It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did...Stephen Colbert just say what I think he just said?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:43 PM
link   
They were discussing secret patches on the show (I'm almost convinced to buy the book myself just to see them all), and Stephen Colbert made a remark similar to this:

It's just like with the masons. We all know the masons are nothing more than a false lead to the real controllers of the world, the Illuminati.

I will look for the exact quote and hopefully find a video of it in the next day or so. Maybe somebody can TiVO it. I just found this statement to be incredible considering how casually it was stated when this is the first time on ANY broadcasted television program that I have ever seen this information said.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SonicInfinity

Colbert often jokes about the Illuminati and their plans to take over the world. He also jokes about bears and similar ambitions. Don't read too much into it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

The guy's a satirsist. he also denounces Gays, Mormons, Jon Stweart.. ect. He actively supports Bush for pete's sake. (As a joke of course)He's a comedian. idon't think this means anything toher than his other stuff.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
Colbert often jokes about the Illuminati and their plans to take over the world. He also jokes about bears and similar ambitions. Don't read too much into it.

It's just the way he said it. I didn't think he was allowed to say it so obviously. I'll try to find a video of it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:45 PM
link   
If you think he supports Bush then you've missed the point of the show as well as a lesson in sarcasm.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scalamander
If you think he supports Bush then you've missed the point of the show as well as a lesson in sarcasm.

I never said that anywhere in my post, and it is not the topic of discussion. Please stop trying to derail the thread.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   

There really is no reason he couldn't say it so "obviously" he is a comedian he can say almost what ever he wants and get away with it, there is nothing more about this other than the satire behind it. Although being a mason myself I think it is rather funny.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
colbert is the most sarcastic person ever, check out this interview
Colbert vs O'Reilly
www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stumpy1
There really is no reason he couldn't say it so "obviously" he is a comedian he can say almost what ever he wants and get away with it, there is nothing more about this other than the satire behind it. Although being a mason myself I think it is rather funny.

You forget that a huge portion of people do not know about/believe in the Illuminati. Plus, what he said is somewhat true.

Originally posted by 23Eulogy23
colbert is the most sarcastic person ever, check out this interview
Colbert vs O'Reilly
www.youtube.com...

You know what's ironic? You posted that to assume that I don't know about this, yet I am the one who posted that video.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Now that is truly cosmic irony.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Billy Meir (spelling?) always seems to lean toward the fact of uncovering conspiracies as well. He does it in a more sarcastic way though.

Of course, his point gets across to some.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   
The whole point of being a satirist is to make serious points behind the guise of comedy. Colbert being one of the best, there's often a lot of truth in what he says. He will also set things up so others make his point for him etc. Often times his sarcasm is more than ambiguous. So read into it what u will, he is a pixel shy of genius.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   
I recorded the colbert reort last nite before going to sleep (as i had to work in the morning) but have yet to watch it. I believe i can help with the video when i get home

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by tylerc25211
I recorded the colbert reort last nite before going to sleep (as i had to work in the morning) but have yet to watch it. I believe i can help with the video when i get home

That would be great. Unfortunately, I still haven't found the video anywhere else myself.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:05 PM
link   
lol I just saw it.

Yeah, he did say it.

I remember when the daily show said the Iraq war was about oil when everyone was saying WMD.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Shawn B.]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Have you ever watched So I married and Axe Murderer? If we're going by your standard, then we should include Col. Sanders in on the conspiracy for putting secret chemicals in the chicken that makes you crave it fortnightly. I think when watching the Daily Show or Steven Colbert, you need to understand that they use satire and comedy, and that you probably shouldn't try to overanalyze their remarks.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Saw it last night. It was pretty dry material and he was a little slow to raise the eyebrow and give the look but it was ....an attempt...at comedy. The rest of the show wasn't that great either. kind of an off night for the writers.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity

Originally posted by Karlhungis

It's just the way he said it. I didn't think he was allowed to say it so obviously. I'll try to find a video of it.

And who's permission would he need to say such a thing so obviously? He can say pretty much whatever he wants.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Did you see some of those patches? One was a "grey" holding onto a black triangle, another was literally the devil in a red cloak with bird talons reaching his hand out to you, and the other one they showed was very bizarre, as it seemed to show a green cloaked figure with a dagger. All of them seem very occult.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I didn't think he was allowed to say it so obviously.

Sure, we're all allowed to say whatever we want about Masons and the Illuminati.

Will they ever step forward and admit to a conspiracy? No. Most of them are clueless to the secrecy of their own organizations to begin with.

Colbert was definitely joking on conspiracy theories - but he will probably attract alot more attention to the real going-ons.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join