It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
If someone asked you after your many years of research, what is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

So what is it, and try to explain a little.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
The biggest truth I've found in life, after living almost 50 years, is that youth is wasted on the young. When you're older, you have all the wisdom you should have had when you had the youth the use it to benefit you at the appropriate times.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
what is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

I found that nobody can know the WHOLE truth, as one would have to exist outside of truth to see it from the outside.
Hence; I can only know part of the whole truth, which is changing every day.

"MY" truth? I would say that all answers lie within you, not outside.

What seems to be an 'external' answer, could be your unconscious mind answering your question, but your conscious mind puts some logic and reason to it, so the answer HAD to have come from an external place.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Two good answers so far, we will see what others say. thx

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Honestly? This might sound stupid but the biggest truths i have personally found are that the older you get, the worse the hangovers are and the harder it is to lose weight

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
The biggest truth I've found in life, after living almost 50 years, is that youth is wasted on the young. When you're older, you have all the wisdom you should have had when you had the youth the use it to benefit you at the appropriate times.
well,after my 30 years of reseacrh,I found that retirement is wasted on the old. I think we're going in the same direction

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by expatwhite
Honestly? This might sound stupid but the biggest truths i have personally found are that the older you get, the worse the hangovers are and the harder it is to lose weight

There nothing wrong with saying that. We all have found our own truths, and if thats what you found, thats ok.

I would like to see all our answers, no matter if people think they are trivial or something.

Thx for answering.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033

Originally posted by expatwhite

There nothing wrong with saying that. We all have found our own truths, and if thats what you found, thats ok.

I would like to see all our answers, no matter if people think they are trivial or something.

Thx for answering.

my pleasure

Ive actually just thought of another one, something my dad always said to me which i slowly understood over time..he always said

"when you have money you have a choice-when you have no money you have no choices"

Good thread

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by expatwhite

Yep, true one that.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
I've found the biggest truth to be me and only me. You cannot rely on outer sources in life to tell you how or why to live. Nobody else can tell you what's real without your approval. You know for sure only one thing. That you are here now existing.

Am I selfish? No not at all because when I say the only truth is me, I mean, it's everywhere my consciousness can possibly experience. The truth is in everything, and everything is in you.

I can't say there is one truth that's more important than the other, because truth always leads to more truth. Lies uncover truths. Death and violence brings forth the human spirit and causes people to try to triumph over adversity, so I think even in lies and cruelty and violence, the truth can be found.

Bwecause the truth is not always what we want to hear. Most of the time, it's not. We can't handle truth very well as a species in this day and age. I don't know why. It's not like people are truly happy this way, living basically in limbo betwween a world that could be a paradise or it could turn into an apocalyptic Hell.

When it comes to truth. I hope you find your OWN truths... not some of the garbage that floats around here being treated like gosphel, not some faceless mass entity called a government, who's main purpose is lies and deception in order to keep CONTROL.

I read somewhere that government in Latin, actually translates to english as "Control of the mind". Makes sense. No truths found there.

No truths found on your TV or in your church or sold to you by the corporations that own you and the rest of the world.

Well, like I say, there's truth in everything. How do you want your truth?

Do you want it so it can be easily fed to you in soundbytes, or do you wanna wake up in it's sometimes cold dark dugeon and try to find your own way out?

The truth is not always what you should be after. There are layers, just like most things, of truth, and us humans can really only keep our sanity by staying below the first couple of layers of rather superficial truth.

Esoteric things.... I sometimes believe that those are not our truths, that we shouldn't be messing with reality like that because we don't know the overall cause and effect of what happens when we manipulate reality.

Political truths.... come on. There are no truths in politics. The truth about politics is that it's all a farce.

Spiritual truths.... that one you'll have to figure out on your own.

I really think when it all comes down to it,, truth is yours and yours alone. It's whatever you think the truth is. At this moment, that is your truth. Whatever you believe in concretely is your truth. Your truth can and wil evolve, and leave the old truths behind.

Many old shamans and wise men say that the only truth is change. If truth is always changing, then truth is temporary, and therefore an illusion created by our own minds to try to capture and hold things in their place, because we as humans don't like change. We try to create "truths" in order to be able to stop and take a breath and know that everything will be in the same place when we wake up tomorrow.

Maybe it will, and maybe it won't... but we're always hoping the good things last forever. They don't. Eventually, you gotta let go of one truth and move onto the next.

You also have to decide which kind of truth you want. Do you want truth that makes you happy, truth that makes you sad, truth that motivates you to action, or truth that frightens you into submission?

For most people, they want truth that makes them at ease.

It's hard to find a truth like that which will last your entire life, but I hope we all find that kind of truth someday.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
youth is wasted on the young.

I agree with that. 100%

Important things I've learned -

- Youth is wasted on the young.
- NOTHING is as it appears.
- The bible contradicts itself over and over.
- ALL humans do stupid things - me included.
- ALL humans say stupid things - me included.
- Biology has a lot to do with our personalities - and it's hard to escape.

EVERYONE in my life has caused me pain and has disappointed me.
EVERYONE - my friends, my family, my co-workers, ... my God.
EVERYONE - except my 12 year old daughter. (so far)

Count on no one. I guess that's the biggest thing I have learned.

Yeah .. I know ...
and
depressing. But that's what I have learned.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I have found that no matter how old i get (31 at moment) i always feel young at heart as if ive never changed.

Regardless of if i was 10, 15, 25, 30 i cannot remember a time where i sat there and realised i was now OLDER or DIFFERENT. I still inside feel the same as i have done all my life. Yes i have learned things, experienced things etc but it always seems the same person. I look back to my teens and think of myself with the mentality i have now and i question if i have changed or has this aged old soul just been tagging along within this body living out a life.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Whats interesting about this, is that the difference people have in what they think is there biggest truth. I believe difference between us is good, like the tower of babel story in the bible is all about.

I forgot to put down one of my truths i found.

exodus 20:3-5
"3 Do not have any other gods before me.
4 You shall not make for yourself an idol, whether in the form of anything that is in heaven above, or that is on the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.
5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I the Lord your God am a jealous God, punishing children for the iniquity of parents, to the third and the fourth generation of those who reject me,"

I believe so much in this. I do not have heros anymore, and this is one of the reasons why. Also for personal reasons, heros that we give energy to, should not be worshipped as gods, they do not deserve it. People we think of as heros are just like everyone else, two faced and just there for themselves.

[edit on 4/7/2008 by andy1033]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Some excellant replies...some I hadn't thought of !!lol

My missus Karen..." Nothing as it seems""

Me..make this life .."remarkable...you only get one chance to make it worth the point you exist...but always strive to be a decent human being"

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I think No. 1, in www.abovetopsecret.com...'.

Our common enemy are the greed money-issuing class folks, and only about 50,000 of them are orchestrating all the war, misery and suffering, social engineering and mind control in the world.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I've learned a few things. Two of them being...

A. Honest really is the best policy
B. Talking behind people's backs really gets you nowhere.

Tela

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
A very personal truth for me is that no matter how many times I eat too much cheese and get queasy, i always end up being hungry sometime ion the near future and I think "Oh well I got all this cheese. I'll just feast on it until i puke!"

Cheesy always wins.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Consciousness is all there is. Life is but a dream. Enjoy life and don't limit yourself. Life is what you expect.

expanded upon here

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
focus on the problem and you will never find the solution. and will find your self stuck in one place

focus on the solution and the only place to move from there is forward.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
im only 23 years old but my truth so far is " LIFE ITS EASIER WHEN YOU DON'T WORK FOR MONEY, INSTEAD MONEY WORKS FOR YOU" if you don't get this message ... you'll end up ...waking up going to work, get home make dinner sleep and the next day do the same. looping for 20 + years

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join