It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Condi Rice for VP would be the Democrats worst nightmare, for obvious reasons.

Is Juan McCain smart enough to pick her? That's a tough one to answer.

Condi Rice as Vice-President would give the McCain campaign some gravitas. George W. Bush happened to win 2 Presidential elections (A), so having a high profile member of his administration in the VP role would do wonders for McCain.

(A) I know some mental midget is going to come on here saying Bush stole the 1st election. Someone is going to scream "Florida", and I am going to come back and scream "Tennessee" (The home state of ALGORE which he failed to carry).

I have my doubts about McCain, but if he does go with Rice, he locks up my vote.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
McCain will probably go with Huckabee because it would shore him up with the religious conservatives... Rice is too tainted.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Does it matter who runs and who wins?
Our choices in this election will mean little difference in terms of change.
The Dems and Repubs have always played good cop , bad cop with us.
And will continue to do so.
In my opinion Ron Paul was the only ray of hope for real change.
Long live the revolution!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 09:39 PM
link   
condaleeza rice is one of the most beatiful women in the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This is clearly just a Republican ploy to try and divert the attention of demcratic
strategists away from the McCain - Huckabee ticket that is coming. I have to say given that Condi has no interest in a presidential bit it is a very poor ploy. Huckabee will be brought on board in an attempted to bring the Religious right to the polls .

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RRconservative

It would do more harm than good.

McCain needs to swing the Independent vote, he needs a way to get the "Anti-War crowd" on his side as well as Blacks/Women (depending who gets Democrats.)

Condi won't help the first two groups and in all honesty, she won't help the last.

You can already see the:
"She was picked as VP because she's Black and a woman. She didn't ruin for the main spot because a black woman couldn't win the position in the Republican Party. She's only there because of her colour or her gender."

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by LateApexer313

I am thinking either Rudy Giuliani, Rice or has anyone considered this:

Joe Lieberman??? He's very good friends with McCain.

[edit on 7-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

sheesh, dont people even keep up with the news anymore?

Joe already said that he wont do it.

McCain is considered natural born as he was born on an AMERICAN military base.

Done and Done, move on people.

hopefully it wont be rudy, he aint right, McCain needs someone stronger.

Rice is to close to bush, since McCain wants to distance himself from bush supposedly , but she does have more experience than Obama...good ammo against obama though

had heard of him thinking about a Dem either way, Richardson (pro gun, etc) was mentioned but he had the bright idea of endorsing Obama.

Reality is that McCain wont chose a VP until the Dems figure out who's running.

-bb

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I think we need to be working on backyard rockets and homemade EVA suits and habitats... Things just don't look good to me at this point concerning our prospective candidates....

Bleh.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I fail to see how Rice would be a good choice other than keeping the 20% or so that still support Bush interested in the upcoming election.

Those that are interested in having a woman or a minority as president are not going to be suddenly running to the Republican party with Rice as VP. Having a minority/woman serving a white male really does not create excitement among those voters.

Also, I really think much of the excitement over Democrats this year is due to people wanting change. Keeping any part of the Bush administration sends the wrong message to these voters.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
There is NO way that we as Republicans could get that lucky............Is there??? I mean it is one thing to let the dems destroy each other for 5 more months, but then THIS!
All I can say is I hope so, and I am GLAD I am not a dem!

Honestly I think she is too smart to want to be VP. I think Huck will get the nod, and the Christian right will be ready to roll. Many in this country want change, that is true. But most of those that do are too young to understand that the Rothschild family have already made the decision on who our next POTUS is.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by TXMACHINEGUNDLR]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I would love to see her on the ticket with mccain.

She far better represents the normal African American community compared to Obama. To top it off shes a woman!

Its like rolling Obama and Hillary into one (with a splash of common sense of course).

[edit on 4/9/2008 by AndrewTB]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AndrewTB

Common sense? HA!!! She has been the most ineffectual Sec. of State we've had in my voting life not to mention she was one of the key hawkers (aka liars) of this godforsaken war.

She's tainted goods.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Mitt Romney will be the VP.

Powerful in the conservative wing, understands the economy well and was a high profile candidate. Mike Huckabee is too religious and McCain would be damaged by him. Rudy Giuliani blow any chance of becoming President and getting the VP slot when he decided he didn't need to campaign in majority of the early primaries

However, Condoleezza Rice would be a good call if the Democratic ticket is Obama-Clinton or Clinton-Obama. Both candidates have not ruled out the possibilty.

Any other leading female republicans that could fill the VP slot?

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

It kills me to read erudite commentary on US politics from someone outside the United States. Then I ask my coworkers on the subject and they come up with some gem like 'Obama is so cute!' or "McCaine will protect us from Al-Qaida."

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I've come up with a decent female VP for McCain.

What about Susan Collins?, US Senator from Maine. Her voting record is moderate and she is on the left of most republicans.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Oh Lord that wouldn't be good to have MS RICE as Vice President. She missed her true calling this lifetime in used car sales.

[edit on 25-4-2008 by Skydancer]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join