It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Engorged Nipples On A Male

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I know a guy that has just turned 17, he's in very good shape, works out, and not an ounce of fat on him. He eats a good diet and appears to be very healthy in every way.
He just has one problem, somewhat enlarged nipples.

He seems to be beyond that age that boys naturally swell during puberty, and in all other aspects he looks to have normal development other than being very muscular for his age.

This has become an issue for him now because he has his first girlfriend that he's serious about but he feels uncomfortable about that part of his body. The swelling in his nipples have become a barrier to him having comfort with his body in front of other people.

The swelling is even on both sides, not painful or overly sensitive.

Any ideas what could cause this ?
Could he be taking something to build muscle that effects breast tissue

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The swelling of male nipples up untill the age of 21 can still be seen as a side effect of puberty. This is very annoying and/or embarresing for the young lad, but very much harmless unless he has fluid coming out of them (that's a sign this person should visit the doctor).

My advice would be for this person to wear wide clothes if he has an esthetic problem with it. The swelling can also be removed under local anesthesia leaving almost no scars.

After the age of 21 the swelling will usually dissapear due to a stabilization of the hormones. However some men will continue to have this problem.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   

That seems late, but I guess your right, we're still growing at that age.

There's no fluid or discharge, just very puffy enlarged nipples.
I kind of ruled out gynecomastia because the surrounding tissue of the breast is not effected in any way, and he has well defined pectorals.

I feel bad for him right now because I can tell this is worrying him a lot. :shk:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I understand, especially at this age people worry a lot about how they look. It's very normal but it's so hard when you are so young. Maybe you could try to tell him there are very much good things about him. You know like... the girls won't even look at that they'll only look at your blue eyes/great smile or whatever seems the right thing to say.

It's really true that most people won't even notice it, but when you are in puberty and experience this problem you feel the WHOLE WORLD is watching you.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I know that male infants are sometimes born with enlarged nipples and some even lactate, Ive also heard of some adult males lactating. Women who are in close contact with each other synchronize their periods because of the hormones produced, Is it possible his mom or sister os pregnant or he lives with many women? Also when women take birth control all these hormones go back into our water supply he could just be sensitive to them. Birth control can produce some effects caused by pregnancy like enlarged nipples, thicker hair and nails and clearing of the skin in some people.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
When I was twelve I had the Phil Mickerson sp? man titty thing going on. My dad took me to our GP and he explained in detail how we all have male/female hormones etc etc. Played varsity tennis and football in h.s. and lost all my baby fat and gradually worked myself up to 10 reps of 320lbs. Poof, no more man titties. He will grow out of it. But I understand the discomfort.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by anxietydisorder

My 15 year old has the same affliction and he also is very embarrassed about his chest.

I have read that enlarged nipples are also a symptom of liver problems (etc.).

If he shows any accompanying symptoms then worry.

There are procedures to dry up the swelled area as well if he wants a drastic solution.

As for my son, we will wait till he matures and grows out of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
When I was twelve I had the Phil Mickerson sp? man titty thing going on. My dad took me to our GP and he explained in detail how we all have male/female hormones etc etc. Played varsity tennis and football in h.s. and lost all my baby fat and gradually worked myself up to 10 reps of 320lbs. Poof, no more man titties. He will grow out of it. But I understand the discomfort.

My sons chest is flat. That is not the problem. Its just his nipples are swelled and puffy which make them look large. My son is tall and lean, no fat there at all.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Make an appointment to have him medically evaluated. Only a physician can give you the advise you seek.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Make an appointment to have him medically evaluated. Only a physician can give you the advise you seek.

That's always sound advice, a professional opinion will probably be the next step.

As Rhain said, "As for my son, we will wait till he matures and grows out of it."
It may be something as simple as waiting for him to fully mature for it to subside.

My worry is that he might be taking a performance enhancing drug but won't admit it. I hope this is just a normal part of his development and something he'll just grow out of, but that steroid concern is there.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Performance enhance drug abuse is defenitly a bad thing. I don't know how well you know this person but you seem to care for him so try to convince him to see a proffessional.

Most performance enhance drugs usually consists of male hormones, but since there's a huge black market you don't know really what they put in it. It could be anything from aspirines to speed.

Also if it is a real steroid he's taking it will affect his his kidneys, risking diabetes and an unstable hormonal production. If he takes anything with testestoron in it he risks a heartattack or a stroke.

posted on Apr, 16 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Switch to certified organic milk products.
Stop eating all commercial meat; this is vital.
Drink filtered rain water rather than city water.
Avoid use of plastic and styrofoam for food packaging; especially warm or hot foods or food left in the sun; avoid freezing food in plastic as well.
Avoid gasoline fumes when fueling or travelling in traffic.
Consider the soap you bathe in... that long list of ingredients you do not understand are often xenoestrogenic; switch to ivory or dr. bronners or other natural, simple, castille, soap.

also avoid these substances:

en.wikipedia.org...

from the list...

butylated hydroxyanisole is in most commercial cereal; either applied to the box as a surfactant or to the cereal itself depending on brand

atrozine is a common weed killer used in suburban lawns

lindane is a common commercial bug killer; your neighbor's pest service...

Red #3 is any red or pink candy, maraschino cherries

Smoking marijuana, too much caffeine, opiates, or alcohol could also cause puffy nipples.

Oatmeal for breakfast; rice, beans, and greens for dinner; every day.

I do agree that it very well could be pubertal gynecomastia; no treatment needed... but it could be inflamed by lifestyle.

shaman,

Sri Oracle

[edit on 16-4-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
One other thing to avoid... YOUR BED

Most commercially available, 17 stores in town, wrapped in plastic, super pillow top, "with free delivery" bedding, pillows, and mattresses contains PBDE; a PCB derivative as well as other bad off gassing chemicals.

I sleep comfortably on a queen size wooden platform of salvaged lumber topped with a $40 thick jute rug, a $100 natural latex rubber pad, 3 wool blankets, and then a fitted sheet. Everything from there up is 100% cotton blankets and 2 $50 buckwheat husk pillows.

everything is in flux. everything is off gassing and decaying. everything effects you.

do your research, everything is dust in the wind... what are you breathing?

What metaphysically transpired to produce natural, kosher, organic, hajib, halal?

What metaphysically transpired to produce everything else?

You are what your food eats.
You reap what you sow.

Sri Oracle

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Why the # are you asking us if it could be something he is taking, YES IT COULD, but shouldn't you be asking HIM if he is taking it? #ing strawman questions!

Besides, IF HE WORKS OUT A LOT AND IN A LOSE-FITTING T-SHIRT WHICH GETS WET/SWEATY, THEN ANY JOGGING OR MOVEMENT IN ANY DIRECTION OF THE T-SHIRT WILL CHAFE HIS NIPPLES AND IF THIS SITUATION IS SO THAT HE DOES NOT QUIT WORKING OUT WITH THIS WET T-SHIRT FOR MORE THAN A WEEK AT A TIME, THE SWELLING WILL NEVER GO DOWN.

top topics

join