It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Tosses Whites Out Of Court.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

It's a touchy subject. Even though I'm clearly defending a black man, someone called me a bigot because I stated that most people look at race first.

People get offended way too easily, which is in my opinion, the biggest reason racism still exists. Not out of hate anymore, but confusion and tension.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by Quazga

There is nothing racist about this. The man simply wanted to speak one on one as a black man to the black public.

Then the black judge should resign from being a judge and write a dang book and join Wright behind a pulpit! He is there to JUDGE cases not PREACH to a select minority! Give me a big fat break!

If a WHITE judge did this................all hell would break loose...and anyone who denies that lives their life blind and in denial.

The race hypocracy is sickening and just plain ridiculous.
It is getting old and needs to STOP.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by greeneyedleo]

But a white judge didn't do this. And you shouldn't judge one mans actions based on what might happen if it were another man.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

He doesn't have to have a case befor him in order to be judge sitting at his bench. Hes a judge in his chambers making calls. But a judge is on duty 24/7 like a sheriff. and the barr can discpline him on any action they see fit to. They have that power as a commity.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You completely skipped over the most important parts of my post.

Who is/are the victim(s)?
How was it biased (since he didn't kick out just any one race, or have anyone one race stay specifically)?
Can you prove his state of mind and intent?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Watch the video again he did say he wants all whites to leave the court room. And the victim would be like in any case the people vs.

To be brought up befor the barr for complaints doesn't require a criminal charge. They do cases on conduct unbecoming. And if they rule your law liscence is gone your gone. Skooter Libby Bush's buddy lost his even though Bush gave have clemency.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by JBA2848]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

As far as I'm aware, he dismissed ALL lawyers and that's it. That's the quote I saw. Do you have a different one? Seriously, just wondering.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You watch the video and the news broadcaster quotes him as saying all but the blacks leave and also saying all whites must leave. There was no video from in the court room so the news reprter quotes what hes says.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Okay, apparently there is some confusion then that will need to be sorted out. I guess there are always two sides. Here's the judges:

News Article

ATLANTA -- Judge Marvin Arrington insists he's not a racist; despite ordering white lawyers out of his courtroom on Thursday.

The Fulton County Superior Court judge said he was just fed up seeing a parade of young black defendants in his courtroom.

"I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.

And he did not dismiss any defendants, so there were still some non-black defendants. Also, he only dismissed lawyers, not other employees of the court.

Was there a stenographer? I'm sure there has to be a court transcript somewhere. Perhaps that will clear up what was said.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, the news can't be entirly trusted becaus they spin stories. Instead of motsly white lawyers we have all whites period.
Unforunatley, the judge also can' be entirly trusted either, since he may be trying to patch up his mistake. So, we'll need a good impartial source, or a source that should be biased against the judge, yet supports his statments, ot the newscaster's.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Yeah, I think a court transcript is in order before any real desicions are made. Can't burn someone at the stake when the whole story isn't known.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Been looking for a new source but I haven't been able to find one, but the young guy that was in his court room even said he told all whites to leave. And I guess if your a reporter a judge says show me in a good way with this story you would lean toward giving him a good reveiw. But I guess we can wait til next week we he gives his speech to everybody.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Unfortunately, folks on here don't wait for the entire story. Mot of them have their minds made after reading the title. But yes, hopefully a court transcript will be made available. I actually hope he comes out alright, something like this needs to get press, maybe get people to actually see race as more than just racism.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   

I still feel as though he had great intentions but he just failed in the way he did it. I can't see him being fired but it would be nice of him to patch things a little. Keep silent and he should go the way of Imus.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 19DCW71

The victim. The entire white race.Yes there is a victim.

Wow. I am a victim? Really?

I am white and all I see is a judge that chose to speak to the people who needed the speech the most and were the people with whom he could most relate.

Racism is no longer the trump card it used to be because all sides have trivialized it so frequently, that it has become no more than political posturing and a bandwagon for those who want to divide people, not unite them.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

I agree. I can't seem to find any transcripts posted anywhere. It appears the news agencies fail again.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

"I didn't want them to think I was talking down to them; trying to embarrass them or insult them; be derogatory towards them and I was just saying 'Please get yourself together,'" he said.

This judge is an idiot who obviously has some kind of twisted stereotypical view of white people. He's trying to pass it off like some kind of anti-racist.

But that's the point you hit right there "twisted sterotypical view". The problem is you completely missed who has that twisted view. It's not the judge but the defendants and he was absolutely right. So in order to get past that barrier of stupidity he removed the excuse i.e. white people being present.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ts117

Originally posted by 19DCW71
reply to [url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread345873/pg4#pid4186057].

Wow. I am a victim? Really?

For starters you know what you can do w/your sarcasm,right?

I am white and all I see is a judge that chose to speak to the people who needed the speech the most and were the people with whom he could most relate.

How did he consider he could most relate? Did he see himself as a criminal or because he was black. How does he know the lawyers couldn't relate?

Racism is no longer the trump card it used to be because all sides have trivialized it so frequently, that it has become no more than political posturing and a bandwagon for those who want to divide people, not unite them.

Never once did I insinuate that I dislike a person or people because of their race.I am honestly not offended by this.I just want everyone to be held accountable for their actions and upheld to the same standards that everyone else is expected to be upheld to.

Just remember one thing.If the situation was turned around you KNOW what the outcome would be.It would be a major issue under scrutiny from everyone and their mother with sympathizers to fuel the fire.Fact of the matter is this. He's supposed to be a professional and it's a public building so basically he has no right to ask anyone to leave so he can have personal discussions.if he felt so compelled to get through to them he could have went down to the dungeons in the basement of the court were they will be for an upwards of 10 + hours waiting for a bus to be taken to county and made his plea.They know he was putting on a show talking B/S and putting himself on a pedestal/ Either way he should know better and how it was going to look.

And as for victim.I have a little saying."Christian,American and Caucasion.The worlds most hated species.We are hated by the world for being one of the 3. When terrorists fuel their hate of America they see white men. When the racial scrutiny is rampant through media,it's against the white man. Yes, White man.You can come from the same background,same street, same ghetto and still somehow are seen as if you are the cause of someones downfall and are in the same boat.I didnt
create this.The people in jail blaming the white man made their own destiny.

You truly need to get an African American friend and have open discusssions with him about reality.

You keep believing white people aren't being made examples of.Look at the loser Spitzer who I believe deserves plenty of jail time considering he prosecuted people for the same crime.He was canned.

What about David patterson.He should be canned too.He was having affairs for years also.Hypocritical. Since when is it ok to have immoral people running our country and people accepting it as ok?
And yes, patterson did committ a crime.

Section 255.17 Adultery
A person is guilty of adultery when he engages in sexual intercourse with another person at a time when he has a living spouse, or the other person has a living spouse.
Adultery is a class B misdemeanor.

Section 260.10 Endangering the welfare of a child
A person is guilty of endangering the welfare of a child when:
1. He knowingly acts in a manner likely to be injurious to the physical, mental or moral welfare of a child less than seventeen years old or directs or authorizes such child to engage in an occupation involving a substantial risk of danger to his life or health; or
Endangering the welfare of a child is a class A misdemeanor.

It's time to wake up to reality and stop beleiving the little fantasy the media has brainwashed into you.

[edit on 2-4-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Put the shoe on the other side for once. if it was a white judge. asking if all blacks would leave the courtroom. what would happen? most of us knows what would happen. if this was the case. same thing should happen to him.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by St0mP121

About 10 other people who underanalysed the situation have said that already.

It's not relevant unless you lay the terms of why the white judge asked the black people to leave. Plus, until we get a transcript, we don't know what exactly the judge said. We have no idea if he said, "I want the whigh lawyers to leave the room" or if he just said, "All of the lawyers leave the room".

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well most other cultures have suffered the tyranny of European caucasian colonialism for many centuries. It looks like the white race is now suffering at the hands of the global community for at least the past 25 years or so. Even worse in Europe

Gives them a few more centuries and they'll call it even. It probably sucks when your group is obviously being trageted, but then again, now you know how it feels dont ya?

Let us hope your children will not have to suffer as the children of the past generations did under their oppression.

Frankly, I agree the judge's actions was inappropriate, but I will just go with the flow. I wasnt there, I was not affected, therefore I don't care.

Trust me people of the "white" race, or whatever, this kind of stuff will dissapear in the next two - three generations anyways on ALL sides.

I am 22 years old, I hang out with all kinds of nationalities, ethnicities, and religions. As far as I can tell from my generation, people in my age group dont really give a damn about race and find it irrelevant. Yes there are some, but overall, it is mostly absent. Their children will grow up not even considering race make any kind of difference between human beings, just as many do now.

Overall, the players still holding any kind of race card or grudge against any particular race, regardless of which race it is, is limited to the older generation as far as numbers go. The youngs ones who do are typically children of those same prejudice individuals.

Its pretty much over. Thins like this do not happen all the time just because the media repots every case. Every case of bird flu gets reported, but that does not man it is infecting the planet.

Most of these cases are seperated between thousands of miles and millions of people, with lapses in time. It just shows that the older generation is still at it, but also that it is mostly dissapearing.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join