It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who believes 100% we have been visited by aliens?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
To be 100% you must actually see an alien entity live and in person, face to face.

What about lying aliens? I'm sure that they'd be pretty impressive stepping out of their big flying saucers and claiming to be from some distant planet, but can you really believe them? Again, getting back to the whole demons thing, what if they were demonic entities falsely claiming to be from another planet?

Everybody needs to present good, testable evidence for proof. Even them lyin' aliens.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by lw2525
Stanton Friedman once said quite publicly that there are 4 cases he could cite which offer proof of visitation. He used a "court of law" scenario, whereby the evidence offered would result in an overwhelming decision in favor of "we've been visited", if not an open and shut case.

It's too bad for Stan that we're not in a court of law here. In court, you're not trying to prove whether something exists or not, you're trying to determine the facts about things we already agree exist and are possible. That's a big difference.

Now, he may have evidence of something happening. A sighting or whatever. That's fine. I think we all agree that people see and experience unusual things. But I've never seen a proven, documented UFO sighting that was after that conclusively proven to be a result of anything alien.

Stan is old-school. He is firmly convinced that real UFOs are all about extraterrestrial beings from other planets. The whole little green men from Mars trip. So everything he says you have to filter through that attitude.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Originally posted by Yarcofin
To be 100% you must actually see an alien entity live and in person, face to face.

What about lying aliens? I'm sure that they'd be pretty impressive stepping out of their big flying saucers and claiming to be from some distant planet, but can you really believe them? Again, getting back to the whole demons thing, what if they were demonic entities falsely claiming to be from another planet?

Everybody needs to present good, testable evidence for proof. Even them lyin' aliens.

I did see 3 aliens face to face, eye to eyes and it's there game we have to play. We are at a disadvantage to knowing there agenda since they look you in the eyes and pull whatever they want from your mind. Unless they project there thoughts into your mind, you will not know there purpose. Are they lying, who can know, since the lowly human has no mind powers to search the depths of other minds it encounters.

Folks, we are there toys to play with as they wish. They will make you hear voices, see things and do things you think you would not otherwise do. When performing procedures on victims, and those victims show pain, the alien can take the pain away if it so chooses.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WorldShadow
I did see 3 aliens face to face, eye to eyes and it's there game we have to play.

How, exactly, can you be absolutely sure they were aliens, then, if they have the ability to control your thoughts? Can't they be something else, other kinds of entities, or maybe even a projection of your own mind, deceiving you?

Without anything physical to back it up, it can't be tested. It's not that I don't believe you had the experience. I wasn't there, and I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But I do feel the need to question your interpretation of the experience, particularly since you admit that your mind was being influenced in some way at the time.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
i believe 100% that we have been visited by aliens and i think aliens are here now helping the government or the government is helping them or the government has taken them
something like that
i also believe we have visited alien planets

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

If you have not read my experience, click my ATS stage name and read on. I looked into the eyes of 3 aliens and 1 produced a device that performed a procedure on me. I firmly believe the experience was an alien entity encounter in control of my consciousness.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am a believer 100%. Of course I'm talking about personal experience, I saw a group of them in the mountains in Bolivia in 1995 with some friends as whitesses on our way back to the city, they practically light the whole night sky and it is pretty dark on the mountains. Also i would like to say that even though I understand people to be skeptical about the UFO's issue there's no way that there are millions of lunatics or delusional people agreeing in the same subject. I'm not specting people to believe nor to validate my experience but I feel obligated to share what I saw in order to say you are not alone, I saw it too.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   

If you have not read my experience, click my ATS stage name and read on. I looked into the eyes of 3 aliens and 1 produced a device that performed a procedure on me. I firmly believe the experience was an alien entity encounter in control of my consciousness.

Well, of course you would, particularly if they (whoever or whatever they are) made you believe that it was. Most of what we believe is a result of what we experience, or at least what we think we experience. I'm sure you believe that is what happened. That's the catch. How can any of us know what the reality of a situation is, particularly if our minds are obviously being manipulated?

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by reubendarious
I am a believer 100%. Of course I'm talking about personal experience, I saw a group of them in the mountains in Bolivia in 1995 with some friends as whitesses on our way back to the city, they practically light the whole night sky and it is pretty dark on the mountains.

I assume you're talking about lights in the sky. Okay, you saw lights in the sky that lit up the mountains. I believe that part. I have no reason to think you'd lie about it.

But how exactly do you make the connection between unusual lights in the sky and aliens? What's the thought process there? Is it a matter of, "Well, it couldn't be anything else!" Because, you know, it could be a lot of other things, including something nobody understands. Walk us through it.

You see a light, it does odd things and then... ... therefore it has to be aliens and nothing else.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Nohup

As I said before I'm not specting anyone to validate my experience, but to answer your question I saw 12 or more balls of light that changed their colors and behave without pattern moving around getting closer and far over the mountains and where reflecting their lights on the surface. There's no airports nor military bases this was far out in the country on the mountains at 7 or 8 at night. It lasted hours but although it was a pretty sight I personally was a little bit nervous and convince everybody to leave the place after 1 hour or so of whitnessing the event. My country is poor, we don't have the technology or any facility with it to claim that maybe it was military or civilian aircrafts or anything like it and we stayed more than an hour trying to descifer what it was, we were all well educated people and very skeptical at the beginning but as the time went by and we run out of rational explanations, fear started to spread and we left. I've revisited the site several times after the incident, same spot same conditions even the same date one year later and nothing happened. I know what I saw was real and after all this years I've been very interested in the subject and the evidence for me is overwelming. That is in good faith what I have to say about my experience, once again I'm not trying to explain or defend myself, I have a very clear vision of what I experienced and I'm a believer. Thank you for your inquire.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   

British astrophysicist Peter A. Sturrock wrote that for many years,
discussions of the UFO issue have remained narrowly polarized between advocates and adversaries of a single theory, namely the extraterrestrial hypothesis ... this fixation on the ETH has narrowed and impoverished the debate, precluding an examination of other possible theories for the phenomenon.

Source: Sturrock Peter A, “The UFO Enigma: A New Review of the Physical Evidence”, Warner Books

I totally agree with Dr.Sturrock's opinion on this matter and one only has to view those conversations in this forum on these topics to recognize the extremely narrow paradigm from which members here in ATS are operating from.

Nevertheless, this is not to say that I personally do not think that the ETH is a cogent one, but the fork off point, in my own view on this, is when this hypothesis outrageously proclaims that these beings are biological and physical just like all sentient beings who exist on our own planet are too. But that's for another conversation that's not entirely pertinent to the question presented by the OP of this thread.

So do I believe 100% we have been visited by aliens? Well, going by the assumption that by "aliens", the OP meant "ET's", no, I am NOT 100% sure that we have been or are being visited by ET's because they may, for example, in fact be native to our own planet! So in this regard, they would not be considered ET's right? And if this is the case, then what are they?

And I must say that I find it extremely bewildering that so many of you here accept the information given to contactee's by these beings that what they say they are and where they say they are from is the truth and nothing but the truth regardless that these are the same beings who have been abducting humans and doing weird gynecological experiments on them!

That you also believe that many of those strange cattle mutilations are performed by such beings and more significantly, that such beings operate in a queer mode of secrecy like they do... and there's more... much more... AND YET, most of you here overwhelmingly accept that what ever these beings are saying to humans is the truth??

That you think that they are even capable of that leaves me in a total state of befuddlement!

And that you dare to call yourselves "scientific investigators" or that you are adherents of those UFO researchers and writers who stand by such assertions that we can trust some of those claims, of their choice, made by these beings that they are from other STAR SYSTEMS indicates to me a total departure from true critical analysis and a complete lack of any discernment as to what is the truth and what's masquerading as it!!

It also shows to me that you are believing what you want to believe and that all of those so-called UFO researchers and writers out there have been catering to the popular opinion of this ETH demographic by slanting everything they write about on these topics so that it's in agreement with this hypothesis... and laughing all the way the bank while they're doing so!

But it doesn't have to be this way and it's only going to change when the prevailing sentiment that exists in this forum switches from the adherence of only one hypothesis, the one promoted by those writers out there who profit from it to those who engage in honest unbiased research and investigation of this phenomenon who are cognizant of the need to explore several of those other theories out there too! Until we start doing that, there will be no true advancement in this field and the truth will continue to evade us. Of this I can assure you!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Palasheea
Well, going by the assumption that by "aliens", the OP meant "ET's", no, I am NOT 100% sure that we have been or are being visited by ET's because they may, for example, in fact be native to our own planet!

I've tried to make that point over and over again. Sadly, the vast majority wants to, or needs to, make these events the result of off-world visitors. It can't be said often enough.....these events may just as likely be natural phenomena that we are unable to understand at the present time. I compare it to ancient peoples not understanding why volcanoes erupted, or the tides came and went....eventually, study and reflection revealed the sources of these natural events.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Mr. Penny, there's no doubt about it that at least some of those phenomena out there are as you say they are and heck... maybe ALL of it is but we don't know that yet. But are we talking about this and other theories out that that NEED to be discussed here? NO; and I agree that this needs to be changed.

But I can't see that happening here because too many members are stuck on their sci-fi fantasies and this is very unfortunate.

I look forward to a truly serious, educated and COMPREHENSIVE ongoing discussion on the ET and UFO phenomenon but at the rate it's going now, it seems like hell will freeze over until that ever happens!

PS -- hope someone will start up a new thread on that viewpoint you mentioned here Mr. Penny and in the meantime, I will continue researching it.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by Palasheea]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
ive never seen anything alike, but i belive that there is something out their, if u look on the old church windows ( type it up on the net or something ) you will see UFO's. also in caves like it has already been brough up.

i personally think that aliens created us, and are helping us advance or something, like when we see them (UFO's) they are checking up on us as if a mother and son relationship. no-body knows exacly how it all started... there are LOADS of ways... e.g. big bang, adam and eve, evolution, aliens, ect

reply what u think on my though

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by josh g
ive never seen anything alike, but i belive that there is something out their, if u look on the old church windows ( type it up on the net or something ) you will see UFO's. also in caves like it has already been brough up.

i personally think that aliens created us, and are helping us advance or something, like when we see them (UFO's) they are checking up on us as if a mother and son relationship. no-body knows exacly how it all started... there are LOADS of ways... e.g. big bang, adam and eve, evolution, aliens, ect

reply what u think on my though

Hi josh g!

What you are saying in your first paragraph is true to a certain extent that there are objects seen in the sky of such artistic renderings that are somewhat reminiscent of UFOs; but these are only based on personal observations and spurious conjectures at best as it's clear that we all view and interpret things differently. This said though, it's interesting material nonetheless that's worthy of serious research and investigation.

As for your statements in your second paragraph, there's no harm in speculative conversations, based on the premise that "ETs" are here, but that's all they are... conversations generated by creative thought.

But as I was saying before, I think our time would be more well spent if we instead focused on what exactly is the actual true nature of these phenomena! And I think it's high time that members here do their own research on these topics and not be so reliant on those conclusions reached by those UFO book writers out there who have, for the most part, already proven to us that they are extremely biased toward the almighty dollar and NOT the truth!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nohup

Well, of course you would, particularly if they (whoever or whatever they are) made you believe that it was. Most of what we believe is a result of what we experience, or at least what we think we experience. I'm sure you believe that is what happened. That's the catch. How can any of us know what the reality of a situation is, particularly if our minds are obviously being manipulated?

I would assume this points to religious experience as well. Your point has been thought of and I believe anything not from what I, or we, know is alien. In that the alien could be an angel, demon or an energy field interacting with in the mind, is plausible since what ever controls our duty in life refuses to show itself.

Fortunately, the alien experience is quite popular and seems to be picking up pace from people reporting such things occurring in there lives. One must decide if the story is true, and if true how do you prove it to those who never experienced an event such as this. All I can do is tell you; the rest is up to you to decide for yourself.

Edit: had to ad an end block to the quote.

[edit on 5-4-2008 by WorldShadow]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I have seen them and photographed them and have no doubt that they are in our midst.ufos

They are on the first page of my website.

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by rachel07
I have seen them and photographed them and have no doubt that they are in our midst.ufos

They are on the first page of my website.

Hi rachel!
Intriguing photos! Could you tell us more about them especially the Norwich one? Wow! that one's pretty amazing!

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo2012
I have seen things before that i cant explain, a black triangle moving silently, 2 disks chasing each other in daylight, a strange light performing very very quick movements, and yet no one can say that they are definitly ufos.

UFO= unidentified flying object. The fact you do not know what the object is automatically classifies it under the ufo umbrella. It may have been f-117s, B-2s, fying monkeys from uranus or president bush flying in a cia plane.

Originally posted by neo2012
I want to believe, and have done in the past, but the longer this drags the less likely it is to be true.
With all the technology we possess we still cant come up with 100% proof

Why do people *want* to believe instead of wanting to learn? Sounds
like your saying I want to learn but I am too lazy to google ufo pictures/videos/testimonials so I rather accept the status quo. You will never learn anything that way!

[edit on 5-4-2008 by EarthCitizen07]

posted on Apr, 5 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Believing or learning - what's the difference?

Whether we have been vistied by aliens or not does not make any difference to the majority of the population. Is lack of awareness ignorance or just a lack of evidence, or the fact that people have more important things happening in their lives?

The whole ufo thing has been debunked from day one for a reason - 'project mogul' has been interpreted as a classified russian nuclear spy listening device to a 'ufo crash landing' and the ubiquitious 'weather balloon'. There's now three options for the typical sceptic, and we haven't even begun to understand yet. View the 'Physics of Waves: True story of Roswell, no really - 3 of 3' on Youtube and then listen to someone telling you that it was an actual ufo crash landing or vice versa.

Is this lecturer lying - or are 200+ eye witnesses in Roswell lying? Who knows the FACTS!

I'm still 50/50.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join