hes busy writing the codes!

So far I have seen no major objections.. so I still await what the staff thinks (oddly few Mods have commented)

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Could set up ATS poker, and let us gamble with our points...

Either that or this form of "member point derived applause" system proposed by Rockpuck.

Or both!

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 44soulslayer

Hey I like the idea of games based on points.. if ATS will endorse gambling.. only.. would I be able to cash out my points?

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy
I like this idea alot
Of course teh actual amounts needs to be ironed out, but a solid idea.

Purchasable ATS Gear!!!

Seriously, I am a web dev and I have been in the industry for a while. ATS makes alot of cash from this site through ads. Which is great for them
But I think the Above Network LLC can give back to the members by allowing them to "buy" real ATS gear with ATS points, like one of those ATS shirts.

Not too mention wearing an ATS shirt is obviously a form of advertisment. It's a win win situation!!

And the lose lose sides of this :

All 'shirted' members would be 'starred and flagged' vis a mailing address. This member information could then be subpoenaed

And thats all I've got to say about that

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by pavlovsdog

They can subpoena me all they want as long as I have a cool ATS shirt and hat.

Free advertising in England - but it would probably be worn out within 6 months

This is quite a cool idea - I like it

posted on Apr, 15 2008 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Is there really a place to get ATS gear? T-shirts, etc?
If so, where would this be?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join