It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

VIDEO: Don't mess with Texas - Neighbors of Joe Horn confront Black Panther party members

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I have a very dear friend who is a Texas Ranger. He's had run in's with the black panthers. He says they are nothing more than scum and most have criminal records. They are merely race pimps trying to keep the hate alive.

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I can't believe Mr. Horn still remains a free man. He should have been sent to prision for the murders.

Mr. Horn would be in jail, except for the fact that he did not violate the law.

I found it heartwarming the way his neighbors and supporters came out and peacefully, but noisily made the race hustlers photo op futile.

Compare the demonstration in Texas and the demonstration in Toledo, Ohio, when Nazis invaded a neighborhood there.

In Texas, the crowd got the agitators to leave without hurting anyone, looting any homes or businesses, or hurling rocks and other projectiles at emergency personnel.

Quite a contrast, I would say, and the Texas demonstration was far more effective.

[edit on 2008/5/20 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on May, 20 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
So let me get this straight, death is the right punishment for stealing a stereo and a dvd player( not really shure what they were stealing). Maybe the US Army should invade Texas and liberate the oppressed people. The last place I saw a punishment as vicious and unfair as the one Joe Horn gave these two thieves was Iraq and I think that was one of the reasons for invading that country. Whats next chopping off hands and heads, or public hangings. Such backward thinking should not be incouraged.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by 3vilscript

How can anyone just assume that the assailants were only there to steal and not hurt anyone? How many robberies end up violent and even end up in a murder death kill? (Sorry, watched Demolition Man earlier)

I tell you this much. Someone breaks into my home; I am pulling the trigger until it goes click. Better they die than there being even a 1 in a billion chance of my family getting hurt or killed. My family means the world to me, and if were to hold back, and one of them get hurt or even worse, then I have to live my entire life knowing that it was my fault because I did not act. If they valued thier lives as much as some of you siding with the criminals value thier lives, they would be alive today and not have done it.

The assailants entered the man's yard, there were two of them, they did have a crow bar, and the man protected himself and his community. We should honor patriots like this.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Aaron_Justin

First of all no one went into his home, the thieves were in his neighbors house. Second he was told on numerous occassions not to go outside his house. The Castle Law does not state anything about a neighbors property so this law cannot back him up. This man endangered himself, his neighbors, and the officers that responded to his call. "Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit."

Here is the article with the 911 transcripts:
www.cbsnews.com...

He should havebeen more prudent and listened to the advice of the 911 operator.

"Rashness belongs to youth; prudence to old age.
Marcus T. Cicero"

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Wow, your going to have one hell of a learning curve when the you know what hits the fan. I've been robbed, jumped and had a gun pulled on me, and let me tell you there is only one thing these types of "individuals" understand. Brute and swift retaliation. How do you not know or Joe Horn might have thought that there were people in his neighbors home that night? What if the neighbor had a young daughter or wife alone by themselves? I would feel in debt to this man for what he did for me if I were the neighbor. Those scumbags got what was coming. They initiated the conflict by being the aggressor. I don't know where you live, but if you are constantly surrounded by shady people and criminal types daily, you adopt a siege mentality. Force is all these types understand.

I don't know what the response time for the police in your area, but anything less than instantaneous as far as my family's safety is concerned is unacceptable. If all homes were armed, home invasions would drop to zero overnight.

[edit on 21-5-2008 by shai hulud]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Oh my God!! This type of mentality makes me sick!! So what would you do if someone broke into you or your neighbor's house?

And, yes the Castle Law does back him up. If his neighbor asked him to "keep an eye" on his property it's the same as if they broke into his house. Again the man had no idea if the two low life CRIMINAL pieces of sh*t had hurt or killed someone in his neighbors house!! What did you want him to do?? Walk up to them and ask if they had taken anything or hurt anyone??

Are you eve an American? Your comment about Patriotism makes you sound like a Marxist and a Nazi.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lone Star Patriot

Oh my God!! This type of mentality makes me sick!! So what would you do if someone broke into you or your neighbor's house?

And, yes the Castle Law does back him up. If his neighbor asked him to "keep an eye" on his property it's the same as if they broke into his house. Again the man had no idea if the two low life CRIMINAL pieces of sh*t had hurt or killed someone in his neighbors house!! What did you want him to do?? Walk up to them and ask if they had taken anything or hurt anyone??

Are you eve an American? Your comment about Patriotism makes you sound like a Marxist and a Nazi.

Exactly right, the castle law does apply in this manner if the neighbor asked him to watch his place. Yeah I sure am glad 3vilscript isn't my neighbor. If I did him a favor like Joe Horn did, he'd probably sue ME.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by shai hulud

I would call the police and let them handle it. Why is it that whenever someone does not agree with the thoughts of the majority they are considered Nazis, or communists. I live in Houston, TX. In fact, the neighborhood I live in has a very high crime rate. There have been two murders in the gas station near my house in the last month in a half. Your comments about his neighbor having a daughter, or he was trying to protect them are irrelevant. He waited at least 10 minutes before he went outside and he did,nt shoot anyone inside his neighbors house, they were shot outside. Maybe he had good intentions, but the man is no hero, heros do not hesitate.

EDIT:
The article says he barely even knew the neighbor, somehow I doubt he was asked to keep an eye on the house.

[edit on 5/21/2008 by 3vilscript]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I don't believe you. If you lived in the Houston area like ME you wouldn't be arguing this point. PERIOD. The guy gave PPD 10 minutes to show up and do something. When they didn't he intervened in fear for his neighbor. Who cares if he knew him well or not?? I don't know my neighbor that well but I would do the samething for them.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript

... Why is it that whenever someone does not agree with the thoughts of the majority they are considered Nazis, or communists.....

Because of this: ""Patriotism ... is a superstition artificially created and maintained through a network of lies and falsehoods; a superstition that robs man of his self-respect and dignity, and increases his arrogance and conceit.""

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Well having lived in the Houston area as well I know about the crime. As far as the opinion of the majority goes I think your train of thought is in the minority. Especially in TX where I am a native. You have your opinion and your welcome to it, but I never called you a Nazi, if anything it sounds like you are a pacifist that relies on the authorities and would rather look the other way than make a stand for a fellow citizen.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by shai hulud

We here in GA have a similar law in effect and the governor just signed a law for conceal carry permit owners that allows lawful gun owners to carry in their vehicle on their employers property regardless of company rules. It also allows now to carry in establishments that serve alcohol but the person armed cannot consume any. Amazing there are some sane legislators left.

Yeah I am happy about that law too. Plus it allows one to carry on public transportation (and that is a big deal for anyone that ants to occasionaly use MARTA to go downtown or whatever).

I just laugh when I see the people on the new saying how "dangerous and unecessary it is to allow weapons on public transportation". Sheesh the number of killings and robberies using firearms is pretty darn high in atlanta and NONE of the perpetrators have a license, but instead the anti-gun folk are worried about the citizens that got a licence and passed the background check.

Georgia really has its head on straight when it comes to gun laws. Its one of the reasons I moved here (from california).

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If someone has a license to carry you can bet they are more level head than most. Why would they go through proper channels - and - do the right thing only to turn around and do something voilent and/or foolish.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Thats what separates the heros from the average human. I'm no hero I suppose, but I dont intend to be. I never said you called me a Nazi, I was responding to Lonestar. As far as the quote about patriotism, forgive me if I am too much of a cynic to believe that men and women only have sane and loving thoughts towards each other. My experience has shown me otherwise. I heard somewhere that the definition of a cynic is, and idealist with a broken heart. I see that we will probably never reach an agreement in the topic so like you said "lets agree to disagree." Good day to you.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Ditto.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Oh yeah, I will never use MARTA again ever. I wouldn't step foot on there without my whole squad to back me up. You are dead on about the perps that commit crimes never have a permit. GA has been ahead of most states, but oddly enough we usually follow through with the gun laws FL originates. FL has some outstanding laws now. I lived in Chula Vista CA years ago and see how communist that once great place has become. Quite a shame, but there is always Dixie.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Agreed sir. I am a very cynical person which leads me to another great quote I heard: the definition of a conservative is a liberal who has been mugged. It is what it is. Eh

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   

I never said that the two assailants entered his home, I did state, as the article stated, that the men did go towards Mr. Horn, and from what he said, entered into his yard. The police were never in danger from Horn as they were not there until after the deed was done. Horn's neighbors were not in danger either, in fact, they were safer thanks to his intervention. I truly hope that you do not take a passive approach to your neighbors being in trouble, for I will not. Nice quote too, here is one for you..

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
He should have listened to the operator.
No one was in danger. He saw them leaving with the loot
and they only came to his yard after he went outside.

But I understand why he did it. I guess the burglars must
have known no one would be home. If there was someone home
sleeping lets say, they would probably not hesitate to kill.
They were probably stealing to get money for drugs.
Those people would kill if they had to.

But still, he should not have done it. I dont think death should
be punishment for theft.

I dont know why the black panthers are getting involved.
Did the incident happen at night? Because at night it can be hard
to tell white from brown. Plus he never said anything racial on
the phone. Whats with the black panthers?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join