It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge Tosses Whites Out Of Court.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Biggest bunch of overreactors on this thread.

Look, if you have a conspiracy theory that he didn't really say "What are you people doing with your lives", but really said, "Look, the white man is holding us down, that's why we need to...", then okay.

But otherwise, if you believe the Judge has been honest about what he said... who cares!?!

This is actually an effective way to counsil. A psychologist, for instance, may ask the parents to leave the room when getting down to real business with their child.

Can someone please explain what part of this was racist? Who was he being racist to? The lawyers? "OMG, poor lawyers didn't get to hear the black people get chastised."

Who do you feel bad for in this case? Who was the "victim"?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

Originally posted by Quazga

Actually, that is exactly what happens in highschools. Boys are asked to leave while the girls are talked to about their periods etc.

It makes total sense. There was no snickering behind the boys backs. It was simply required to speak to a target audience.

I don't kick out either side since I want both boys and girls understand together on various issues. For example sex, drugs, alcohol, etc. I let boys understand what girls are facing when dealing with their period and they are to be taken seriously, otherwise I WILL have a discussion with any of the students outside in the hall if making inappropriate remarks on the issue.

I think we are talking about two different things here. Yes sex-ed was always taught in a co-ed fashion at my school. However, the discussion about pap smears periods and other blatantly female hygenic things were discussed after the boys left so as to avoid serious embarassment for the girls.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

No disrespect to you so I hope this doesn't come off the wrong way.

The point is that we have a double standard when it comes to other races and religions.The African American community will stick together on such trivial issues just to further their cause.Yet our white community doesn't stick together when it comes to these situations. Maybe we have better things to do than cause mass controversy over such useless areas of life.

This personally doesn't bother me but what does bother me is that if the shoe was on the other foot they would be crying nationally on media and the world would react and side with them.

I think it's time for whites to have protests and marches.Oh, I forgot that would be racist.It's time to make laws that apply to everyone equally.I personally am sick of THE RACE CARD that is played daily like a game of poker.

Sympathy seekers looking for a free ride.What a pathetic way to obtain anything.They should actually be ashamed.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

See you are bringing up a whole other subject. Yes, blacks are privy to some things that whites aren't, and it's a double standard.

This is not that subject. No one was hurt by this. Can you name anyone who is a victim? I can't.

There is a difference between what you are bringing up and this case.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think Judge Arrington is rather presumptous trying to preach virtue and nonviolence to members of the black community, when he himself brings baseball bats into the courtroom to threaten defendants.. He should lead by example. Can you say hypocrisy?

[edit on 4/1/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   

How do you figure it's different.It all comes down to a race issue.You can't go running around ranting and raving then do the same that you complain about.It makes them a bunch of hypocrites.

All the lawyers have to do is say they took offense.See how easy it really is? Isn't that what they would do? Who knows,maybe they did take offense but were big enough to be understanding.I personally take offense to the whole subject of race because I'm white and always being blamed.It affects the race relations in real life (where I interact) not just in papers and on tv.

You can't honestly say that if 2 black lawyers were asked to leave it wouldn't be an issue.And yes this does apply to this topic because it's a race related issue.

What I take even more offense to is people of my race that just shrug it off as if it's not a big deal and side with them (more fuel to the fire). It is a big deal.You know why? Because if there's no marching or rioting it's seen as a weakness and will just continue to escalate on their end.They believe and teach their people that white people are weak and afraid of them yet they wanted to be treated fairly and equally in a civil manner for which I believe everyone should be treated.

Which leads us to the fact that the same actions should be taken when the shoes on the other foot.It's only appropriate.

The victim. The entire white race.Yes there is a victim.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by 19DCW71]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by 19DCW71

Really? You're a victim because the black judge wanted to tell a bunch of black kids that they need to clean up their lives in private? You want some bread with that whine?

If a white judge asked blacks to leave so he could tell a bunch of white people that blacks are equal and need to be treated fairly... I don't think any blacks would be too upset about that.

*Edit:

He asked everyone else to leave so that way it has a deeper effect on the people he was speaking to. It makes a big difference when the person knows that they are the one being spoken to.

Honestly, you need to bigger problems to chew on. This isn't even a story.

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
www.dailyreportonline.com...

Then the campaign turned even uglier. When the votes were counted and Campbell and I were declared to be in a runoff, Maynard Jackson, who had been a mentor to Campbell, went on television and said that a vote for me for mayor would “set the clock back” on civil rights progress in Atlanta. The comment enraged me. This went way beyond politics. Maynard was impugning my name publicly in the worst possible way.

Maynard Jackson had no idea what I had done for the civil rights movement. He was not even in Atlanta when I marched behind Julian Bond, Lonnie King, and others through our city's streets. He was not here at the height of the movement when we, the college students, forced city restaurants to integrate.

Perhaps he did not remember that I was one of the two men who integrated Emory Law School. And maybe he forgot that I was primarily responsible for integrating the Atlanta Water Works, or that I worked to get Muhammad Ali back into the boxing ring in Atlanta, or that I raised the money for the statue of Hank Aaron at the stadium.

But he could not have forgotten how, as mayor, he later built on the foundation we had laid and, with my help and the help of other African-American city councilmen, we led Atlanta into a new era of race relations. I stood with him through those years, as his floor leader in the city council, building coalitions to ensure that the African-American agenda succeeded.

In subsequent years, we differed, sometimes publicly, on matters of policy, but our relationship took a decidedly nasty turn when Maynard went on television that night in November 1997. Continuing with his vicious racial attack, he called white people who supported my campaign “Lester Maddox types.” Maddox is the former Georgia governor, who, as a restaurant owner before his political career, once barred black people from entering his restaurant.

So looks like his been in the spot light befor on this kind of issue. He sounds like the kind of guy whos playing politics from behind the bench. And wouldn't surprise me to see more coming up in the future with this guy.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

There's a big difference between him slandering another public official as "taking a step back in progress" in comparison with him asking lawyers and others to leave the room while he has a private discussion with defendants.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   

I beg to differ.Someone would be offended and if they weren't they would say they were to cause the controversy and get their 15 min of fame.

And I am a victim. I have an Illegal immigrant taking me to court saying he broke his leg working for me. I don't own a business but it took me over a year to resolve this issue.He should of first been dealt with for committing his crime.

I have a sikh indian claiming I punched him and that it's race related.Don't even know this guy but I'm facing up to 15 years for a false claim. I put my faith in the Lord and I'm innocent, but the system is very messed up so what happens if I'm convicted of something I didn't do?

See where I'm going? Because they started the race card game,it has flowed over into every other race manipulating this game and even if proven innocent I still had to waste time and 10's of thousands of dollars defending myself.

All because people like you want to shrug it off.I hope that one day you get to see what it's like from the other side and realize why this has a profound affect on the white race.

Just to clarify things,I don't drink,smoke or use drugs. I'm a husband and father of 3 who works and spends time only with his family. I litteraly associate with no more of my friends because family is all that matters. And I was born and raised in Queens,NY so I have lived in the melting pot and see first hand the effects of reverse discrimination if you will.

Yeah,I'm the victim

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:07 PM
link   
May I bring up one other point:

The only person that really brough race into it is you guys, and the media:

Source

"I came out and saw the defendants, about 99.9 percent Afro-Americans, and some point time I excused some of the lawyers, most of them white, and said to the young people in here 'What in the world are you doing with your lives,'" he told WSB-TV Channel 2 reporter JaQuitta Williams.

So, let's review:

• The only people he excused were lawyers
  • Not all of the lawyers were white (an assumption made by everyone I'm sure)
  • There was apparently at least 1 white defendant remaining (the .1% of defendants that was white) as he did not excuse any defendants, only lawyers

You say that black people would be mad if a white judge did something similar. Maybe.

More importantly, would you? Would you be enraged if a white judge asked black lawyers to leave so that he could explain to everyone that racism towards black was not tolerable?

If not, blacks aren't the only "hypocrites" around here.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Using his words the room was 99.9% afro american. SO why tell the .1% to leave. He thought they might riot and attack the .1% of others in the room because he wanted to give them the racial speech he hasn't got to give in a while. He knows his words would provoke a problem among the people present like they have done in the past. But I guess he has security and a baseball bat and the justice system to defend his actions no matter how provacative the were.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

Oh you know what his frame of mind was?

I didn't know you were psychic. My bad.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If you're having any difficulty decieding if this is racist, just imagine if a white judge asked all the blacks in the courtroom to leave so the white people could discuss the case.

The judge should immediately be removed from the bench.

Racists have no right to be judges.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Let's get something straight. This guy is supposed to be a professional.He should know this is controversy and as someone stated before he should've spoken with them in his chambers or in private.

I answered your question I believe in an earlier post. I personally am not outraged.I'm honestly not even offended.

The issue is what it'll always be.RACE. We will NEVER have racial harmony.EVER.Anyone that believes it's possible is blind.I honestly don't have a problem with people. I treat every man according to how he acts. I would like the same in return.If everyone would stop playing race we could get back to treating each individual crime.The way it should be.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You don't really have to be a psychic to get the idea of what was going on just have to read some of the articles with quotes of his own words or maybe watch the two videos. And im still not saying his heart wasn't in the right place just he went about this the wrong way. and defending the way he did it is ignorance.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildbob77

Wow, that's not even what happened. Read.

reply to post by 19DCW71

That's true with everyone. You know why blacks think all whites look alike, whites think all asians look alike, and so forth? Because most people look at race before anything else.

So when a white guy sees a black guy for instance, they think, "He's black" and go no further. Whereas if they saw a white guy, they wouldn't distinguish him as white so they have to look for other features.

Expecting people to not think about race 50 years after the civil rights movement is a bit hasty, don't ya think?

Do you expect Jews to feel comfortable around Germans? They probably should, but I certainly wouldn't blame them if they didn't.

link   
It is not the same AT ALLL ... But the answer is ... Yes .. depending on age ... I took baths with my sister or atleast I saw pictures of it .. .hahaha .. Don't really recall to many memories .. from before I was 4!

Originally posted by ben91069
reply to post by Deus_Brandon

Brandon, would you teach your son how to stand up and pee into the toilet in front of your daughters?

It's the same as that. Yes, there is a difference in culture, but that is something that makes us unique and should be cherished, not frowned upon as being cast out of society.

link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

You don't really have to be a psychic to get the idea of what was going on just have to read some of the articles with quotes of his own words or maybe watch the two videos. And im still not saying his heart wasn't in the right place just he went about this the wrong way. and defending the way he did it is ignorance.

This is a true statment.I also beleive his intentions were good but if your going to prosecute and persucute everyone for their actions,the same must apply.Especially when he should have known better.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   
What you need to learn ... is a PRESIDENT may be IMPEACHED why the hell not a judge ???

ANOTHER LESSON THAT MAY HELP YOU IN LIFE ... BE ACCOUTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS ..........

Originally posted by Quazga

You don't understand that the judge own's his courtroom not the public. The judicial branch is not accountable to the electorate. It was created this way on purpose.

People need to be educated on the fact that the three branches of government are all different, yet United. People need to learn that Judges are there to "Interpret the law".

The people do not own the courtoom. The judge does not work for you, thats why we call them Your Honor. And a Judge can hold anyone in contempt for anything, even a smirk.

The Judge has supreme power in his court. And the only person who can overturn or censure a Judge's decision is another judge in a higher court.

Deny Ignorance!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join