It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Condoleezza Rice Is Pursuing the VP Spot

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
I'm pretty sure the candidate can choose just about anyone they want to.

Here's a thought then, he's a helluva salesman:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hmmm I was wondering if Condoleeza was going to be in the running...

I bet they are seriously considering her to offset the "black" "woman" vote as others posting had mentioned.

Mitt Romney is begging for it too actually. I don't think the McCain people with pick him or Huckabee though.

I am thinking either Rudy Giuliani, Rice or has anyone considered this:

Joe Lieberman??? He's very good friends with McCain.

McCain-Leiberman: It's a Lock March 30, 2008

I heard Sen. Joe Lieberman on ABC's "This Week" this morning going mano-a-mano with George Stephanapoulos. Lieberman sang a stirring love aria to Senator McCain, hitting high notes such as his appeal to moderate Democrats and independents (I'm both, so I listened with both ears).

www.keshertalk.com...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by LateApexer313]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

How about

" KROG
(ATS member insert name)

for President 2008

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by Maxmars
Of all those mentioned herein thus far - I would have preferred just about anyone else.

I'm unclear on a few things. One, can the candidate just up and choose his running mate? Two, is there anything that prohibits a person not born in the States from carrying the VP position? If one is "yes" and two is "no", you can see where I'm going with this?

1) Yes. McCain is free to select anyone he wants as VP.
2) Yes (I think). I would assume that the qualifications are the same as those for President. You can, in some common circumstances, be born outside the US and legally be considered a natural-born US citizen, however.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Just what we need, another person who's willing to lie to Americans while under oath.

I guess since she passed that litmus test she'd be perfect for the job.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by redmage

Another? They ALL do it. Professional politicians are about the furthest thing from being trustworthy as it gets, regardless of their political affiliation.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by stikkinikki
I pretty much loathe Condi Rice. She played her cards right however. Mostly anyway, except for that stumble about planes used as missles bullsnot. Does she really have an oil tanker named after her?
She did, then when that fact hit the news Chevron took it off. Then about 6 months later they put it back on. She made them millions of dollars and that was one of Chevron's ways of showing their appreciation.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78
Professional politicians are about the furthest thing from being trustworthy as it gets, regardless of their political affiliation.

I would tend to agree.

Another? They ALL do it.

Not so. Bush & Cheney have never lied while under oath.

Why?

Because they've always refused to testify under oath (regardless of the subject/reason for their testimony).

[edit on 4/7/08 by redmage]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
It's a bold move. One that would help destroy any advantage the dems would get from running a woman and/or a black for president.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
reply to post by intrepid

If McCain can run for President even though he wasn't born in the US,

Actually, he was born on a US military base in the Canal Zone, Panama. That being so, he was born in the US, since our military bases are considered US "soil" as long as we have say in the laws which apply there. The concerns seem more the lack of precedence over the Legal definition of "natural-born citizen".

Condi for VP? eeesh... She's probably a step up from the likes of Giuliani and certainly has more VP-like experience, but never-the-less a kin of the same clan if you ask me.

Thinking about it further, she's the perfect stick to throw into the Dems cogs. Black and Female, sure to draw crossover voters regardless of whether Barack or Hillary get the ticket nomination.

I'd even go as far as to say it would make for a near certain victory, and perhaps it may have been the "plan" all along. Split the PACKiderms and unite the voting populace behind a striped burro. Oddly enough, both are beasts of burden which haven't been carrying their weight in recent times.

McCain/Rice in '08? ...not as out there as some may think, in my opinion.

The coming months should make for interesting observations in both pastures, from my view here on the fence.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I very seldom vote for anyone on their political stance as it doesn't really matter all that much anyway; My vote always goes to who is the most physically attractive.

Condi and McCain....Dream ticket!!!!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Dr. Rice is an exceptionally intelligent woman and VERY qualified to be Vice President. Heck .. she's even better qualified to be president then Obama is.

However, she has said that she has no interest in the position.

Also - I think that, even though she is highly qualified, it would be a mistake due to the fact that she has ties to the Bush administration and people would then associate this new team - McCain/Rice - with Bush.

That would be bad.

She doesn't want the job. No there won't be a McCain/ Rice ticket.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Other than being a mouthpiece/smokescreen for Bush & company's push for world atrocites... What real political skills does Condi really have?

My opinion - None!

She's a panzee and prime culprit of deceptive, manipulation for all that's gone wrong over the last 8 years.

Most African Americans distrust her and even hate her. Saying shes --"white washed & out of touch with everything we stand for... she's just a modern day, reinvented 'Steppin Fetchit' or 'White...House Negro."

Furthermore, they say at her age, most politicians have a mate... a wife or husband or something! Where is her man?? Who is her man?? Have we ever seen her with a man other than Bush??

Hummm somethin ain't right.

There is no way America will accept her as a Vice prez, with all those question marks surrounding her personal life --- The womans got to be dreaming!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Level X

Most African Americans distrust her and even hate her. Saying shes --"white washed & out of touch with everything we stand for... she's just a modern day, reinvented 'Steppin Fetchit' or 'White...House Negro."

Do you have a legitimate source for this, or is it - as I strongly suspect - just your personal opinion?

Do you also feel this way about all Republican blacks - or just this one?

Furthermore, they say at her age, most politicians have a mate... a wife or husband or something! Where is her man?? Who is her man?? Have we ever seen her with a man other than Bush??

Hummm somethin ain't right.

Right. Rice must be a great potential VP candidate if that's the best negative you can come up with.

Being in a relationship like the Clintons have somehow is more of a qualifier than being single?

That's just nuts.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Of all those mentioned herein thus far - I would have preferred just about anyone else.

I'm unclear on a few things. One, can the candidate just up and choose his running mate? Two, is there anything that prohibits a person not born in the States from carrying the VP position? If one is "yes" and two is "no", you can see where I'm going with this?

Frighteningly so. Seems like just another way to muddy the waters of "the people's choice." Originally it appeared that the presidential candidate was the 'decider' (to coin a phrase) now it's more like an exercise in game theory.

There is little that can't be made to happen if you carry enough weight with the supreme justices anyway, ugh! This is getting grim!

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by redmage

Professional politicians are about the furthest thing from being trustworthy as it gets, regardless of their political affiliation.

I would tend to agree.

Another? They ALL do it.

Not so. Bush & Cheney have never lied while under oath.

Why?

Because they've always refused to testify under oath (regardless of the subject/reason for their testimony).

I really tried not to get sarcastic, but this was such a lead-in..., what could I do?

"Not so. Bush & Cheney have never lied while under oath.

Why?

Because they've always refused to testify under oath (regardless of the subject/reason for their testimony)."

I object! I'm still not ready to grant that Cheney and Bush are two separate people!

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Maxmars]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LateApexer313

I see I'm not the only one thinking McCain may pick Lieberman. I think the strategy would be to court the independent vote, even though he isn't a true independent.

If he did pick Condi, I would say that would hurt him more than help. Seriously, what has she done over the last seven years? Nothing that I can recall. I lost all respect for her when she testified in front of the 9/11 Commission. Seeing as how I will not be voting for a republican anyway, it doesn't matter to me.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Seeing as how Condi's staying Redudlican, she hasn't much of a chance. Now if she ran with Obama or Hillary they could have threesomes in the Lincoln bedroom to pass the time while Congress held up the changes that need to be made.

Hillary, Bill, Condi. Condi, Barack, his wife. Nice sandwiches don't you think?

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Condi is a smart cookie, could do worse. Here's a thought though. There's no term limit on VP's right? Maybe Cheney will go again. If it's all fixed, as I believe it is, then he gets at least another 4 years of running the world.

I never used to be paranoid until ATS. Thanks a lot guys.

Correct me if i'm wrong, but if Cheney gets the VP position and Obama/Clinton is assassinated, wouldn't that mean Cheney would be on the short list for temporary president of the united states or something like that?

You could apply this mentality to Condi, if you liked.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   

I object! I'm still not ready to grant that Cheney and Bush are two separate people!

While I fully understand that they are two separate people, your sarcastic "objection" would certainly seem to ring true at times (for some).

They've only been willing to testify under three conditions.

1) That they do it together, not separately.
2) Behind closed doors / off the record.
3) Without being sworn in.

Unfortunately, the lesson learned from Clinton's experience was not "Do not to lie to the American people"; but instead, "Do not, under any circumstances, testify under oath".

Originally posted by centurion1211
Being in a relationship like the Clintons have somehow is more of a qualifier than being single?

Not to the right wing base. Republicans have worked very hard to make "family values" appear to be an exclusively Republican set of beliefs/ideals. Both Clinton and Rice lose credibility when it comes to seeking votes from the the right wing base on these issues, and I wouldn't expect either to score well with them.

People don't want to hear about family values from someone with an adulterous relationship; nor do they want to hear about such from someone with no family to speak of.

The few black and/or women votes that she may steal from the left are probably not worth alienating the right wing base for.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join