It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
After reviewing what memories I have lost throughout my life that I cannot trust as having actually occurred in this reality, it does seem to me that there are others watching and manipulating our lives in many ways. Call it paranoia if you don't accept the possibility. Aliens, angels, fallen angels or fallen aliens, someone is fighting for control over this planet. I have serious doubts they are all human. So, the greatest truth so far is that We are not alone

[edit on 8-4-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
My truths.

1. Attraction is not a choice. You can't make someone like you.

2. If you think you can do something or not. you are correct.

3. There are alot of stupid people with money out there. Being smart is usually a hindrance rather than an asset when it comes to having money.

4. The louder and harder some claims to be a good person. the more skeletons in their closet they have.

5. There is no spoon. Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself. (refer back to #1)

6. The longer I live the longer I realize that many religious leaders have no clue to the true nature of god.

7. The meaning of life. It's your job on this planet to grow up and become the best person you can be. So that you can find someone and have children with that person. Then it becomes your job to help your children grow up and help them be the best people they can be. So that they too can marry someone and have children. Then it's their job to teach their kids to be the best people that they can be. Then you die.

8. If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

9. Free energy isn't.

10. Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
oops double post.
someone delete this one.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by grey580]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
You say that the truth can never be known and that nobody can ever know the truth, and after everything that you are finished saying I must ask you... is that truth? If you know only part of the whole truth, which is changing everyday, then don't you really know exactly what the truth is to be making that statement?

That is a very interesting way of putting it. You certainly have made me think

Perhaps I know how truth works, rather than knowing what it actually is.

If we are all of a whole, and myself, being one part of it, can have an idea of what truth is in my part of the whole. No matter what I can't rise above the part and look at the whole. So in my slice of life, even if I 'know' what truth is, I still don't know the whole of it.

Is what I know truth? Yes, IF it's applied to my part only.

Is what I know truth? No, IF it's applied to the whole.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by quintar]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
1.) UFO's are a physical reality.
(Although if they are Man or Alien made is still up for debate for me...leaning toward alien though.)

2.) Lots of People HATE me because I am a Christian, and when I profess my faith, I am considered a hateful, warmongering, hypocrite by default.

3.) People want free speech, when it is their message that is being conveyed, and when people hear messages that they don't like and it is applied to them, it magically becomes "hate speech"

4.) Mothers do not love their children more than fathers, and women don't always get custody of the children in cases of divorce.

5.) Thinking you are smart does not always translate into actually being smart.

6.) As a Previous poster stated there is no difference between Ketchup and Catchup. (That was a beautiful post.)

[edit on 8-4-2008 by sacerd]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
OK, in my 31 years, here is what I have found to be true (for me, anyway):

1. Enjoy the present as much as possible.

2. If everyone on the planet smoked cannabis, we would all get along much better!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Life is about growth. No matter how much you think you know about anything/everything, you learn something new. Simply put, we are being taught. And if the physicist are correct, then it's all about "reality engineering".

Well that's my two pence. Have good one.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Well Ive come to the conclusion that there is no GOD and that its pointless praying for something because the only way to make something happen is to do it your blooming self.

I prayed for my cat to get better, she died. I prayed for health for my mother, she died. I prayed for my dog to get better years on and that died too. I prayed for world peace and now look at the state of the place.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:37 PM
link   
'Freedom lies in the nature which you choose to exhibit'

'Life revolves around ideas not time'

'You are only a victim when you start thinking like one'

Time changes with the outlook we give it, breathe for a moment and know your breath gives you life not for a consensus tool for arangement.

'You alone have the power to be, and in our being is the arrangement of light'

'The life you are living right now is the life you chose in the direct moment'

'All possibilities are open when the air is clear to breathe'

'The only constant in this world is change and if you can become it you will rule it'

'I see past the veil of illusion and know my thoughts exist inside the being that makes us whole'

'I am nothing more then a thought guided by the current of intent of the whole mind'

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
My truths are...

- Trust is those ones whose are deserving and especially trust in Guardian Angels
- Angels are existing
- Truth can be found you just need to search for it
- Nothing and no one is what they appear to be
- Evil is existing on the planet, but can be defeated
- Everyone is born free. It's only up to us that we're living as a free being or put ourselves into slavery
- Honesty, bravery, courage is your only weapon that may can harm evil and it may hit it very hard
- Living in the shadow of money is a bond, which makes you slave
- Every single being has enough power to change the world, regardless what the powerful ones are saying to you. As a free being, no one can control you
- Everyone was a star before birth and on one day we will return to there

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Dark Crystalline]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
1. War and greed are as much elements of our lives than any other thing. It must be on our DNA.

2. There is not that many smart people in this world.

3. There are more people trying to take advantage of others than those trying to help others.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
I've found that the older I get the wiser my parents were,I have 4 kids now I see what they went through

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I think the biggest truth that I have come to understand is the following:

Nothing is true.
Everything is permitted.

I have yet to come across ANYthing in our universe that is 100% all the time.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by newgeneric]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
the best way to get rid of a song stuck in your head is to listen to it again. lol

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Well in my years here I have learned a few things but only two of note: Life is what happens when you are planning other things. and Sometimes you eat the bear and sometimes the bear eats you.

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bugman82
Caring for others more than yourself is the most wonderful, joyful, and hopeful thing you can do in life. Simply think about it for a moment. What kind of world would you want to live in? One where people care about you and your struggles more than they do about their own lives or a world where materialism reigns, media and socialization decides who's beautiful and not, and the only thing people truly care about is the acquisition of wealth and stuff?

Wow Bugman! I was very moved by this post of yours! You sound like someone ,unlike some on this board, whom I would love to bump into someday and shake hands with. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us! I enjoyed reading every word of it!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Things I have found to be true;

1) Most people have no idea who they really are. They think what they "think" they are is who they are, or what someone else has told them they are is who they are, or that the sum total of everything they have done or possess or know is what they are. When really who you are has very little to do with what you think of yourself, or others think of you, or what you have done in the past or plan to do in the future. You are what you are the very moment you become aware enough examine the present moment and your self in that present moment.

2) "Know thyself" is more than a mental exercise, and the ancient wise ones were correct in emphasizing its importance. Spiritually and otherwise. Knowing has to happen in the moment, however, and refers to being completely in touch with your Self in the immediate present, not some mental ramble through your personal history.

3) Being true to our own Self, and not to the ramblings of our minds, or the collective mind, (culture, social pressure) would solve all other problems in a very short order. Sure, it would be great if we could get everyone to do it simultaneously and solve the whole worlds problems, but even if individuals did it they would find their personal problems solved regardless what others did.

4) Even if you cannot "know thyself" all the time, or be true to yourself all the time when you do "know thyself," every little bit counts. It is better to do it as often as you can than to give up because you cannot do it all the time. Every single action taken "knowingly" redirects the course of your life, even if just a little bit, and sends you closer to peace and happiness. These choices add up to more net happiness over time. You dont have to be "all or nothing."

Those are the truths I have discovered in my life. As a disclaimer, I do not want to appear to be making the claim that I always do these things I know to be true. I dont. I chicken out, I get caught up in my own mental ramblings, or other crap happens, that distracts me from this truth. When I do remember to follow these "truths," however, my life is good. I fail a lot, but when I do, I pick myself up as soon as I notice and refocus. I guess that is number 5;

5) Never give up on yourself. No matter what you have done, how stupid you have been, or how crappy everyone else thinks you are. As long as you live, you have the chance to become who you really are, and that true Self is good. No one is really bad at the deepest level.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
The biggest truth I have found in life

Everything needs balance. Everything.

Love and Hate

Though I am not the best at showing or recognizing my emotions, one is best suited to carry all of them. Those who have too much love will be taken advantage of and walked on. Those who have too much hate will come to find they have lived lonely and unfulfilled lives.

This goes for sadness and happiness, also. Those who are too happy miss the greatness of sadness. To be sad is often thought as something to be avoided, but that is a mistake. Sadness is a great tool for us to remember bad times, or people missed. I don't need to explain what happens to those who are too sad and not happy.

Food and Hunger

One must balance how much food he/she eats. Easier said than done in such a society as which we live in today.

Not only must we balance how much food we consume, but we need to balance what we consume. Caffeine is not bad, caffeine in frequent large doses is bad. Too often we get on specific food group diets (the zone, or vegetarian) and we miss out on the benefits that all the other foods offer.

Work and Play

One cannot live a fulfilled life by playing all day. Many who play all day justify by saying they are "living in the now". That they are just enjoying the time they have. Little do they know that in their future years, they look back and wish that they had accomplished something.

Those who work all day will miss out on some of life's great pleasures: Love, fun, companionship, etc. Though their accomplishments may be great, their life will be lacking.

Attaining Balance

I am in no way balanced by the rules I have listed above. I hope to some day be. It's something that has to be worked toward, but I believe will eventually bring a feeling of satisfaction and content that most will never attain.

[edit on 8-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
If someone asked you after your many years of research, what is the biggest truth you personally have found in life?

Throughout your travels, trials and tribulations. When all seems utterly hopeless. When you are alone, unloved, cold and miserable. Through anxiety, fear and danger. At times when your life is at risk. When you feel worthless and degraded. When your self-esteem is so low that you are willing to take your own life. When all your dignity is lost. Remember one thing – Your sense of Humour!

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sleuth
The biggest truth I've found in life, after living almost 50 years, is that youth is wasted on the young. When you're older, you have all the wisdom you should have had when you had the youth the use it to benefit you at the appropriate times.

Well, I have just the quote to reassure you, Sleuth:

"It takes a long time to become young"

Pablo Picasso
(and he knew what he was talking about!
)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join