It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a riddle...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 08:10 AM
link   
an older friend of mine who knows a bit about lost civilizations and such told me he would tell me about a certain kind of peoples who were very strange and could do interesting things,

he told me that if i could find out where the 3 mountains that look like a cross are, that he would reveal this info.

now i really would be open to any opinions as to where this place might be, he said that it could be. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

THREE mountains forming a CROSS would make a strange cross indeed...

Do you know at least on which continent they are supposed to be?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Did he mention at least a starting point? as there are probably a few places like this.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
always thought these did.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   
It's not the mountains you seek it's the reflection thereof.Look for the lake.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

That's a very interesting point.

However, if that is so, then the original "clue" was invalid (because inaccurately formulated).

And it would still help to know at least the continent where this "cross" is supposed to be...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Did he say 3 seperate mountains that look like crosses or a group of 3 mountains that form a cross.
The continent would help. Start with mountains being named for looking like a cross
If in Antartica then could be hard to find evidence.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Also if we help you find it out and he reveals this info to you, would you be willing to tell it to us. Sounds interesting..????????

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Matra, Fatra and Tatra are three mountains that form the flag of Slovakia ?

I dunno. Hard one.

Maybe how 3 mountains looks like written out in another language like Chinese or Sumerian or something.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
What sort of cross? He may be talking about an "X" shaped cross, not a christian cross.

3 Mountains struck me as being allegorical... maybe the 3 Pyramids of Egypt? Do they form a cross of sorts?

Unlikely, but worth a shot nonetheless www.mercuryrapids.co.uk...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
all he gave me was the original clue, nothing else

so far there are some pretty good ideas

i dont think it will be in Antarctica though,

thanks so far guys

and i think he meant specifically mountains
mainly because this civilization supposedly came from there, so pyramids wouldn't work i think

the only other idea i had was to change the riddle so that instead of looking for 3 mountains - id look for 1 mountain with 3 tee's in its name, or something like that, but i couldnt find any so...

[edit on 10-4-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you look down on a pyramid it makes cross symbol. There are 3 on the Giza plateau.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
So what is so special about these people you speak of?

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Świętokrzyskie Mountains (Holy Cross Mountains), (Polish, Góry Świętokrzyskie (help·info)) are a mountain range in central Poland, in the vicinity of the city of Kielce. In most part the chain consists of a number of separate ranges, the highest of which is Łysogóry (lit. bald mountains). The two highest peaks are Łysica at 612 meters (2008 ft) and Łysa Góra at 593 meters (1946 ft). Together with the Jura Krakowsko-Częstochowska the mountains form a region called the Lesser Poland Upland (Wyżyna Małopolska). Their area is 1684 km² (650 mi²). Approximate location is 50°53′N, 20°55′E.

Source: Wikipedia
Holy Cross Mountains

Maybe this could have something to do with it?

[edit on 10-4-2008 by defuntion]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Three sisters. Sisters=the cross. The area has had human life for well over 12000 years. Montana. Flathead region.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
When you drive south on I-15 out of St. George Utah, right after you leave what is known as the "gorge" the mountains come together to form a cross on the side of the mountains. You have to look at just the right time to see the cross or you miss it. I don't know if it is three mountains though. But the mountains there do form a cross.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
The Pryamids do have a cross symbol when looking down at them and there's three of them.

Source is google earth.

[edit on 4/10/2008 by Solarskye]

Mod Note: Image Size – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by Jbird]

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I know the answer to your riddle, but I am not saying anything unless you give me more details.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
"Mountain of the Holy Cross" may be the answer to the riddle.
Holy Cross Mountain is located in the Northern part of the Sawatch Mountain Range in Colorado, Elevation: 14,005 ft. Holy Cross was first photographed in the 1870’s. Due to erosion and a dryer climate, the cross shaped snowfield is not as distinctive today as it was in the 1800’s.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
these are very excellent answers, exactly what i expected from the people on ats, i will look into them and ask my friend,

also about the extra details, all he told we was that it was interesting information about a lost civilization that his father was professionally looking into (when he was alive)

to tell you the truth i dont think he even knows were this is, he may be using me to help him find it

but after he tells me, i will post what he said here, if he allows me too of course, it is his information

right now i the "holy cross mountains" and the pyramids seem to be the best locations so far

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join