It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope Ground Zero prayer seeks terrorists' redemption

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosen
I agree with the OP: we should forgive those who do us harm and indeed turn the other cheek.

The thing is, I don't think it was middle-easterners that attacked us that day hahah inside job? Yes. So...I guess I'll just have to do my best to forgive my own government, eh?

So now that more people are subscribing to the realization that 9/11 was carried out by US government / Federal reserve opertives we are talking about forgivness.

I wonder who planted this forgiviness idea in the popes head?

He's a figurehead puppet anyways.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
... chistianity is leaving the west, being taken of by some form of hinduism ...

I suspect that you are correct.

The east coast American Brahmin have moved away from Christianity and Catholicism and are embracing Hinduism, as they recognize that hinduism offers a superior form of mind control over the masses.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by In nothing we trust]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

An update on this story:

Bush readies big welcome for pope

The leader of the world's 1 billion Roman Catholics has been to the White House only once in history. That changes this week, and President Bush is pulling out all the stops: driving out to a suburban military base to meet Pope Benedict XVI's plane, bringing a giant audience to the South Lawn and hosting a fancy East Room dinner.

Bush has never before given a visiting leader the honor of picking him up at the airport. In fact, no president has done so at Andrews Air Force Base, the typical landing spot for modern leaders.

He's pulling out all stop to meet with someone he may not even like that much. He isn't Catholic, that much is true. Does he really care about the Pope's visit or is it about the prayer distracting us from the "real terrorists?"

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosen
we should forgive those who do us harm and indeed turn the other cheek.

Then be prepared to be hit again... and again .... and again ... and again ...

Originally posted by US Monitor
Christ himself would have forgiven these terrorists, just as he forgave those who crucified him.

Actually, Christ's prayer was to God the Father - 'forgive them for they know not what they do'. If God forgave them or not, we don't know. And I'm willing to be that since no one stopped the soldiers who crucified Christ, then they went on to murder more people after that.

Forgive. Yes.
But you HAVE to stop them from doing it again.

Originally posted by biggie smalls
He's pulling out all stop to meet with someone he may not even like that much.

Bush HAS TO. This is a State Visit. The pope is the head of a country that American is on good terms with - Vatican City is a country.

Also - Bush has a 'thing' with religious figures. He just loooooooves to meet people like the pope and the Dali Lama. He said this to Larry King once .. I'm pretty sure I remember that clearly.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Also - Bush has a 'thing' with religious figures. He just loooooooves to meet people like the pope and the Dali Lama. He said this to Larry King once .. I'm pretty sure I remember that clearly.

Kinda like a fetish then? lol .. every one has their thing..

The whole notion of "forgive" when dealing with international politics and the well being a nation are not founded on any logical basis.. Let us never forget that the worlds greatest wars where started through apathy, cowardice and appeasement.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Very true on the wars part, but I don't think forgiveness has anything to do with apathy or cowardice.

Great strength comes from those who are capable of forgiving those who wronged them. And with that being said, we still need to protect ourselves (I believe it was flyersfan who said this) from such an attack happening again. I am not going to bring up the 911 conspiracy theory because its not quite relevant to the discussion, but we still need to figure out exactly what happened as there are too many inconsistent stories (and other things that I'm not going to get into right now).

Nonviolence is a path to salvation, not hatred and remorse.

Pope Benedict XVI Ready to Meet America

Benedict's first trip to the United States as pope begins Tuesday - a five-day visit to Washington and New York, including a speech at the United Nations. Anyone expecting strident speeches from the man once called "God's rottweiler" for his role defending Roman Catholic doctrine will be disappointed.

Benedict will deliver an unwavering message that society needs religious values, but this intellectual pontiff will do it in the most positive way possible. After making relatively little headway in his efforts to re-ignite the faith in Europe, America's roughly 65 million Catholics seem anxious to hear him.

"He has a way of helping us see what the Gospel and what the Catholic faith tradition asks of us that is challenging and not frightening," Washington Archbishop Donald Wuerl, Benedict's host in the first leg of the five-day trip, told The Associated Press.

I thank god I'm not catholic and have to listen to an ex-hitler youth pope. I feel sorry for catholics everywhere.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

Right I agree forgiving people is great and all.. but you don't forgive a "movement" and you do NOT forgive "an idea" ... because that is impossible.. you cannot forgive it, you simply "ignore" it.

Forgive the individuals of the attacks, I don't care.. but I don't want to see anyone forgiving what "caused" the attacks.. there is no such thing as "the bigger nation" when it comes to forgiving aggressions.. because as I said, the world's deadliest wars where caused by forgiving aggressions.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
The POPE will be here soon. This is sure to be an interesting visit, wish I could be there to see what's going to happen. I think this is a very important event in time but no one can see it right now.
we must all forgive them. god bless.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Nonviolence is a path to salvation, not hatred and remorse.

For countires sometimes it is also the path to oblivian.

I thank god I'm not catholic and have to listen to an ex-hitler youth pope.

Separate topic ... but ... I have mixed feelings on this.

In his favor - it was his parents that made him sign up. Everyone had to otherwise they and their families would have been locked out of society and starved and beaten. (that's no excuse, but I can't say that I would have been brave either. It's easy to say it now, while sitting in front of a keyboard. It's another thing to say it while a gun is in your face) It was for a few years when he was young and hopefully he was able to shake it off. (as Obama claims to have only been taking extreme Muslim lessons for a few years when young. Same kind of thing. - and no, I don't think Obama 'shook it off'.)

Against him - he's euro-centric and anti-american to an extreme. So were the Nazis. I don't know how much of this is because of early indoctrination and how much is because it's in vogue to be anti-American. It could also be that he's part of that NWO anti-American thing .. but I doubt that.

I feel sorry for catholics everywhere.

I feel sorry for us too. Pray for us.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Just thought ya'll would like to see the Pope's itinerary -

HERE

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Calling the bigger picture, would you come in?

There will always be duality, outside of perfect unity. Why are there 32,000 forms of christianity? Because of contamination that is inevitable outside of perfect unity. Which means, for every purest point in a religion, over time, contamination infiltrates. Alas, the purest member of that form, refuses to compromise faith, and starts his own sect, purifying a new form. Over time, contamination infiltrates, and another member refuses to conform and creates his own sect. Until we have 32,000 forms. Proving the point, that if perfect unity is not adhered, a perennial fate of contamination will be your fate. This is duality's patterning. And this is earth's biggest foible.

The pope is calling for the only true way to unite, which is through love, peace, and forgiveness. That is not to say, don't defend yourself, however he's saying don't trade one sinister crime for another. As Ghandi,, Martin Luther King Jr, and many others preached, peace is the only way to conquer our destiny (which is for peace).

What I see forming is two different ideologies. One states that we should crush all of our enemies until everyone sees that we were right by truly looking out for your best interests by indoctrinating you. Another group refusing to trade punches, and see that forming cohesion through compromise is a better way.

The unfortunate part is that these two different ways of thinking are shared by seemingly ever other person.

My question, how can anyone be right, when everything is wrong?

I am for peace.

I almost forgot, great thread Biggie!

AAC

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
IMHO i think the pope is just a about 7 years too late be saying all this and at ground zero

I find that a little odd in itself

top topics

<< 1   >>

join