It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Don't mess with Texas - Neighbors of Joe Horn confront Black Panther party members

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by josephineBut I understand why he did it. I guess the burglars must have known no one would be home.

I am not arguing with your points, but some on this thread keep saying because the criminals "thought no one was home" their crime was simple theft and harmless etc...

Here is one of those stories that the media never covered, because it was too inflammatory and not PC enough. Three teenagers break into a house to "just steal things" and "no one was home". Except the 12 year old daughter WAS home sick from school. They shot the little girl to death.

I guess some here would argue that the poor teenagers did not INTEND to kill anyone when they broke in, they THOUGHT the house was empty. The poor kids were argueably victims in this situation...gosh they probably only wanted the tv and computer and suddenly they are unfairly charged with murder...

www.wral.com...

Carthage, N.C. — Tight security surrounded three teens Tuesday who have been charged with killing a 12-year-old girl in her Moore County home last week.

Emily was found dead Friday in her home on Marks Road outside of Vass. She had stayed home from school with strep throat and was alone when someone broke into the house and, surprised to find someone inside, shot her several times with a .22-caliber handgun, authorities said.

Once again, why did this story never make the national news? The story of two thugs being shot while committing a crime is a big deal, but a 12 year old girl being shot by thugs is not? Because little girls are shot every day? I don't think so. I am surprised the Black Panthers did not start protesting the "unfair prosecution" of those poor teenagers.

[edit on 22-5-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   
How can there even be a discussion on this issue? It is such a terrible symbol of society today that people protest for the rights of burglars?!

The second you enter someone's home without their permission, attempt to take things without their permission, you lose any rights you had. You clearly don't care for the rights of the person whose house you're in, so no rights will be afforded to you. They took a risk and they paid with their lives for it, and that's the end of the matter. The world is now missing 2 thieves, how can that be bad? Good to see the local community coming out in support and not cowing down to political/racial motives.

We'd all love it if we had neighbours who would protect out property on our behalf. It's a shame that isn't the case in the majority of neighbourhoods.

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by josephine

The black panthers get involved with ALL crimes down here that have someone that isn't WHITE involved. There was a man the other day (black) who killed his wife and was wanted. He tured himself in a few days later. Guess who went with him when he turned himself in?? Why, why did they go with him?

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Well, I don't know all the details of this case, but it seems to me that this man who shot the burglars was only doing what any cop would have done. Well, for that matter, cops shoot people for far less even, these days. I'm no fan of the police, but I am all for protecting yourself, your family, and your neighbors. In fact, if more people thought that way we wouldn't need so many damned cops.

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here in Texas most police will not hesitate to tell you they are only here to enforce the laws, not provide a babysitting service to you or anyone else. That, until they get to there, you are on your own.

The criminals know the approximate response times.. They try to commit their crimes and be gone within this time frame. Meanwhile, it is up to you or your neighbor to protect yourself and your property. I lost a sister and a 7 yr old nephew during a home invasion and if only their neighbors were as vigilant as Mr. Horn, maybe they would still be alive. But, instead, the neighbors stayed inside and waited for the police while my sister was repeatedly raped. Afterwards, she was shot execution style along with my nephew by the killers. Saddest part of all, one of her neighbors saw the people breaking in the house and called the local authorities and their response time was something like 25 minutes... The neighbor knew my sister was home, and had the same views as these other "pansy assed " people... .."Just let the law handle it. "

To me, knowing the crime is happening and not taking it amongst yourself to try to help those being victimize, is about the same as committing the crime yourself.

Kinda like stopping and rendering aid if you come upon an accident... Do you call 911 and go about your merry way???? Hell no!!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join