It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everybody in Los Angeles is a DRUG FIEND

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Maybe those two drugs are the leading new med tech. Maybe even nano variations of current medications. You can fear it because it is a reality. Never gonna look up what they do or what they don't do but california is a leader. A very important leader.

I watched a video right before the news came out about drugs in the water supply not too long ago. So they did have prior knowledge. Evidently no water treatments plants were made to remove these chemicals from the water and the effects are not confirmed.

However there is a nasa scientist that has invented a water vaporizer filtering system. If you people pay attention this system can be scaled to fit water treatment plants

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WISHADOW

Yes you're right they did have knowledge. When first studying this, i thought it was fairly recent discovery, but now after finding reports of meds in the water going back decades, It looks like they knew it but just didn't do anything about it for quite some time.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
THIS is one of the main reasons I haven't ingested any Los Angeles water in more than 20 years. And the glass bottled water I purchase is double filtered before I cook with it or make tea and coffee. If I could buy vegetables that haven't been grown with unfiltered water, I'd do that, too! I used to have a deck garden and grew most of the veggies we consumed; THEN came the Chemtrails, 5 years ago. The flowers died, and I stopped growing veggies out there. The oily film from the Chemtrails was just too much...

[edit on 7-4-2008 by Tweaked]

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Tweaked

I ingest liquid Oxycodone extract.................lol,seriously this is nothing more than a bad filter system,IMHO

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wow i was just reading the sites that i posted on the flourine....wow that stuff is way worse than i first suspected. And yes i did read them before i posted them just not as thorough as i would have liked, as i was pressed for time.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Secret Shadow

What have you found? Please anything about your findings - thanks much.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Wow, all I have to do is drink the tap water..... I will stop popping pills and just drink the water.

posted on Apr, 7 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

There is a post on the last page i think it was the last one that i posted yesterday, it has three links in it....very alarming stuff actually

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hello Earthlings,

Yes, there's something in the water (or air or both) here in LA. I hail from a planet called North Hollywood and so many people I grew up with.... pretty much every one of them were drug users. I don't know who, if anybody would be sedating our water, but I'm on my way to the tap for a glass full. As long as the drugs don't stay in the water long enough for us all to get strung out, I think temporary mass sedation is a brilliant idea for big cities (wink). We've got to slow down and smell the concrete or we're all going to strangle each other.

Peace,

Paul

posted on Apr, 8 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The bottom line is they should have, and probably did, know about this, for many years, as they have made no effort to update our city water treatment plants. They were never designed for all of this, and are ancient technology as far as what all they can and cannot filter is concerned.

Until they decide to fix that, city water is quite unsafe.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Im safe i get to drink yummy Burbank water its not on the list. Maybe Burbank should bottle and sell it to you LA people.

posted on Apr, 9 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ravens and Doves
Yes, there's something in the water (or air or both) here in LA.

Paul

i have a friend from LA and she always says she likes the city but hates what she calls "the hippy smell. body odor, urine and weed" and i always just laughed

until my last trip to LA, sitting in traffic a few blocks from UCLA even with all the cars running you could smell someone's weed and i had to laugh a lot at this

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Its a known fact that fertility and sperm counts are down...my question is...is all these chemicals being dumped into our water on purpose by the gov't and or NWO???

Slows the population growth, drugs us up, causes health problems...This seems very maniacal to me and intentional. We all thought aspartame and fluoride was bad...well now people are gettin' harsh prescription drugs pumped into their bodies by the water they drink...Stay away from Tap water- use a brita filter or bottle water.

posted on Apr, 10 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

well if the govt was drugging the water, what makes you think that they wouldnt also find a way to drug bottled water? they know how much people love their bottled water and it wouldnt be real hard for them to infiltrate the bottled water industry and do it there as well yeah?

besides, IMO if it was done on purpose, the reports of the water having this stuff in it wouldnt ever see the light of day. plus, again IMO, the concentrations would be higher.

of course i still think the whole thing is a non-issue myself.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 03:07 AM
link   
What one has to consider is the source of the water, take for example, many municipal water works pump the water from rivers (many states pump from the Mississippi River, the biggest cess pool there is) if they are drawing from rivers and are downstream from all the states North of them, well you get my point. Filtration will only take out so much-
Once upon a time, I actually worked the water towers, applying potable water linings on the interiors of the tanks. When we first got to a site, we drained the tanks- you wouldn't believe some of the slime, muck, dead animals, dead bird bones I have seen. If the filtration allow pumps to muck to the tank, after it has been filtered and chlorinated- there was only one tank, out of probably 150 or so, that I saw that was clean, and it was a rural elevated tank that pumped directly from an artesian well.
I would be interested in chemical concentrations in the rivers, or wherever the water was pumped from.

posted on Apr, 12 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Secret Shadow
And besides, what you should be worried about is the flourine levels in your water as flourine will bond to calcium in your bloodstream and bones....calcium controls muscle function i.e: THE HEART! lol. So, if there is too much flourine cardiac arrest is a possible issue

Has anyone seen the movie Dr. Strangelove - or how I learned to stop worrying and love the atomic bomb? This sounds like a quote straight from that. Many people know that there are many things in our water from chemicals and minerals to microbial bacteria and some contamination of various other types. As my dad told me when i was younger "you will eat a peck of dirt before you die" so dont focus on what is in the water, worry more about what you put into your body on purpose. Thats what will kill you fastest.

[edit on 12-4-2008 by acewilliams]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
This just released by SFCHRONICLE:

Source

Feds Not Addressing Drugs in Water

A White House task force that was supposed to devise a federal plan to research the issue of pharmaceuticals in drinking water has missed its deadline and failed to produce mandated reports and recommendations for coordination among numerous federal agencies, according to documents obtained by The Associated Press.

More than 70 pages of the task force's documents, including e-mails and weekly reports, were released under the Freedom of Information Act as a Senate subcommittee prepares to convene a hearing Tuesday prompted by an AP investigation about trace concentrations of drugs in America's drinking water.

But it is impossible to track any possible progress by the group because the White House has classified task force agendas and minutes as internal documents, and therefore cannot be released, said spokeswoman Kristin Scuderi. The group's annual report is in draft form and therefore also cannot be released at this time, she added.

While providing some documents to the AP, Rachael Leonard, a White House deputy general counsel, said "10 inches worth of documents" were not being released.

[edit on 13-4-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Apr, 13 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero

Originally posted by whitecastle
I haven't seen any evidence that they are in the water supply in sufficient concentrations to have negative consequences for human health.

Nor do i sea any reason to belive that over time, having prolonged exposure to these drugs, will not have an effect.

I wonder How other parts of the world fare in a survey of thie drinkning water.

Could our Messed up Water supply, be the reason for much of Americas Insane behavior lately...

Fish Mutation
More Mutation
All You Can Eat Mutation

I agree that while the effects at the moment to humans is probably negligable if not non-existent at the moment. However, its more probable that increased exposure at increased levels to future generations and to developing children could be a serious problem.

[edit on 4/13/2008 by DisInfo]

[edit on 4/13/2008 by DisInfo]

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
My theory
and... essay.

Ok, the water being tested is in the outflow of the septic system, not the water coming out of the tap folks. This is all easily explainable, the majority of pharmaceuticals we ingest are passed with urine/waste, its an exception to the rule if more than 50% of what you're medicating with is actually put to use in some way. This fact is accentuated by the huge variance in doses by mouth, nasally, rectally or IV.
Logically when you get an IV of drug X its going to be at a dose probably 1/100th of what the dose would be orally simply because a significant portion of it would have been lost to your liver and kidneys as it made its rounds into your blood stream where as an IV is obviously a direct route.
The part that's lost doesn't evaporate into thin air, it's passed with urine and waste like everything else and this waste all presumably meets up somewhere where its processed from raw sewage into clean drinking water.

The pharmaceuticals do get cleaned out by the end of their run though the city's water management system, its clear that this test was performed somewhere in the middle, after its gone though enough filtering to the level of removing visible waste but not through the final stage where its ready for drinking.
As part of my engineering degree general studies in my first year we had to sample an intro course from a variety of engineering paths; civil eng, computer sci, water quality technologist, electrical, etc. Trust me by the end of all their filtering and the chemicals and what not, pharms are long gone and they are a top concern when testing purity!

There was e a huge media explosion in the 60s over massive levels of Diazepam (Valium) being found in the water supply. People all over were screaming "The government is trying to make us passive and stupid to control us!" It was caused by a surge of house wives in suburban areas all addicted to Valium and Diazepam has an extremely long active life, up to 200 hours! I don't know anyone that can hold it for 200 hours so a huge amount of the drug was passed into the black water of the city where it was measured at the facility. But as in this article, the levels weren't taken from the tap, they were at the treatment plant before it was considered drinking water.

Meprobamate aka Equanil and this other pharm you have listed could not have been detected from a tap at someones house. Why? Because the half-life of the metabolite is 10 hours, so 20 hours total, minus how ever long the person ingesting it took before excreting it, lets say 16 hours total detection time frame. It takes a hell of a lot longer for your waste to go from your house, to sewage treatment, get through every level of sewage treatment, get piped back into circulation as clean water and then extracted by a 2nd person for testing.

Common drugs picked up at the treatment plant before filtering them out are all benzo's (valium, ativan, clonazepam, etc) all of them pack active lives commonly over 100 hours. Caffeine is another one at 60 hours, cotinine is a component of nicotine and can be detected for up to a week,
estrogen content comes from women on birth control and that can stay in the water for a long long time but luckily it is specifically targeted for this reason or you'd end up with women having miscarriages as a result.

I don't doubt these results are real but I feel safe in saying these readings were not from drinking water from someone's home, they're from the treatment facility and someones looking for a story to shock. The pharmacokinetics tell the story, for any of the numbers just Google the active motabilite life and how its excreted applying to whatever drug.

There are a few exceptions, some (very few) molecules are too small to be filtered, they are destroyed using chemical rather than physical filters. And the exception to all of this would of course be a poorly maintained water table, if thats the case I'd be doing more than posting on ATS!

posted on May, 2 2008 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I just want to reaffirm how unlikely it would be that these tests could actually be from a tap in the surrounding city in that you have to understand how serious a position pertaining to water quality really is. Think about how much trust the entire community has to have in its water quality technitions, they're basically trusted with the health and lives of everyone the station is supplying water to. They're engineers, they're extremely intelligent and it's hard for me to envision such deliberate negligence by what would have to be a huge number of professionals. On top of the biochemical fact that some of the metabolites claimed wouldn't survive a 360 degree journal through the system, they'd only make it to the station for preliminary testing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join