It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hillary Clinton has lost the democratic nomination

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Several political observers (most recently Karl Rove) in U.S. has calculated that Clinton assumably needs 98% of the votes in the 535 delegations from the primary elections that remains.

After milions of votes, the nomination-process has lead to victory for Barack Obama.

But Rove has also calculated and drawn the conclusion everyone agrees on: Obama wont get the 2025 delegates needed to win the nomination automaticly. Therefore they are both dependent on the so called superdelegates - the partys elite - to decide it all.

IF they decide to go with Clinton regardless of Obamas lead in given votes and delegates, the entire nominationprocess could be done meaningless, and lead to great disorder in the party. Yet this is what the Clinton-campaign is going for, especialy since the superdelegates that haven`t announced who they support seems unwilling to embrace Obama until the process is done.

A small oppertunity still excists for a dramatic finish.

But why do most people think the nominations are quite even?

Is this way to run a democracy expedient?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I recently heard a reference to the Clinton campaign as a "Murder suicide", which I found to be a pretty appropriate discription. It will be shocking if Clinton can somehow swing the vote and win against all odds. Many people will be outraged and highly suspicious.

I am not thrilled with Obama, but the thought of having to choose between Clinton and McCain makes me ill.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Sweet, sweet irony.

2004 anyone?

One has won the popular vote, but is loosing in the electoral vote. One has one the electoral vote but has lost the popular vote.

Sweet, sweet irony.

Strange (total sarcasm), not a single hint from my fellow liberal posters that someone is trying to "steal" the election!

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This whole big fight bewteen Obama and Clinton is a show, to keep the media attention on them and away from McCain. This whole thing is the deliberate strategy of the Democratic party. The choice has already been made. Hillary Clinton will be the next President of the United States.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
She needs first to win the Democratic Party nomination for President. And her shot at getting it is slowly slipping away. To get it, she needs to come on like a bull in a china shop to overcome the lead that Barrack Obama has over her. A lot of the Super Delgates are even leaning his way. And some Senators and members of the House of Representatives have urged her to withdraw from the nominations process for the sake of the Party. I myself don't think she should, because she still has a shot. Even Barrack Obama sys he doesn't want her to withdraw. I think that makes him not only a classy individual, but politically savvy, too. I say this because Barrack Obama knows he will need Hillary's supporters to vote for him in November if he turns out to be the actual Democratic Party candidate for President.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Ahh but really now does anyone really think Karl (Gobbaels) Rove is an unbiased commentator?

He may be right but even if he is he has his own agenda in making any commentary about the Democratic race.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by

I don't know what it is about jackinthebox's avatar, but it's making me woozy...

Clinton seems to be running out of cash. I wish her luck, but it doesn't look good. If it is a fix, then the talking up of Clinton regarding Pennsylvania fits in with the theory. I can see it now...

Really politics in America makes me puke. CNN has ling since vanished up its back end, talking for hours on end about total non-issues in the campaign. It's like the superbowl. They need to make a close finish to keep people watching.

posted on Apr, 4 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
rizla reaffirms what I already knew about presidential races--they are like watching a championship sporting event!

Imagine, the media curtails to the basic instinct of the rivalry between two candidates, which can easily be replaced with any sporting team and it would still gather the same emotional response.

Except this presidential race, unlike most sporting events, is rigged.

top topics

join