It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

blogs.abcnews.com

ABC News' Mary Bruce Reports: Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice is actively courting the vice presidential nomination, Republican strategist Dan Senor said.

“Condi Rice has been actively, actually in recent weeks, campaigning for this,” Senor said this morning on “This Week with George Stephanopoulos.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well this is interesting. I think she would make a good choice for McCain's running mate, though I still anticipate that Rudy Giuliani may end up as his running mate.

Here's another story from Reuters:
Condi Rice for VP talk persists despite denials
www.alertnet.org...

blogs.abcnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 7/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Really? I think its an awful choice. Anything that visually ties McCain to the current Administration is a mistake.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by LwSiX

Who would you recommend? I still think Rudy is going to get the nod, but he's not my ideal choice. I would hope for someone like Colin Powell but he probably wouln't do it. Which makes him an even better person for it.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Pretty much all of our "choices" look like trainwrecks waiting to happen IMO. McInsane and Condi would be the perfect war-mongering team to carry on the legacy of destruction that Dumbya has instituted.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This should help offset the "Black" and "Woman" vote that the Dems currently have largely sewn up. Sounds like a good move for the Pacyderms. Personally I don't care though. My candidate was cast aside many moons ago.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Condi is a smart cookie, could do worse. Here's a thought though. There's no term limit on VP's right? Maybe Cheney will go again. If it's all fixed, as I believe it is, then he gets at least another 4 years of running the world.

I never used to be paranoid until ATS. Thanks a lot guys.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I pretty much loathe Condi Rice. She played her cards right however. Mostly anyway, except for that stumble about planes used as missles bullsnot. Does she really have an oil tanker named after her?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Yikes...That is a horrific thought Intrepid. Darth Insaney..Another 4-8 years at the helm of destruction...God help us all...

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
She'd be a very good choice, I think. She's obviously intelligent, now has a ton of experience on the international stage, and provides a good counter to the Hillary and Obama show we're seeing right now. She also provides the Republicans with a logical candidate going into the 2012 or 2016 election, should McCain win this November.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Putting Rice on the ticket certainly would throw all the demographic predictions for a loop. We already see all sorts of people jumping back and forth across party lines this time around. I've seen people who have never voted Democrat say they will this year for the first time, and vise-versa.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

I have heard the same. I have heard many of Clinton's supporters would vote for McCain IF Obama got the Democratic nomination and IF Rice was McCain's VP choice.

[edit on 7/4/08 by MikeboydUS]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Ha!

Nobody wants part of the Bush Cabal if we have the chance to do it this time!!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

Chevron's "Condoleezza Rice"

Condoleezza Rice was a Chevron Director from 1991 until January 15, 2001 when she was transferred by President George Bush Jr. to National Security Adviser. Previously she was Senior Director, Soviet Affairs, National Security Council, and Special Assistant to President George Bush Sr. from 1989 to 1991.

Nothing like keeping the oil in the White House, eh?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Oh dear God... that woman is the #2 position!!! That would scare the crap out of me... she's too close as it is.... she has a dark dark soul.

McCain will chose Huckabee to shore up his conservative credentials.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Condi is a smart cookie, could do worse. Here's a thought though. There's no term limit on VP's right? Maybe Cheney will go again. If it's all fixed, as I believe it is, then he gets at least another 4 years of running the world.

I never used to be paranoid until ATS. Thanks a lot guys.

Don't go giving them any ideas man!
I certainly hope he doesn't, or Rice for that matter. Get em out! At least the new pile will be a fresh one.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I can't imagine a better way to send me i nto spiraling depression than to imagine the Bush-puppet's continuing presence in the inner circle of power. *sigh*

Of all those mentioned herein thus far - I would have preferred just about anyone else.

Gotta go, my soul hurts.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MikeboydUS

I'd say its a lose-lose situation for America (and the world) no matter who McCain/Clinton/Obama chose for their runningmates. All I see is the planet going to hell in a handbasket unless Ron Paul/Dennis Kucinich manage to win/rig the election and save us all.

God would that be beautiful.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxmars
Of all those mentioned herein thus far - I would have preferred just about anyone else.

I'm unclear on a few things. One, can the candidate just up and choose his running mate? Two, is there anything that prohibits a person not born in the States from carrying the VP position? If one is "yes" and two is "no", you can see where I'm going with this?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

If McCain can run for President even though he wasn't born in the US, then I'd say the point is moot for a Vice President at this juncture.

I'm pretty sure the candidate can choose just about anyone they want to.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join