It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Points.. An Idea!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Tell ya what, I like the idea, but I want to suggest another idea? Maybe make more buyable stuff in the store. Perhaps something material? I was thinking maybe stickers or even a shirt (just make it really expensive?)

Your idea is awesome though. A good way for members to get recognized and to earn a few extra points.
Cheers.

-Z-

posted on Aug, 25 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just put a blackjack game on front page, telling "if you can win 30k in a single day, you will get RATS access for free!" and then just wait for all points to dissapear into a void when the maximum bed is 100 or 250 points.

It works, btw, every single time. At least it worked in all those MUDs and other multiplayer game thingies I used to develop in :-) For some reason dealer always wins, and since it is impossible to convince most people otherwise (they always come up with a plan), it always works.

posted on Aug, 26 2008 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I find it an interesting dilemma as I personally think that the points system is inflating threads, and creating thread hash.

Are people posting to make a point, or are the posting to GET a point.

If people are only doing it for the points, my coming here really becomes..well...

Pointless.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I find it an interesting dilemma as I personally think that the points system is inflating threads, and creating thread hash.

Are people posting to make a point, or are the posting to GET a point.

If people are only doing it for the points, my coming here really becomes..well...

Pointless.

Peace

LOL. I like all the puns (I guess that's the correct word for it )

Anyway, I feel the same way. That is why I have to be honest, and honestly sometimes I feel as if I am just posting to get a point added to my ATS points but really its because of both, at least for me. It creates incentive to be concise and put one's $0.02 into topics.

But than thats why some people are called trolls!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join