It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need help with a riddle...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

I would investigate the mountains in the area of Rennes-le-Château in southern France.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So tell me more about the person who asked you this riddle, whats he do?

Also where there just three mountains or four?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
hes retired but as a hobby he looks into this stuff,

apparently his father worked for some organization or government that was interested in this sort of stuff as well.

and there are 3 mountains.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
and you are sure these mountains are actually mountains, not mountains of gold or dirt or something? It's just that there could be a thousand possibilities.

Plus I don't think the pyramids are the answer. The three mountains are supposed to be FORMING the cross (whichever kind it is). The pyramids just have a cross on them. They are not forming one.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
you make a good point about the pyramids,

also thats the trick about it, maybe it isnt mountains at all but a metaphor for something else, there are many possiblities and thats exactly why i am here trying to figure it out

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tankthinker

Tankthinker, could you ask him to tell you whether he knows at least the continent where they are supposed to be situated?

I think it would also be fair to ask about the literality of the term 'mountain'. Pyramids were supposed to "imitate" mounds - the original Mountain of the World, as it were - but few would identify them with actual mountains even back in the day when they were constructed.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
ok i talked to him a few minutes ago (from when this post was written) and he told me that he himself knows only what we know

his father was real big on mystery and riddles, my friend solved the one that led to the info about civilization was capable of (or its special qualities), but as for the location, well thats why im here

but he interestingly seems to have acquired traits of his dad, cause he says i can't see any of the info till i solve this riddle first so...

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
The three mountains is the path to the self realization of the Being which is done with the work of the cross.
It's not a real place on Earth, but inside yourself. It's an initiated attainment and it's allegorical.
Many mystery schools teach this.
In short synthesis you could sum it up as Birth (the first mountain), Death (the second mountain) and Sacrifice (the third mountain), only attainable through the work on the cross.
Some mystery schools will only teach those who are ready, and by being ready, you have to ask, hence your friend only telling you when you know the answer.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:54 AM
link   
honestly, i would say the older friend doesnt know anything if hes making you figure out a riddle inorder for him to reveal such information. he wants you think he is smarter then he really is. you are never going to find out.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Tell your friend you solved the riddle, but have him tell you about the secret first then you dont have to worry about finding the answer to the riddle. If he is really your friend he will understand.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
this guy is more then a friend, he is a mentor of sorts, and he is testing me because i got too cocky and said i could figure it out on my own (so he as a lesson he won't tell me until i figure it out), now i dont want to admit that i lost, but i do need help

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Do you know the name of the lost civilization he is going to tell you about when you solve this riddle? If so what is the name? Knowing this could help us find the answer....

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Just a thought to throw into the mix here, how about any mountain ranges that are submerged? Those mountain ranges have the ocean floor as their reference point.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a cross has flat edges and flat mountains are plateaus. so looking
an old civilization i found online were the Gilgal refaim. they built a huge monument on top that can only be seen from above. i found a picture but to compare it to a cross i guess you'll realy have to have a great imagination.

clickand paste this en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:New_community_on_the_Golan_.jpg
it's the only pic of the mountains i think come close
best i could do for your riddle.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by mrRviewer]

[edit on 13-4-2008 by mrRviewer]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
sorry the link doesnt work,

and for some reason i doubt they are submerged, but thanks for trying

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
So he is most interested in this lost civilization, why? Also what government agency did his father work for? What exactly is gained by solving this riddle?

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
How silly of me... Of course it is possible to form a cross with just three mountains: the TAU cross (which is actually the original form of the Christian cross itself)!

Then - and this is probably a wild goose chase if there ever was one
- there was a Colombian "gnostic" who called himself Samael Aun Weor. One of his books is called "The Three Mountains". You may want to check it out.

And finally... Here's an idea: why don't you pick one of the many possible "candidates" for the location and tell him you have found it?
(It wouldn't exactly be a lie or a trick.)

At least his feedback may give you some additional information.

(IF there is a genuine piece of information at all, that is.
)

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticaltheologist

The above post sounds exactly like what the answer to a riddle would sound like. The whole point of a riddle is to get an answer that is not seemingly what the question is about.

This fits really well. On another note... Holy Cross Mountain has a cross on it.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
i was gonna wait till i had a few more places, which i have now, thanks and ill get back too you as soon as i can

also i think this particular riddle is more literal then others, in that it actually is a real place, also i dont see how the tau cross applies to mountains

[edit on 14-4-2008 by tankthinker]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   

also i dont see how the tau cross applies to mountains

He did talk about three mountains forming a cross?
Well, three mountains can only form a cross that is T-shaped (the Tau) - but it would only be visible from a point above them, I suppose.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join