It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Don't mess with Texas - Neighbors of Joe Horn confront Black Panther party members

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Quannell X and other Black Panther party supporters were forced to close down shop and leave after attempting to stage a demonstration in front of the home of Joe Horn. Horn is the Texan who was thrust into the media spotlight for shooting and killing two criminals who were breaking into and burglarizing his next door neighbors home in broad daylight.

The hate group members were shouted down and forced to leave when they were subsequently confronted by a mob of Horn's neighbors, who supported the 61 year old for protecting a fellow neighbor.

Wheather you agree with what Horn did or not, you have to hand it to the people in this video for protecting their own community without resorting to violence. Good to see the American spirit is still alive and kicking out there.

Link to video

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
woah! I was wondering what happened to this story. There was a thread where we all discussed this event openly. I for one always said this had nothing to do with self defense, but more with racism in Texas. This news proves my theory right. Nice update. I can't believe Mr. Horn still remains a free man. He should have been sent to prision for the murders.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

I am sure that if the criminals were white that Mr Horn would have done the same thing. The skin color of the law breakers should have nothing to do with it.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I think the obvious point here is being overlooked.

That point is, if the two scumbags had been at their own home or at work instead of out in these peoples neighborhood commiting a felony home invasion they would still be walking and breathing right now.

When you knowingly and willingly enter another man's home illegally then you forfeit your right to complain about the repercussions of your actions.

Personally, I think Joe Horn deserves a medal, and if there were more people like him out there you wouldnt see people every day on the evening news that have been raped and murdered in their sleep.

One thing is for certain, I will bet you the next group of criminals looking to break into a law abiding citizens home will keep on cruising right past this neighborhood with fear in their hearts.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

In my general area there has been several of these home invasions type robberies and they are usually well armed and not afraid to shoot. I can tell you if anyone tried entering my house they would be dealt with before they knew what hit them regardless of color, but I am sure if they happened to be black I would be labled a racist.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Bravo!!!! To all in that community for chasing these worthless dirt bags out of their neighborhood. I think the guy who shot the crooks was wrong by shooting to kill and not just wounding them to stop them for getting away with any goods and teaching them a lesson, Although this will send a good message to all who think about robbing someones house. If someone tries to get in my house they would be killed not wounded so they could not come back and sue me or try to get revenge. Now if this guy had done that in Florida he would be in jail unless the crooks had a gun.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Turning this guy into a "hero" is ridiculous, he shot two unarmed guys in the back

I'm all for the right to self-defense, but this guy wasn't defending himself or anyone else.

If they were white he would have been charged with murder, plain and simple.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I don't know if "hero" is the term I'd use but I agree with what he did. Both the victims had long criminal records and were armed (they had a crowbar for their break & enter). I would have shot them as well, probably a few more times to be honest. We can't waste time on scum like this and more times than often the so called judicial system will have them back out on the streets soon anyways. Guess that's not a problem now
I seem to recall a song that depicts this event clearly....hey man nice shot.

Back to the thread leave it to the Black Panthers to use this case to further their agenda. Kudos to that community.

brill

[edit on 6-4-2008 by brill]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I'm a certifiable 2nd Amendment nut and firearms owner. I don't think what Joe did was right for many reasons...however I feel NO SORROW for the two criminals that got shot...none. They made their decisions and paid the consequences.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberSEAL

the consequences would have been some jail time not death.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by brill

"Hey Man, Nice Shot" was about R. Budd Dwyer's suicide (see references in popular culture section here). If you want a non-wikipedia source, try this Rolling Stone article. It has nothing to do with murder or, if you prefer, supposedly righteous slayings. Richard Patrick (lead singer of Filter) has made this pretty clear.

As for Joe Horn, I don't believe that his brand of punishment fit the crime. He did not *have* to shoot those guys -- he wanted to shoot them. His actions infer that he values property over life, which I find myopic. Those guys will never have a chance to reform or make amends for their actions. They will never have the opportunity to learn from their mistakes. I realize that it is speculative to suggest that they ever would have learned a lesson, but it is just as speculative to suggest that they would not have. To be very clear here, I'm not defending the criminals or their actions, but neither will I defend Joe Horn. He removed that possibility for two men who had technically done no harm to him. I'm all for personal/home defense and for killing to protect family and self in the face of immediate danger. I do not believe that killing for the sake of a neighbor's property is anything other than the satisfaction of one's own bloodlust.

/tn.

[edit on 6-4-2008 by teleonaut]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I agree that the penalty paid far outweighed what was owed for those two criminals. They should not have had to die for simple theft.

This thread isn't about that though. It's about the Black Panther party trying to exploit and get mileage out of a tragedy.

I'm proud of you Texas. The Black Panther party tried to exploit an already bad situation and you shoved it right back down their throats. I wish it would happen more often.

This isn't about racism, it's about right and wrong. What the BP party did was wrong. They had their butts handed to them for it.

The world would be a better place if more people had the guts of Joe Horns neighbors.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Hmm.. Black Panthers, the other KKK.

Glad to see the neighbors stuck up for Joe, though I hand it to the Panthers for having the balls to protest at Joe's house. You know, where Joe has a history of shooting people that don't belong lol.

If only there where more people like Joe..

We wouldn't have so many people in prisons.

[edit on 4/6/2008 by Rockpuck]

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by teleonaut
reply to post by brill

"Hey Man, Nice Shot" was about R. Budd Dwyer's suicide (see references in popular culture section here). If you want a non-wikipedia source, try this Rolling Stone article. It has nothing to do with murder or, if you prefer, supposedly righteous slayings. Richard Patrick (lead singer of Filter) has made this pretty clear.

I'm well aware of what the song stood for thanks. I was merely indicating that Joe indeed had a nice shot. There was no attempt to relate the two incidents.

Originally posted by teleonaut
He did not *have* to shoot those guys -- he wanted to shoot them. His actions infer that he values property over life, which I find myopic. Those guys will never have a chance to reform or make amends for their actions. They will never have the opportunity to learn from their mistakes.

These were repeat offenders. He was an older man borderline senior citizen who may have feared for his life. The perpetrators had chances, god knows how many. At what point do others, more deservedly, get a chance? How many times does it take for people who are repeat offenders to get it through their fat heads that you've been given a golden opportunity. I'm all for people who can reform and rejoin society in an acceptable fashion the only difference here is that their outcome got pegged with a media frenzy. Somebody needed to take out the proverbial trash and that was done.

brill

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I have a question for those who think that Mr. Horn deserves to be in prison for what he did.

How was he to know wheather or not these men were armed? How was he to know if his neighbor or his neighbors wife or children were home at the time? Would it have been better for him to sit by and do nothing (like you people obviously would) or even worse, call the lazy doughnut eaters to come and save the day? Police response time these days is by and large poor at best.

My girlfriends brother had his home broken into, and it took L.A.P.D. officers over four hours to respond after the fact. Would you as a decent human being be able to live with yourself if you saw two men breaking into your neighbors house and did nothing, only to later find out that someone was murdered or raped as you twiddled your self righteous, politically correct thumbs and did nothing?

How would you live with yourself if your neighbors child was abducted and murdered knowing full well that you could have put a stop to it if you had only shown some guts and some geniune concern for your fellow man? I would never forgive myself. Horn had no idea what these men's true intentions were. He saw what was taking place and instead of ignoring the situation he took the initiative to put a stop to something that he knew was wrong.

I could only hope that my neighbors would have the fortitude to stand up on my behalf like that. The reality is that in this day and age of pessimism and self centered "me first" behavior, most people would have looked the other way. This is the same reason a woman can be raped in broad day light on a busy street while having her cries for help ignored by people who would rather not get involved. It's a sad commentary on our country when good men stand idely by and allow things like this to happen.

Eventually it will be YOU who will need the help of a neighbor, maybe then you will understand. I only hope that your neighbors do not subscribe to then same self centered, uncaring belief system that you do, because it may just end up costing you your life.

posted on Apr, 6 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

That was just great.

What community spirit!!

This is what should happen more often when outside trouble makers want to come and cause problems.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 09:39 AM
link   
That was awesome. I wish I could have been there!! And yes he is a hero, I wish I had a neighbor like him!!

Let me explain something to you bleeding heart liberals: Those guys were here illegally; bet you didn't hear from the liberal biased media that it took the coroner 3 hours to ID them due to their mulitple (fake) forms of ID - that were ALL different.

They were repeat criminals. So you think sending them to jail for a few more years was going to cure that? Hell no! They would get out and do it again and maybe even kill someone. Maybe it would have been your family member? Think about it. I'm glad the man help save some of my tax dollars!!

You yankees have no idea the problem we are having down here due to all the illegals. The crime rate has doubled thanks to them and the Katrians! Until you have walked in our shoes I wouldn't judge!

Sorry this is just a very sore issue with me.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The one thing that is completely beyond me is why all these black racist groups are defending two illegals from South America when Latino gangs have declared open season and basically a race war in the southwest against black people? Just because they were of the African persuasion does not mean they are going to call them "brother". They are from another culture. The only reason they were there was because Joe Horn was white. Period.

This is a great video showing support against these race hustling nimrods and showing support of someone who was defending his neighborhood. Simple lesson: Don't break into people's houses or you might get shot, no matter what you look like. Common knowledge where I live. Cheers to two less thieving pieces of "human" debris in the world.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by xmotex

He was defending his neighbor's property and as I recall, one of the criminals entered his property, but regardless, Joe Horn is a model citizen and a hero.

To those who are too frightened to get involved and who hide behind closed doors while others are being violated won't understand, but that's no surprise.

Joe Horn acted in accordance with Texas law, which is a lot more than can be said for the Black Panthers.

[edit on 2008/5/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

Bravo! I agree. He was doing his community a favor probably knowing he could be killed as well or face murder charges, even with the "castle" law Texas has.

We here in GA have a similar law in effect and the governor just signed a law for conceal carry permit owners that allows lawful gun owners to carry in their vehicle on their employers property regardless of company rules. It also allows now to carry in establishments that serve alcohol but the person armed cannot consume any. Amazing there are some sane legislators left.

Joe Horn should run for local office, he'd probably make one hell of a sheriff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join