It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did...Stephen Colbert just say what I think he just said?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by 911fnord

Have you watched many of the Colbert reports? He says anything he wants to, there is no connection. Next will be the eddie murphy conspiracy because he played a Nutty professor and 8 other characters as well, that must mean he is god.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Comedy kind of takes the gloves off all subjects. This was certainly true of George Carlin. Surely you remember this:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The Axeman

Thanks for the response. But isn't that exactly what was said in this thread? That the Masons are a front for a much darker organisation and that not everyone notices that?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania
That the Masons are a front for a much darker organisation and that not everyone notices that?

Not so much a "front" as a "scapegoat," if you will. The guy who didn't commit the crime, but who still gets blamed for it. The fall guy; the patsy. A "front" implies that Masonry would be complicit, and I do not believe that to be the case.

But then you have people SNIP who fall for the ruse hook, line, and sinker and then make it their personal vendetta to be rude and obnoxious to Masons, as if that helps anything.

And he's certainly not the only one.

They feed into the very thing they're "afraid" of; and then, of course, completely miss the irony.

[edit on 4/9/08 by The Axeman]

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr.x211
i will say that Colbert is a Mason himself....do more research.

Is he now? So, which lodge does he hail from?

I seriously doubt that Colbert is a Mason. Not that I would have a problem if he were -- in fact, that would be pretty cool -- but I just don't think he is.

Can you verify your statement?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
Did you see some of those patches? One was a "grey" holding onto a black triangle, another was literally the devil in a red cloak with bird talons reaching his hand out to you, and the other one they showed was very bizarre, as it seemed to show a green cloaked figure with a dagger. All of them seem very occult.

g-ecx.images-amazon.com...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by RandomThought
You guys want to know the truth about comedy?

It's a way of saying something in a joke, but you mean it in truth so that nobody will get offended or think you are serious.

Comedy is always truth, just worded in a funny way.

So if someone is doing a parody, satire, using sarcasm, etc.... you're saying that they really do believe what they're saying, but they're just trying to say it in a nice way?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

Wow, he must've struck a cord there. You seem to take his general assumption pretty personal.

Is it because you are a member that isn't clueless to the secrecy behind your organisation?
You say he swallowed exactly what "they" want him to. Who is "they" reffering to? To those 15-20 year Masons?

Sounds pretty shady to me.

I think his point was that conspiracy theorists have a lot of hubris in believing that they're more enlightened on subjects than folks who've spent years in professions, organizations, clubs, etc... just because they've read some stories on conspiracy sites and in books. They feel they're immune to persuasion, propaganda, brainwashing, and unimpressionable, unlike everyone else who has different ideas from them, and are obviously weak minded.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRaja
So if someone is doing a parody, satire, using sarcasm, etc.... you're saying that they really do believe what they're saying, but they're just trying to say it in a nice way?

I think in Colbert's case, this is true more often than not. Or, at least, he plays the part of the "nay-sayer" so over-the-top that it's clear that he's making fun of the very people he's "agreeing" with.

Same with Jon Stewart.

Watch his interviews with Ron Paul as an example. Sure, he rags on him, but he does it in such a way that makes fun of the people who actually think the way he's portraying his character -- not Ron Paul.

Honestly it's genius.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RuneSpider
reply to post by SonicInfinity

The guy's a satirsist. he also denounces Gays, Mormons, Jon Stweart.. ect. He actively supports Bush for pete's sake. (As a joke of course)He's a comedian. idon't think this means anything toher than his other stuff.

Agree, anything based off of what this man says is complete rubbish.. Not worth even reading the rest of the post... I honestly don't care for him much any more... He was funny for a while, but is going off the deep end too much and it's not funny or even informative, stupid and a waste of time... Even if he unleashes the truth about something I wouldn't listen to him... Probably just telling me something I already know anyway...

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
But then you have people like NewWorldOver who fall for the ruse hook, line, and sinker and then make it their personal vendetta to be rude and obnoxious to Masons, as if that helps anything.

Seriously, dude. Take it somewhere else.

ATS belongs to conspiracy theorists, not Masons.

If you feel like having a wah-wah session go join a Mason forum. Nobody is interested in your martyr routine.

Mod edit-Please read: Courtesy is Mandatory

[edit on 4/9/2008 by Cuhail]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
ATS belongs to conspiracy theorists, not Masons.

Actually, I think you'll find that ATS belongs to Simon Gray.

Here's a thought: Stick to the friggin' topic.

Funny how you choose to cry (wah-wah session?) about my participation here rather than addressing the points I've made relevant to the topic.

If you want to be a moderator, go find another forum. No one is interested in your judgement on what should be posted and who should be allowed to post it.

Now click the "alert" button and bugger off unless you have something to add to the discussion.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUncleSamEven if he unleashes the truth about something I wouldn't listen to him...

If you won't listen to people who speak truth, why should we listen to you?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Axeman
Now click the "alert" button and bugger off unless you have something to add to the discussion.

Wow, a full page of troll-bait. Well done.

Alert has been sent. Like I said, this isn't a forum for Masons, and you've already been reminded by the mods. Seems you people still don't know your place around here

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'll remind everyone that ATS is there for anyone interested in both the subjects discussed and following the Terms and Conditions of membership.
We also greatly encourage Courtesy between all members and, of course, the ability to Stay on Topic, even when two-way baiting is happening.

C'mon guys. Play nice, huh? Let's get back on topic.

Cuhail

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by RandomThought

Wow no I know that all of those jokes I hear about the priests and the jews and the blacks and blondes are True. WHat an insightful and totally ignorant statement my friend.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shar_Chi
The whole point of being a satirist is to make serious points behind the guise of comedy.

You would look crazy otherwise.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
Did you see some of those patches? One was a "grey" holding onto a black triangle, another was literally the devil in a red cloak with bird talons reaching his hand out to you, and the other one they showed was very bizarre, as it seemed to show a green cloaked figure with a dagger. All of them seem very occult.

That red cloaked devil is actually the wraith from the cover of an Insane Clown Posse album. I've seen that patch before on another site which identified it as being tied in with a project at Groom Lake.

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Colbert seems to know what is going on, and he lets things slip in on purpose. For my teenaged son to hear him say that, after hearing me say it his whole life, was for him a moment of epiphany. Colbert does not say such things casually, he is giving light to things no one else will talk about, and he does it as a joke to cover his own a$$. duh.

posted on May, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Stephen Colbert is hilarious, and he is the kind of comedian/pundit that you really have to listen to in order to get what he's actually saying. I don't think that he necessarily believes in the Illuminati, but he does use them to get his viewers to pay attention. No matter what we call the elites of this country, they are running it into the ground. Colbert sees that and makes a joke of it. Why make a joke of something so serious? Because no one else is even making mention of it! At least Colbert gets some people to pay attention by making fun of those who are destroying our country.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join