It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Cultists Emerge From Cave

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Duality

Come on people it's just a calendar. This is just the mayan equivilent of our millenium fever scare. Must we carry on like this?

Their calendar had a much bigger role in their mythology and way of life then our gregorian calendar ever did to us. Ours is simply a linear means of time-keeping and scheduling. Theirs has an intrinsic relationship to just about every aspect of their life.

So no, it's not "just a calendar" in the sense you are saying.

As far as it being a y2k equiv. That is partly true perhaps. But that's the doomsdayers and not the Mayans doing. All these hypothetical end of the world scenarios attributed to 2012 are highly speculative theories.

However, the Mayans calendar does indeed have a great cycle ending on 2012. And there is indeed some apocalyptic inuendos in their mythos. Some people, such as myself, raise an eyebrow to this because of their highly advanced methods on astronomy and their passion for it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell

Well the 2 most popular doomsdays are 1. God is going to come down and wipe humans out, so your screwed.

A return of gods. Which really implies an alien invasion. I aint going down without a fight. That or we will stay in my bunker

2. The solar system is going to align with the blackhole in the center of our galaxy, screw up our orbit and either launch the Earth into the sun, or rip it from the solar system.

Actually I think most say that as a result of that alignment we will get hit hard by solar radiation or cosmic dust, and it will subsequently affect our magnetic field. Things like that.

And unless you got a damn good heating system and enough food to last you till you die naturally, your screwed no matter what happens

We already have air conditioning (heat, cold, air quality control/filtering) figured out. We think we have the water pumping figured out. We are working on the food aspect. We have many but are continuing to work on the weapons aspect
We are deep enough and have enough concrete between us that even being near a ground zero we should be okay.

Hopefully we will have things setup for up to two years of underground li ving, if need be. If it was forever then it wouldn't really matter you're right. Most doomsday scenarios are not the earth ripping in half though. Most are about the surface being completely unsafe for a couple years.

[edit on 053131p://31u32 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with Ivanzanna on this one, only now with most of the women leaving the shelter, they won't have much luck repopulating the planet. Not a very hopeful survival project IMO.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:34 PM
link   
If u put alot of minds together u can make it happen like re make many humans in time it can happen and u can hide but if the impact is big enogh i dont think hiding is an option anywere.

Maybe swimming in the sea would be an option u can just go in the middle of the option wene the water moves u float and move with it.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
can i just say that in all fairness, they weren't actually doing a very good job of HIDING! i live in the uk and even i know where they are!!

although that depends on what they were hiding from i guess, if it's from the powers that be, you definately need to not tell anyone, if it's from a natural disaster, i guess it doesn't matter!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by realism
can i just say that in all fairness, they weren't actually doing a very good job of HIDING! i live in the uk and even i know where they are!!

Yeh but maybe thay aint hiding from humans just a big event that will take place though even though thay were if thay were hiding it is stupid to let everyone know were thay were hiding because on the actual day if it happens people that know might come and raid there and live in it.?

although that depends on what they were hiding from i guess, if it's from the powers that be, you definately need to not tell anyone, if it's from a natural disaster, i guess it doesn't matter!

Yeh thats right its true i would rather hide in a huge undergroudn house with huge supply of stock and 100litres of vodka

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

i've always wanted to build my own underground bunker thing!! i know it's totally paranoid behaviour, but what the hell!! isn't it good to be prepared?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   

i've always wanted to build my own underground bunker thing!! i know it's totally paranoid behaviour, but what the hell!! isn't it good to be prepared?

yeh it is though it will cost money plus it will be a wierd thing to people u know that will think u are totaly insane
but its allright and what if nothing happens u know?? bloody goverment thay should know if it will thay should warn us but thay dont want to so we can die and thay can remake another world

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Exactly, thats the whole point!! and i think if i had enough money i would build one anyway and make sure my children inherit my estate but can't sell it, just incase!! then they will have it, because i think if our generation don't need them, the next one will!!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Exactly, thats the whole point!! and i think if i had enough money i would build one anyway and make sure my children inherit my estate but can't sell it, just incase!! then they will have it, because i think if our generation don't need them, the next one will!!

True True if selling is still a option after the destruction of the earth if it happend i wouldent mind a new start in the world were everyone needs to help each other to get trhough with the devistation of what it left us u know what i mean?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
yeah, it's unfortunate but nowadays it seems the only thing that brings humans together is some sort of catastrophe!

in the words of the black eyed peas... "where is the love"

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

yeah, it's unfortunate but nowadays it seems the only thing that brings humans together is some sort of catastrophe!

in the words of the black eyed peas... "where is the love"

Thay suck john lennon is the greatest artist to bring humans together

yeh to keep sociaty together we need to all love but many things stand in the way one main is religion thats the root of the evil in this world.

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   

too true my friend.... religion, race, language, social status, football teams, schools, universities, being disabled/ill, your personal beleifs....

all these things divide us, and i'm sure it's not by any means an accident!!

i wish i could go back and find out what it was that was really important before we were blinded with fear and materialism... trouble is if i'm even getting close, trying to share it with most might get me put in some loony bin!!

change has to come soon, it really does, i just hope we will make it to the other side

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   

too true my friend.... religion, race, language, social status, football teams, schools, universities, being disabled/ill, your personal beleifs....

Yeh its true all these lil things including race i dont believ in race i believ i ndiffrent dna and stuff and diffrent types of being in diffrent bacterial dna way not a country race like asian , mid east , westerner

all these things divide us, and i'm sure it's not by any means an accident!!

yeh tru thats another thing we arent accidents i dont think there i9s more to our existence if it aint just a lil disease that has spreado r just a reason to be here its wierd.

i wish i could go back and find out what it was that was really important before we were blinded with fear and materialism... trouble is if i'm even getting close, trying to share it with most might get me put in some loony bin!!

yah i think that also and people try tell me that also? its quit lame how ppl thin kthay dont let us be open minded and have a crazy imagination for reason.

change has to come soon, it really does, i just hope we will make it to the other side

Other side i like hope other side is a futur universe we make it to were our mind flys and moves to another world like sperm making it to the next world in your balls?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The ones that came up from the ground early, Did not see their shadow so the earth will no be destroyed

Ama

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Other side i like hope other side is a futur universe we make it to were our mind flys and moves to another world like sperm making it to the next world in your balls?

sorry babe, but had to frame that quote!!!

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 08:47 PM
link   

sorry babe, but had to frame that quote!!!

Sorry man i am male
lol its intresting quote but i mean line for what might happen yeh?

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
lol, and i am woman!! no worries, i got you..... anyways, i reckon we put the world to rights so i'm off to bed now, thanx for the conversation, twas a pleasure sir

dream of dreams

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   

lol, and i am woman!! no worries, i got you..... anyways, i reckon we put the world to rights so i'm off to bed now, thanx for the conversation, twas a pleasure sir

dream of dreams

ohh are u a woman ohh sorry lol yeh its allright sweet dreams

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Planet X

In astronomy, Planet X is a large hypothetical planet beyond Neptune. It was postulated to explain apparent discrepancies in the orbits of the gas giants, especially those of Uranus and Neptune. Those discrepancies were mostly resolved by measurements made in the 1980s.

The "X" in the name represents an unknown and is pronounced as the letter, as opposed to the Roman numeral for ten. At the time of its conception there were eight known planets in the solar system; its existence, first as a ninth planet, and then from 1930 until its demise as a tenth. Although Pluto was discovered as a result of the search for Planet X, it is not considered Planet X. Neither is Eris, even though it was at one point considered for reclassification as a planet under a proposal outlined by the International Astronomical Union (see 2006 redefinition of planet).

Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join