It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
The biggest truth I've learned is that greed and corruption rule this whole planet.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lovely Topic :

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?Lovely Topic :

Well, to be honest....when you are faced head-on with the reality of Life itself and when you take leave of it for a moment to ponder, especially at a location where you are completely surrounded by the forces of nature, you have absolutely no option but to surrender to a Higher Power, that controls everything and then you acknowledge that the mountain of knowledge you possess, is really nothing

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
If you refuse to embrace Truth as a friend, it will come as a conquerer.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
~ Truth is not something you can write down to read tomorrow.

~Balance is key

~Love is the most important thing

~Laughter knows no language

~Humans are a cancer to the Earth

~People are capable of kindness beyond angels. We can also can commit sins that would put demons to shame.

~Some people see the differences in people, some see the similarities. One is always more present than the other.

~Blood is not thinker than water.

~Ignorance is truly bliss

~Happiness does not come from human contact alone.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Things that I have learned in life are:

- It is true that blood is not thicker than water. They will always pick their friends over their own family members.

- Good guys do finish last

- People will always sell you out, stab you in the back, if they can get that one step higher on the rung of that social ladder or higher in that social group.

- Success is based on who you know and how beautiful you are and less on education

-

[edit on 8-4-2008 by TamtammyMacx]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Some of the biggest truths I found in life is that there's never an easy answer. It's true when they say the answer is inside of yourself. And most things on the internet, you can't trust.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by malakiem]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I think the greatest truth is that no matter how many people you know or how much family you have your always by yourself at the end of the day.. Kool thread

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

Everything Needs Balance

Ha! Another Taoist!

If you didn't already know you were one, go here and see what you think.

Or better still, go right to the source and see what you think.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Fearless

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
There is no reason to be afraid. Ever.

Well said.

I would add, furthermore and from my own experience, that when you give up fear, life opens up to you like a flower, or a lover's arms.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:42 AM
link   
The biggest truth I have learned in life is in regards to enlightenment. Since I began studying the occult and eastern philosophy, I have long pondered how one "attains" enlightenment. It was not until fairly recently that I have come to the realization that enlightenment can not be attained. One cannot attain spiritual perfection because you cannot attain that which you already have. The biggest truth I have come to know is that we are all perfect in every way. It is our ego and our insecurities that lead us to believe that we must achieve some special mastery over our material selves. To paraphrase Michael Tsarion, the universe is not going to shout its mysteries to you when you are desperate for answers. You must quiet yourself and turn down the volume on your own internal conflicts and mental chatter, and you will find that the universe has been whispering divine truth to you all along.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DivineRight

~Balance is key

~People are capable of kindness beyond angels. We can also can commit sins that would put demons to shame.

~Some people see the differences in people, some see the similarities. One is always more present than the other.

Humans are a cancer to the earth? I would have to disagree with you there. True, at this point in time, it certainly seems that way. However, it was the Divine Mother Earth that gave rise to our being. We are an integral part of her ecosystem, and a harvester of experience and spiritual energy.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I posted something earlier, but this is a really good one too...

Anything you say about someone else, you say about yourself.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Something that Billy Connolly once said made a lot of sense. “There is no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothing.” The minute you stop blaming others for your shortfalls and start looking at yourself you are on the road to a better life.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I found a rabbit hole a hidden truth. This is proof to me something sinister rocks the foundation of our existence. i've come to realize things are not as they appear. my once happy little existence was but a fleeting moment and a cherished one. i've come to know deception is common place on all levels. I'm getting "my house" in order.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

i am 61 years old now------as a child 4/5 years old i lay in my bed wondering why i was alive.at age 5/6 i was taken to school for the first time and i decided that i had done nothing wrong worthy of being thrown into prison with these nuts.
so i didn't go to school for the rest of the week until the school rat'd on me and i was drug back and beaten with a bamboo cane to the point that i still have the scars on my back.
at that juncture i was determined to work to destroy this world and its institutions--so i vandalized everything in my path till i was 14 and got caught for the first time.
for some strange reason the teachers thought i was mentaly retarded because they couldn't teach me anything that i could remember to recite------imagine that?
at age 20 i had enough and decided to execute myself because i could see no point in putting up with the krap this world wants to dump on you.
why keep on stuffing food in your face to stay alive when you will expire anyway when you wear out and die from old age-------i figured to speed up the process and blow my brains out to end any possible suffering involved with old age killing me.
i found that i was gutless , i tried to pull the trigger over and over but was afraid of what was beyond death.
at the same time i was trying to kill myself i started to hear this guy on the radio, back in the 60's talking about G-D and the reason why G-D had created us-----so that we could live forever and become members of the G-D family and that there would be no more suffering or pain that would have to be endured as being a family member------obviously i agreed and started at that point to seek after G-D ----got a bible, started reading it and haven't looked back------i am not a member of any religious organization because i can find none that totally obeys G-D's word in the bible but i am very greatfull for that guy on the radio that told me the truth-----he's dead now----i miss him---garner ted armstrong.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by djcloudy

Originally posted by DivineRight

~Balance is key

Humans are a cancer to the earth? I would have to disagree with you there. True, at this point in time, it certainly seems that way. However, it was the Divine Mother Earth that gave rise to our being. We are an integral part of her ecosystem, and a harvester of experience and spiritual energy.

You are right. Mother earth did spawn us, but with help from other sources.

When i say humans are a cancer of this planet i mean it has become obvious
in the last number of generations. Anyone can see this. Most people
"live off the Earth" rather than "live with the Earth". Take any airplane ride and you can very easily see this as you come upon any city/village/town etc. It is the "human condition".

I am not overly upset about this tho. We are in the calm before the storm.
I can not see past the storm but i feel it will be for the better of Mother Earth.

[edit on 9-4-2008 by DivineRight]

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

at the same time i was trying to kill myself i started to hear this guy on the radio, back in the 60's talking about G-D and the reason why G-D had created us-----so that we could live forever and become members of the G-D family

Do you really want to live for ever?

I promise you will regret that choice in enuff time.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
-To believe NONE of what you HEAR, and only HALF of what you SEE.

The above I was told, still dunno if I totally believe thats a good way to live your life, it's definitely a paranoid way, hehe.

But what I've found out in my short 30 somewhat years here on earth is that freinds come and go, but true feamily, especially loveing parents, will ALWAYS be there for you. -Well that has been my experience.

I'm sure other people have had different experiences. Like I have a brother and a sister I don't speak to at all, but I have one sister and my parents who I know would be there forever.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 02:26 AM
link   
That most aliens in contact with humans on earth are malevolent.

Why you may ask?
Because they do this to us.
PHOTO
Warning Graphic Photo:

Colleen Johnston

Malevolent Alien Abduction Research
MAAR www.maar.us...

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
1.) Friends are fair weather but family is forever

2.) If given ample opportunity, people will usually find a way to let you down in the end

3.) Life is a game that we were never meant to understand or master

4.) Dogs allow us to believe that we in fact take care of them, when in reality it is the other way around.

5.) You reap what you sew

[edit on 4/10/08 by BlackOps719]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join