It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get off my bus, I need to pray

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by khunmoon

Originally posted by NWOmaskedman
Lmao off first off it says white people cant be muslim in the kuran something about white devils but um sure muslims why not

Can somebody translate this into English, please.

Impossible because it doesn't excist haha. And when a white person converts to islam, all the muslims tell each other about it like a nice story. So it's definetly welcome haha.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   

(62) And (remember, O Children of Israel) when We made a covenant with you and caused the mount to tower above you, (saying): Hold fast that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein, that ye may ward off (evil). (63) Then, even after that, ye turned away, and if it had not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy ye had been among the losers. (64) And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated! (65) And We made it an example to their own and to succeeding generations, and an admonition to the God-fearing.

www.quranexplorer.com...
I know there is more than this where they claim those of isreal are apes and will be for generations to come.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   

(220) Wed not idolatresses till they believe; for lo! a believing bondwoman is better than an idolatress though she please you; and give not your daughters in marriage to idolaters till they believe, for lo! a believing slave is better than an idolater though he please you. These invite unto the Fire, and Allah inviteth unto the Garden, and unto forgiveness by His grace, and expoundeth His revelations to mankind that haply they may remember.

Imagine what people would say if preacher started saying this in christian churchs,

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Why is there a niggle of doubt in my mind over the entire reported story in order to ferment a cultural divide? The Sun has been known for it's jinoistic sabre-rattling before, and also for it's far less than accurate reportage

The 'bystander video footage' could just have well been filmed on one of the buses standing staionary in the depot, there are no other visual or audible clues that it actually was stopped on the street

...this is a conspiracy board afterall, eh?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848

(62) And (remember, O Children of Israel) when We made a covenant with you and caused the mount to tower above you, (saying): Hold fast that which We have given you, and remember that which is therein, that ye may ward off (evil). (63) Then, even after that, ye turned away, and if it had not been for the grace of Allah and His mercy ye had been among the losers. (64) And ye know of those of you who broke the Sabbath, how We said unto them: Be ye apes, despised and hated! (65) And We made it an example to their own and to succeeding generations, and an admonition to the God-fearing.

www.quranexplorer.com...
I know there is more than this where they claim those of isreal are apes and will be for generations to come.

Where in the heck can you get "white people cannot be Muslim" from this, or your second excerpt. For Crying out loud, I barely even understand what these excerpts mean, but they certainly do not imply anything about restrictions based on race.

In any case, Muslim or no Muslim, I would have refused to get off that bus, and made damn sure he understood I will not accept a public works service associate just jack up my schedule which I paid for.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by DYepes

I didn't make the commit about whites not being allowed. I just put the post up I did cause its the only thing I find where a race is singled out. And I put a link up on that page to the web site I used for the translation from the quran.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 11:19 PM
link   
He is more than likely a self-proclaimed convert, and doesn't really understand the whole prayer issue. I've seen the same thing in jails, treatment centers, etc. Sometimes they do it to gain special concessions, but most of the time just to be different.

You can't blame all Muslims for this guys inappropriate behavior. I wouldn't have rode on this man's bus either though.

[edit on 3/31/08 by LLoyd45]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith
Why is there a niggle of doubt in my mind over the entire reported story in order to ferment a cultural divide? The Sun has been known for it's jinoistic sabre-rattling before, and also for it's far less than accurate reportage

As far as I'm aware the sun is renowned for having the writing style of a primary school pupil and mindless celebrity gossip. As far as I know it hasn't been accused of making up stories before. They wouldn't be able to fake a story like this anyway as imagine how many people work for the London bus company that could easily discredit the story by saying "I've never seen this man in my life.".

In my opinion I think people should be able to practice any religious belief that they want, but that their religious practices should not effect, in any way, other people who might believe something differently. In this case the man concerned shouldn't be a bus driver if he is so worried about missing his prayers.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Like the people on the bus I wouldn't have got back on that bus either. Personally I think the guy should be fired. If your unable to do your job due to personal matters than its your personal problem of finding a new job.

I think this is a screwy tale of discrimination. We don't know exactly how the
bus driver requested people to get off of the bus, if he asked, told, shouted, whatever, we don't know. Then, he prays (OH NOEZ LOCK HIM UP IMMEDIATELY!!). So since these Brits are so terrorized, and have such a problem with Muslims, they refused to get on the bus out of fear that the bus driver was a terrorist. This is the icing on the cake, pray and you are a terrorist! If he was a terrorist and wanted to blow the bus up, would he tell everyone to get off the bus for a minute so he can pray? Makes no sense right?

Personally I think he should've got off of the bus and prayed on the side of the road. Then, a whole armada of squad cars could've rolled up and surrounded the bus, lol ..

[edit on 4/1/2008 by runetang]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 06:30 AM
link   
This issue is actually exactly what the movie Fitna is about.

If islamization of society begins with acceptance of such disruptions to public works, where does it end?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
This story reminds me of a rather sketchy train journey I had a few months after the attacks on the tube. I was on a train into London,on a busy saturday afternoon, packed train and that.I noticed a Muslim guy,the spitting image of what the scabloid newspapers had told me to look out for. Asian men,mid twenties,heavy jackets and a rucksack. This fella had all this,but he was also praying from his Koran. He seemed to be fixated on the same page,and he was chanting to himself from the same page,for the whole 35 minute train journey.

people were moving down the carriages,there was an exlusion zone all round this bloke. Now,i was sat very close to him,and although I was thinking "um,is we about to go bang" I didn't move (prehaps I should have,would you have done?),I thought it might have been just some muslim dude on the wind up.I know i'd be well tempted to do something like that if my whole culture was being slandered in such ways.Now, he didn't explode,there were no attacks that day,but it just goes to show how much we've been affected by mainstream media and their stance on muslim fundamentaism. Cos I don't mind saying,my heart was a pounding,and i said to myself,well if this is it,then this is it. Afterwards,I felt sorry for the guy,but then i thought,naah,he knew exactly what he was doing,just friggin up these stupid honkeys. And i can't blame him.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   

it just goes to show how much we've been affected by mainstream media

I think people would have the same reaction, if a few years ago there was a "funny acting irish guy" on the train too! Its not the media saying "hate muslims!" or anything like that - youre basically just afraid of the group who are currently trying to blow you up, so anyone who looks / sounds like they could be one... youll fear. And thats fair enough in my opinion.

As for the bus driver... I recently had an interview with First Bus here in Scotland, and they clearly explained to me their working practice and what they expect from me. So if your personal life was going to interfere with your job, youd know fine well you couldnt accept the job..

I dont see why special arrangements should be allowed for Muslims, afterall I have to work every so often on a Sunday!

[edit on 1/4/08 by dawa]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:25 AM
link   
We wouldnt get terrified of seeing an Irishman in the streets during the time of the IRA, yet we are afraid of islamic terrorism... why is that I wonder?

Was it because the IRA used to telephone in their bomb locations to the police? Or is it because the nature of suicide bombing is so degenerate and cowardly, targeted towards civilians that causes us fear?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
Or is it because the nature of suicide bombing is so degenerate and cowardly, targeted towards civilians that causes us fear?

Suicide bombing does not target civilians.

It targets perceived corrupt institutions. The suicide bomber attempts (often for a third party) to instil fear of association with certain industries, policing groups, high ranking individuals, or political bodies because an underground religious or environmental leadership figure has deemed the targeted institution a public hazard which, in their opinion, claims more lives each year than the number that would be lost to a "terror" bombing that could potentially eliminate the institution, or at least give their grass-roots-supporting-public a belief that the institution can be overcome.

Need I cite that or can you tell by reading that it is a more truthful definition of the purpose of a suicide bomber than your own politicized jargon. Degenerate.

If you really want to talk about targeting civilians... we could discuss the 9:1 ratio of civilians to "insurgents" that the coalition supposedly isn't targeting with their 1000lb bombs. But then I think we'd be just as far off the subject matter at hand as you have taken us, with your rhetorical question.

get off my bus, I need to

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

What "institution" did the terrorist acts of 9/11 and 7/7 target?

They were designed to maximise civilian fatality. They are cowardly in nature because of the intentions of the bombers... which is to kill civilians.

The IRA on the other hand, used to telephone the police after laying a bomb somewhere so that the civilians could be evacuated.

Hence the words of an old gentleman in London responding to islamic terrorism "Ive been blown up by a better kind of bastard than this".

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I ,being a christian would never be allowed to do this. What happened to seperation of church and state.Don't get me wrong, if you want to pray or do whatever your faith calls for ,by allmeans do it but you should be subject to all the laws everyone else is held to. Like the Sikh Indian who was an NYPD cop.They ruled in favor of letting him wear his turban with a badge. Are turbans the new look of the NYPD? I know sikhs aren't muslim,just using it as an example.

As far as I'm concerned,the man made laws governing this world are discriminating against me for being a Christian.Follower of my Lord,Jesus Christ. All these other religions get special privelages at the mention of their faith.I personally believe and know they use it to their personal gain.This is basically a modern day crusade being executed in a legal arena by manipulating laws.Has't anyone noticed America's being overun lately?

Last time I checked we had laws in place and people have to abide by them. How come it is that everyone gets special privelages? Know what sickens me more? God forbid anyone mentions muhammed,the world goes topsy turvy and riots ensue,showing these people have absolutely no self control. Yet, I can't watch a tv show without Christ being mocked or ridiculed on a daily basis.This is why I know all the more that Christ is the savior because the masses mock him and try to pursade the believers into
denying his truth.

There's only one TRUTH and the Faith I learned it from was Christianity.The truth Christ taught. LOVE.Anything that teaches anythng but LOVE is false doctrine. The true GOD doesn't teach killing and hate.

There's ONLY ONE GOD people. Wake up. We just worship him in different ways.

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

May I join you?

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen smith

Originally posted by Sri Oracle

May I join you?

Sure... but we are taking a moment of silence aboard this bus in reverence of the most high; please be bow your head.

jah love,

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by 44soulslayer
What "institution" did the terrorist acts of 9/11 and 7/7 target?

Lets see, those dates ring a bell.

I believe we are talking about the attacks on the financial towers, mass transit, war planning building, and cellular communications of big-city-corporate NYC, DC, and London.

or wait... no I'm wrong...

Those were the dates when the terrorist bombed the volunteer workers at the organic blueberry fields in rural Alabama and those tourists at the nature preserve on the Shetland Islands.

I'm still off subject answering your rhetoric. I thought we were discussing the right to pull your bus over for a prayer session.

Sri Oracle

[edit on 1-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   

www.quranexplorer.com...

Being a Muslim this is the first time i've ever heard of this. Please provide the name of the "Sura" this is taken from.
And on the matter of white people can't be muslims that's just nonsense , on of the basics of Islam is that all people from all tribes and colores are welcomed. And about Christians and Jews, the Quran always referred to them as "people of the book", and never "pigs" or "apes".

[edit on 1-4-2008 by zero_cool1990]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join