It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I think we are just reflections in an ocean of mirrors, question is reflections of who?

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Back in 1971 I experienced the feeling of Bliss. Not an idea, but a feeling. It was greater than '___'. Or sex. Or winning the lottery. It was like every cell in my body was having an orgasm. Truely it IS "The pearl of great price." It is worth all the money in the worl, workin gall your life for. aND IT KEEPS ON GETTING BETTER.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Never have high expectations of others, or you'll surely be let down.

Truth is relative.

Good and Evil are nothing more than polarities of experience. And, as such, each is relative as well.

There are born masters and born slaves. The choice to choose Freedom is called mastery. The choice to allow others to control you is called slavery.

Don't interfere in other people's choices.

Just because something is true to you, and maybe it's true to everyone as well, but for some people, it may not be the right time yet.

Everything is as it should be. in the world. The world is perfect. Each side in the conflict has it's innate challenges, and challenges are all we fight each other for. Experience of working to blend our polarities into cohesion.
Which side do you want to be on?

Everything happens for a reason, even if it isn't apparent at the time.

The internet is out of control.

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 10:46 AM
link   
for me, it´s that evil people DO exist. and sometimes in places you would never expect

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
About 16 years ago I had an experience in which all of my thoughts about who I was fell away. All that was left of who I was was a blissfull awareness of objects within my field of awareness. I went in and out of that for about 6 months. THen it went away never to return. I knew that in truth that is what we all are. Just beings of awareness stuck inside these bodies that we think is who we are. THe truth is that we are that blissfully aware spirit that is awareness itself. I've seen it. It was awesome and perfectly normal at the same time.

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 06:52 AM
link   
My truths are:
The older I get the less I know (39)
Humans can justify anything they do

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
1. The older I get the more I realize the less I know.
2. Youth is wasted on the young.
3. There are no where near as many conspiracies as we think there are.
4. For most people it's easier to judge others then themselves.
5. You rarely learn anything new while talking-Listen more.
6. Work to live, don't live to work.

Friedrich Nietzsche
7. Convictions are more dangerous foes of truth then lies.
8. He who fights with monsters might take care lest he become one.
9. If you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.

and the most important:
10. "Those who would relinquish liberty to gain security, deserve neither and will soon lose both."

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If someone asked you after your many years of research, what is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

So what is it, and try to explain a little.

That there is no Santa Clause

Seriously though? I cant believe how stupid I was in my later teens to upper 20's lol.
I am now finding out things that older people told me, stuff that I thought was BS is mostly true.
Like someone already said, I wish I had known these things back then, life would've gone so much smoother

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
"Love is Life's True Beauty"

"Happiness is not the destination.....its the Journey"

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Well, I've been rich, and I've been poor.

Rich is better!!!

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Recently, I have learned....that NOTHING in life can be predicted.
When you think everything is going normal....something or someone comes into your life and turns it all upside down.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

That God is real.

The Bible is true. I am a sinner.

Jesus Christ came to redeem mankind.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
That you can't make someone love you. All you can do is be someone that can be loved and the rest is up to them.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
1.People keep house like they keep the inside of their cars.
2.Chew with your mouth closed manners are everything.
3.Keep your mouth closed everyone will just THINK your stupid....open it and they will know.
4.If money is the topic of conversation make sure you are the smartest in the room.

posted on May, 15 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Here's another I learned recently...........

87.65% of all statistics are wrong.

And that 90% of my problems were never any of my business in the first place.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Here we go.. Please take about 5-9 mins to watch this video..
This clearly goes over much of what I have learned in my many years of reading and research..
Yet I give credit where credit is due.. IF not for Jordan Maxwell I would not have know much of this..
And No Jordan doesnt claim 100% truth.. Take what you need, and leave the rest..!

Never trust a man who has found the truth.. But you can trust a man who is still searching for the truth...

No man escapes when freedom fails;
The best men rot in filthy jails.
And those that cried "Appease! Appease"!
Are hanged by those they tried to please.
Not sure who said that quote, but would be happy to know who was the one who said that for sure..

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I agree with you on that, jordan hits some notes with me also. Shame he does not want to speak any more.

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

I don't know about others, but the most important truth so far I've learned is that I don't know 5h1t. Since Cartesian truth 'cogito, ergo sum' has become somewhat dubious (yes, think about matrix and other thoughts that suggest that we are not in control by ourselves), I think the only truth I can be sure of is the good old truth teached by Socrates: "I know that I know nothing.".

So, I try to maintain open view on matters that happen to me and try not to make up too many assumptions. It keeps me

-v

PS. Actually I am not even sure about that! But I also like to think that we are all manifestation of the same force, after all.

[edit: added PS]

[edit on 16-5-2008 by v01i0]

posted on May, 16 2008 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Biggest truths...

Modern day societal structure is flawed (Unfortunately)
Evil prevails when good men do nothing (so true)

Einstein forgot to mention another quantity that is infinite :Human greed (This is a consequence of our societal structure).

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Since I have begun to question the whole system, government
and religion, the only truth I have learned that I can prove with concrete evidence is that the income tax does not apply to most people.

But I've only started my research into the system a few months ago.
I know I have many more years, but I hope to find the truth about
life, its origin and purpose.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join