It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chakra Meditation

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
More info on the chakras from an earlier post.

Chakra 1: Muladhara (root)

Symbol: A circle surrounded by four lotus petals, with a square inside it.

Central issue: Survival, stability, acceptance, self-preservation, deep-rootedness, perception, grounding, fear and safety

Color: Red

Chakra 2: Svadhisthana (sweetness)

Symbol: A circle surrounded by five or six lotus petals.

Central issue: Sexuality, emotions, financial, creativity,

codes of honour and ethics

Color: Orange

Chakra 3: Manipura ( lustrous gem )

Symbol: A circle surrounded by ten lotus petals, and inside it a triangle

Central issue: Power, self-esteem, self-image, energy, will, responsibility

Color: Yellow

Chakra 4: Anahatra (unstruck)

Symbol: A circle surrounded by 12 lotus petals, and inside it a six-pointed star

Central issues: Love, unconditional love, self-love, forgiveness, relationships, intimacy, devotion, depression and loneliness

Color: Green and pink

Chakra 5: Vissudha (purification)

Symbol: A circle surrounded by 16 lotus petals, and inside it a circle, or a circle containing a triangle

Central issue: Communication, self-expression, self-discipline, speaking one's truth

Color: Blue, light blue, turquoise

Chakra 6: Ajna (to perceive)

Symbol: A circle surrounded on each side by two large lotus petals ( or a lotus with 96 petals ), and inside it a triangle

Central issue: Intuition, imagination, ability to see one's life clearly, use of the mind/intellect

Color: Indigo

Chakra 7: Sahasrara (thousand-fold)

Symbol: A lotus with thousand petals

Central issue: Awareness, spiritual search for meaning, issues of karma and grace, grace bank account, spiritual awakening, divine discontent

Color: Purple, white, gold, silver

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by CavemanDD

My freind who does the exact same job, went to a chinese doctor and the doctor told him, that because of the work he does (chair window washer).. that he has no adrenaline! He was depleted, I guess cuz he uses it up all day.

Is there any potential damage in this, and is there a natural remedy to help balance this?

Adrenalin is the flight/fight hormone. I used to get really scared at night (those damn aliens
) and Id release gallons of the stuff. Its a survival hormone designed to help you stay alive.

Imagine your a caveman
and your confronted by a massive wild animal only to find you have lost your arrows. Adrenaline will be released to give you the extra boost you need to run like hell home!

It does boost glucose levels to the brain so your correct in linking it to sugar levels.

Its secreted by the adrenal gland near your kidneys but menguards correct its your brain that controls its release via a cascade message system. The brain ultimatly controls all hormone release.

Its often injected directly into a heart thats stopped beating to get it working again quick ( Dont you remember THAT scene in pulp fiction!)

As for adrenalin depletion I have never heard of this. This would only occur if something went wrong in the whole system or the cells of the adrenal gland became faulty. I really dont think you have anything to worry about here, was this doctor qualified? A way to test this theory out would be to really scare your friend and see how he reacts. Adrenaline has a small half life so as long as we dont secrete it 24 hours a day I dont think its going to damage you in any way if you keep releasing it while hanging off your windows.

Oh thanks for all the birthday wishes. Cheers

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
This may sound strange but after reading “The Power of Now” I am finding it hard to post. Not that I don’t want to post.

I think it’s because judgment is fading in me, what I mean by this is; If I say this is right or this is wrong I am associating what I have to say with though form. E.g. I think I am right because I know I am right.

I just went into another topic and I couldn’t type anything. I wanted to give my views but what are my views if they are to judge somebody else’s views. Its puts me is a situation where “I am right” or “I am wrong” I am either trying to predict the future or trying to live in the future.

Awareness is about living in the now, not the past or future. I can only hope more people read this book, I do not see this book as a teaching. I see this book as a reminder as to what is already there.
Never in my life did I think reading something like this would have such a huge effect.

I feel really connected with my inner body (Energy Body) and meditation today was a lot more powerful than ever before. Not because I had some vision or anything like that, it’s because I was at one with myself. I became that bridge between the un-manifested and the manifested; it’s a portal to inner peace and joy, it’s a portal to being.

Anyway that’s all I can think of for now, Maybe I need a coffee

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
A good meditation exercise:
Maybe you should get balanced with your chakras, give yourself like 20 minutes of peace before going straight into this... Ok so your meditating, lightly..deeply..whatever... now, either open your eyes, fully, or a little bit, for..whatever given amount of time.. I just take a peak... Kind of observe everything and everyone you may see around you.. now close your eyes.. and remember these images..

If you see people...
Think about it this.. everything they have is in pairs... 2 eyes.. 2... legs.. 2 arms... or 2 arms for 2 legs, 2 sets of 5 fingers makes ONE.. Observe the synmetry of their face or body, which I think translates to beauty... Beauty in the balance of their traits. However, theres more to beauty then just positioning, there is a several layers, but I believe they consist of a certain balance as well.

Observe nature, plants, trees.
The arangements of leaves and branches, balanced, but random, perhaps to highlight a certain individuality. Tree trunks are round, a balanced shape, what I mean is... would it look the same to you as half-circle?.. or perhaps round on one side, and a void on the other?

Observe architecture and design of your surroundings,
note the the effort that was put into it, and chosen shape and arrangement. There are many examples of balance.

Seeing the balance is to me, seeing the beauty.. By making observating nature in its state, it helps to expand your heart. Its one thing to charge your heart chakra... or even have an over-active heart chakra.. but I feel to really, really feel love... I need to really extend its deffinition, and see that love and nature are one in the same.. 2 different words with the same being.

To say "This is somethings nature", is to say "this is somethings love" or being. You see what i'm saying? Balance exists everywhere but we are eluded to this reasoning, and we remain inbalanced inside. When you think about how imbalanced we feel inside something, or not us specifically, but everyone.. it really seems like we are lost.. or perhaps certain factors of our living conditions have damaged us in a way...Either way, our NATURE is love, our nature is BALANCE. Without it.. perhaps our body will fall in half... or the energy inside of us would polarise.. all our..electrons could dissapate or something. You see what I'm saying?

Light/ Energy is manifested by the thought, but the energy's nature is love. I'm not sure of the specifics of the process.. perhaps for every positive "thinking" there is a negative..

To deny love, is to try and bury your nature, to try and ignore it but the fact of your being is hard to dismiss when the balance is right in front of you.

Perhaps someone else has a different interpretation, and could contribute it. But this is my current one, and its spiritualy expansive for me.

Observe balance, appreciate its beauty

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Thank you Ms Green, I am no longer concerned but I don't know the correct answer. Its a matter of Eastern medicine vs Western maybe. I would have to talk to my freind. And although I trust YOU are qualified in understanding what is taught to you.. it comes back to my number 1 problem with science... its the information being taught... interpreted as correct, when it could very much be otherwise.

I am not concerned, but I feel I won't know the answer until I test it, but like I said, I am no longer concerned.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by CavemanDD

Good post once again caveman.

Yes playing the Observer is a key part of meditation. Do not just observe though forms and material forms, observe the space inbetween form. When you are in a room you have the objects around you: table, chair, lamp and so on. Then you have the 4 walls the roof and the floor. Pay attention also to the empty space inbetween form.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81
This may sound strange but after reading “The Power of Now” I am finding it hard to post. Not that I don’t want to post.

I think it’s because judgment is fading in me, what I mean by this is; If I say this is right or this is wrong I am associating what I have to say with though form. E.g. I think I am right because I know I am right.

I just went into another topic and I couldn’t type anything. I wanted to give my views but what are my views if they are to judge somebody else’s views. Its puts me is a situation where “I am right” or “I am wrong” I am either trying to predict the future or trying to live in the future.

Awareness is about living in the now, not the past or future. I can only hope more people read this book, I do not see this book as a teaching. I see this book as a reminder as to what is already there.
Never in my life did I think reading something like this would have such a huge effect.

I feel really connected with my inner body (Energy Body) and meditation today was a lot more powerful than ever before. Not because I had some vision or anything like that, it’s because I was at one with myself. I became that bridge between the un-manifested and the manifested; it’s a portal to inner peace and joy, it’s a portal to being.

Anyway that’s all I can think of for now, Maybe I need a coffee

Feel free to express your viewpoints on the matter, or of the books. I don't read much but i'm the type of reader who reads a book in no particular order... I like books that are sectioned off like that. Again, its different learning styles, like they teach you in school.... you don't take as much in from audio... but me personally, i do.. and visualy..

I like the audio, i feel the emotion in the speaking is expressed and kind of translates into an intent, or another layer of language that cannot be written.. but you understand it.

Again... I need to figure out what it is, to make me read.
.. If I am ever gunna learn physics.

Again, feel free to share even just a personal experience. (if you feel like it).. I know, I read somewhere about how meditation is supposed to be so personal, and perhaps trying to explain it is to taint it in a way. I personaly, like to hear about other peoples experiences, and throw in my own. I think it helps to understand thought.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by psycho81

Good post once again caveman.

Yes playing the Observer is a key part of meditation. Do not just observe though forms and material forms, observe the space inbetween form. When you are in a room you have the objects around you: table, chair, lamp and so on. Then you have the 4 walls the roof and the floor. Pay attention also to the empty space inbetween form.

Yes, I like to observe the distance between objects, and observe the energy and think.. am I seeing the energy of that object, or the energy infront of it? Perhaps the oxygen in the room, dancing around. The energy is without quanity and size it seems, and without any permanent location.. it is like we are floating in a sea of infinite posibility waiting to happen. Or manifest rather.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Not sure if you have read or heard of the book "The Power of Now". Shakesbeer might be able to link you to it. He has the Audio Book version

It has opened my eyes so much, not in the way of a teaching as it's something we already know "We just need reminding" the book is put into sections so it may be what you are looking for.

It's about living in the present moment and not in the past or future. Problems in the past and future can only be delt with in the "Now" The only thing we have is the "Now" and this book goes into great detail about how the ego tries to manipulate you by dwelling on the past or playing out the future.

This can draw in lots of negativity, so this book has been a great help to me, also a great help to my meditations.

[edit on 15-6-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

and think.. am I seeing the energy of that object, or the energy infront of it? Perhaps the oxygen in the room, dancing around. The energy is without quanity and size it seems, and without any permanent location.. it is like we are floating in a sea of infinite posibility waiting to happen. Or manifest rather.

Yup you got it, thats what I have been thinking about anyway

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Something about chakras, I think this how they work or show themselves to us. I was thinking about how balanced I've been after certain meditations, and that all i wanted to do was stay balanced, and not necessarily do anything else, but BE balanced, where i am.

I think what we feel like doing or, DON'T feel like doing, highlights the state of our chakras.. and when I mean DON'T feel like doing.. i mean.. a part of us is telling us we don't wish to do that, not that there is something different that is calling our attention.

How can I explain..

I don't feel like talking, because.. I really just don't feel like talking.. not because... I'd rather go ride my bike instead.

You understand.

Ok so say example.. you want to go ride your bike or something, but you'd rather talk... but for whatever reason you are trying to prioritize riding your bike, perhaps because you feel you need the exercise.

Then perhaps.... perhaps you could try either doing a chakra meditation to balance yourself first, or diverting energy from over-active areas, to the under-active. Then all of a sudden.. with the energy diverted.. you don't feel like talking so much anymore.. or perhaps with all chakras balanced.. you feel you're up for anything... and perhaps with an over-active chakra... you're up for anything because of your current balance BUT..something else is calling your attention.

You see what I mean? You can control your chakras to influence your desired activities or actions.

Perhaps I go through my phases of non-stop meditation because of an over-active brow chakra or something.. making me desire to expand my perception. And perhaps this is where buddhas teachings come in, and what he really means is, through achieving the chakra balance, we are more able to accept any situation, or get anything done without the distraction of another thing calling our attention.

So.. you have to think... based on what i am doing right now.. what are my chakras like?

Right now I feel pretty balanced.. but i'd have to say, based on what I'm doing, my throat and heart are perhaps a little dominant.. and because what I am typing.. I have already thought about, its just a matter of expressing the information. What I mean is.. sometimes when I type this stuff.. I am often thinking of it in the moment, perhaps changing my perspective a bit as I type, like really disecting it, I can sometimes feel some crown chakra activity, like burning... but this is usally from typing/thinking for several hours straight, about new concepts.

But you know what I mean on chakras making themselves obvious to you, through your actions.

I'm just repeating myself at this point, just think about it.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 10:55 AM
link   
In a universe where size is a perspective, I think you can observe nature in a micro-form without actually observing it as such. Perhaps I can explain it better.

This was a realisation I had at the train station... I was standing straight in the middle and back of the station where I could see a door, and I watched people pouring into the station.. the randomness of the direction perceputally increased as the densitiy of people did.. it seemed they were were moving in every direction.. going swiftly and easily around each other, everyone just focussed on their task, or their distribution as a particle of light. It was as if the doorway was a portal, void.. white hole, star.. etc.. and the people, photons, or particles with their own pattern.

You observe how they flow and interact, and just how unstable particles make themselves observed, so do people... you may have a pushy person, where you would have an unstable particle, bouncing around out of control.

And you think about where the people are, in an architecture of light/energy in the form of walls.. etc.. the shape of the train station... you think about what people can do.. perhaps picture how they interact with each other as they would build this train station.. exchanging information with each other, or tools (energy patterns, or coded devices)... moving about, each applying their energy into the formation of a structure.

There are many other examples.

But as you see.. it is possible to look at a macro/micro or sizeless universe, without a microscope/telescope.
. Its right here in front of us.

Its a matter of interpretation and metaphor perhaps.. But I see it.

Perhaps you might think... well cells and particles and such are more organised then a mass of humans.. but are their movements not derived from an extrememly organised pattern? It is comprised of these seemingly more organised particles, so you would think... they must be organised as well?

I find with people, or the more complicated a form or energy pattern gets, then perhaps the more illusive it gets and difficult to see the intelligence and work behind every minor action.

I'll leave it in your perceptive minds to interpret.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
i was just wondering if you believe that the colors are special in meditation because i like to fire my chakras with pure white light from lets just say the creator a few years ago after a stint abusing chemicals (non fda approved suppliments) i snapped 3 times the right brow to the minds eye them 2 snaps to the crow. the substance was called a nootropyl. in theory it grows new synapses in the brain, no clinical trials to back it up. i in now way suggest using this substance, only put it out there as a way I personally have forced the brain to grow but at the cost of my "paper sanity" as i like to call it. i was always a bit loony but after snapping fasting and meditation for a bout a week at the age of 19 i met the creator and found out my purpose for being on earth (do not wish to share that purpose at this time) i believe it was the third eye that allowed me to view the creator in a dream like trance and a few days later i had 2 more pops and surges of energy go through the body. i know this probably cant be good to hard wire into your chakras but i was younger and willing to experiment at the time.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Kis11

I dont think any experience when seen through the eye of substances can be relied upon. I know some of these chemicals are copies of natural drugs released by the brain but at least the brain is in charge of how much is released. How do you know you whont end up on some terrible trip unable to pull your self out of? No I'll stick to natural meditation any day.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
After long hard think about what I want out of meditation I have come to realize that there are a few things I don’t want. For the time being anyway as it is not helping with my situation, it is only making it more complex.

The things I don’t want for now are Lucid Dreams and Astral Projection, if they happen they happen, I will play the silent watcher and be aware of any messages within them. What I mean is I don’t want to spend my time looking for these things or trying to force them upon me. I am not saying that it’s something I disagree with doing; it’s something I just don’t feel I am ready for.

My focus at the moment is to be at one with the energy inside of me, be at one with the source of all life. We all carry it within us and it’s the most beautiful, joyful and peaceful energy ever, beyond form and time. I have only had glimpses of this energy and it’s something beyond words.

It is total separation from the busy/noisy mind, It does not need understanding it does not need science or logic. So my aim for now is to connect with this wonderful energy even more so I can share it with the oneness within us all. This is not about me it’s about us, no matter what color, religion or belief system. This is not something I want all to myself while I watch others try getting what I have. It’s for everybody and everything.

So I think that for me to search for answers in AP and LD would make something so simple complex. It just cannot be explained through science or logic “It’s the creation of life” we could search but by the time you realized that you couldn’t of worked it out through science or logic, you would be on your death bed.

So there it is, I can’t work it out so why try, and I think this is the blind spot when looking for awareness. It’s something you don’t need to understand yet. Just be at one with it. We can spend the rest of our lives making it more complex, but the real truth will come when the human race is ready.

I believe there is a shift in awareness and it only seems to be getting stronger. People look at the people who are at peace and think “How do I get some of that” I have heard a lot of theory’s on this shift in awareness, yet again it’s something we cannot explain not through science or logic. So we will just have to be present and enjoy the ride.

Psycho81

[edit on 15-6-2008 by psycho81]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

Wow awesome thread psycho

I've been searching for some good books on meditation techniques but this thread has really helped. I feel that i need this - for a while I've felt i need to find a way to be more in touch with my inner self and my spiritual side because my life has grown fairly stagnant since i finished school and i hate the feeling.
I'm just glad I've found this opportunity relatively early on in my years..

So i just wanted to thank you and all the other posters who have contributed to this thread.

Top job.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by psycho81

I totally agree with you, I also want nothing to do with these lucid dreams or astral projection, it only causes confusion. I now just want to connect with my inner peace and quite, that Im sure will give me more answers than some dream I can not understand. Some will say we do understand these dreams at a deep level but still this doesnt help me in my day to day living does it.

Awakening? Not if you go by the posts on the recent ascension threads but this is something for us all to make our own minds up about now. We even now have a "Im sick of these ascension threads thread" lol

I am sick of the negative comments I am getting about ascension and awakening. I will now just connect to my inner peace and forget all about these threads its not worth it sometimes. People are harsh sometimes and to call us western idiots for trying to discover chakra meditation is un fair. No I am not a western idiot for wanting to enlighten myself. The chakra energies are not just for the more enlightened people they are for all humanity. Its time western people looked a little more inwards rather than whats happeneing on the TV. I am a westerner on a journey trying to become a better person, open my mind to new ideas and concepts. I may not know as much as an enlightened eastern person but at least Im trying to reject western commercialsim and greed . Its a shame more western people dont attempt this, if this makes me a western idiot then so be it.

Im really beggining to think ATS is bad for my health

[edit on 16-6-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Serious guys...I'm tired of seeing both of you blame your lack of success on AP & LD'ing itself. The reason you're having so much trouble is because you're over thinking and you need to have a strong intellectual & emotional understanding of yourself in order to gain any control. I see both of you trying to jump to the end right away. A couple of months trying to AP or LD and you think you can "get it"!? Does that happen in anything else? where you can take some piano lesson for two months & be pro level for example? Or even really play a song for that matter? No the problem here is obviously the expectations some are putting on what they "should" be doing or some BS. Don't blame your dreams for your life not going the way you want, you create the dream whether you have direct control or not.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Shakesbeer

Im not blaming AP or LD for anything, I just dont think it has a place in me. Its like psycho says its us playing out how we wish our life to go but only in dream land. Im concentrating on the here and now from now on. Its like the last time I went on the astral plane I was met by a blue dude pointing to a blue galaxy,
and then I felt my body needing air I thought I was gonna die so I rushed back to it with a massive gasp. Ive been told before that as humans we can only get to the astral plane via a gift from those already on it, so if they wish to give me this gift fine but Im not going to chase it. Ive no idea how to get there, it just happens naturally so whats the point in trying to work your life around these dreams. They are what they are and I have never been able to work them out except one, and that was worked out by someone else not me.

I am of the light this I have no doubt, I have been awoken for some reason but it now must come to me naturally as Im finding it very negative on my being working out why this is all happeneing to me, now what happens happens and its not something im going to chase. Pure love is all we need but thats simply all I will now be. No working this out or that out, what will be will be. If we have been given a task it is up to those to guide us correctly or whats the point to all this, I am going to listen to my inner guide because they are the only person I really really trust.

Inner peace, love and light are what I now seek via the sacred chakras.
Simply the search and maintenance of pure love in the light.

Miss Green

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

eeyeah, see there, that statement actually just reaffirms my point thank you. You're over thinking thinking this all, and that ideal you just described is all in your head only. Yes the "now" is a good thing, but if you don't think about what "now" might be in a week, a year, whatever. "Now" might be someplace that really sucks other then the happy brain-buzz place in your mind. I remember someone talking about staying grounded on this thread before....

And YES you ARE blaming the AP for your problems...

Do you really think you need breath there? really?

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join