It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday Cultists Emerge From Cave

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
even if a disaster hit...why would you want to hide in the earth then come up after when everything is destroyed???

That means foods gone, waters tainted, and air maybe even not breathable....

I'd rather just die off with everyone else in a quick flash than hide underground and suffer....

The world isn't ending in may- I'll take a bet on that...

This isn't the first cult to make a foolish claim like this...certainly not the last I'm sure...

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
This same thing is going to happen with 2012ers. They're ALL insane and we should leave them in the caves where they belong

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell
This same thing is going to happen with 2012ers. They're ALL insane and we should leave them in the caves where they belong

I fully plan on being in an underground bunker on 2012. I am serious, I have friends that will be there too. And we are planning out and building the bunker.

We figure if it is all bunk, then it will just turn into an underground party, since we will have plenty of booze and food

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PimpyMcgibbins
even if a disaster hit...why would you want to hide in the earth then come up after when everything is destroyed???

Depends. What's causing the 'end of the world'.

That means foods gone, waters tainted, and air maybe even not breathable....

Again, depends on the cause. A massive world-wide nuclear war could cause that, and supervolcano as well. But would zombies? It all depends.

I'd rather just die off with everyone else in a quick flash than hide underground and suffer....

That might work out for me and the others ones going underground. We need smaller numbers on the surface, so that when we do surface, we will be kings.. muhaha

The world isn't ending in may- I'll take a bet on that...

Actually... I am willing to bet the world is ending in May. Well, their world that is
Cyanide fruit juice FTW!

[edit on 033131p://30u48 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lucid Lunacy

I fully plan on being in an underground bunker on 2012. I am serious, I have friends that will be there too. And we are planning out and building the bunker.

We figure if it is all bunk, then it will just turn into an underground party, since we will have plenty of booze and food

Dude, are you serious?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Dude, are you serious?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mikee
Dude, are you serious?

Yeah.

Planning it and building it with friends and family.

An underground bomb shelter/bunker is great for many bugg-out scenarios. I think you and, your friends and family should have one too

And yeah, we will be there on 2012, the day or so prior to the mayan new year celebration

[edit on 043131p://30u54 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   

You realize if its true, no bunker is going to protect you right? The Earth is going to be DESTROYED, POOF, DUST!

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Damien_Hell

You realize if its true, no bunker is going to protect you right? The Earth is going to be DESTROYED, POOF, DUST!

No I don't realize that.

There are many doomsday theories for 2012, and many in general.

Can you elaborate?

[edit on 043131p://30u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

LOL i have my own theories about the end of the mayan calander

cheif talking to calander maker
"how far along are you?"
"2012"
"eh good enough"
"really? i can quit?"
"sure why not?"
"what are we going to tell the tribe? surely we dont want them to think we're not going to be around then..."
"eh, tell them its the dawn of a new age or some mumbojumbo...if i tell them thats what the gods told me they'll buy it"
"cool"

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   

No I don't realize that.

There are many doomsday theories for 2012, and many in general.

Can you elaborate?

[edit on 043131p://30u11 by Lucid Lunacy]

Well the 2 most popular doomsdays are 1. God is going to come down and wipe humans out, so your screwed. 2. The solar system is going to align with the blackhole in the center of our galaxy, screw up our orbit and either launch the Earth into the sun, or rip it from the solar system. And unless you got a damn good heating system and enough food to last you till you die naturally, your screwed no matter what happens

[edit on 30-3-2008 by Damien_Hell]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I Would steal a plane and fly in the sky before it hits so i wont be on earth well i can try but i doubt i can lol and i doubt its comming in may also we would know early 4 sure something this big happening aint a joke

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

I am wonderign i n2012 if alot of ppl wil lgo missing? i have a feeling its gona be a big change maybe al lthe goverments wil ldissapear and leave us up here while thay go under hiding?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Lucid Lunacy

LOL i wouldent mind that i have an underground tank under my house witch my family built its very nice and spacey i can probely go in there and live but i doubt i will go under ground i will run around naked before it hits something i allways wanted to do

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   

God never existed and never will if he came down he would be totaly waisting his time lol he can just make bad things happend to earth what a lame theory if that was a religous view thats bad lol bloody god is sooo fake

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   

And of course there's always the possibility that, much like our own calendar coming to the end of december in a given year, as we hit 2012 the calendar will... *GASP... Roll over to start a new calendar!!!???

Unpossible if you're to believe the people on this forum. :p

Come on people it's just a calendar. This is just the mayan equivilent of our millenium fever scare. Must we carry on like this?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SaadAdam

SaadAdam, you have good input to make but is there any way you can sorta... Compress the posts into one? You can quote multiple people in a single post, you just aren't meant to 'stack' quotes, but you can have...

Originally Posted By Someguy
Oh my god this is a quote!!1

and then

Originally Posted By SomeOtherPerson
This is like, another quote man!

Because I know I sound really rude being the forum police, but I read quite a few of your threads, particularly the news ones and you do it in most of them! It gets kind of messy.

Can't you just edit a lot of responses to people into one?

If you don't want to quote you can just say...

@Name1 - Yeah I agree!

@Name2 - No way!

I hope that makes sense and didn't come off as rude. T_T

Oh and I'm aware of the irony of DP'ing to make this point... It's a one off!

[edit on 30/3/08 by Duality]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
This group is actually completely and utterly on the money. There is a very verified and completely agreeable chance that the world is going to end in May.

WHY?: The Large Hadron Collider in Geneva will be turned on in May, after having been delayed several times due to technical difficulties (magnets cracking under stress, etc).

For those of you who aren't aware, this will be the largest particle collider ever built in history, and scientists fully expect it to generate miniature black holes on a regular basis. However, they dismiss any fears of such black holes running amok, because they claim they will be dissipated by Hawking Radiation.

Hawking radiation is completely theoretical and it is unknown whether or not it exists.

See the problem?

So yeah, the world IS likely going to end in May, only problem for these guys? You can't hide in a bunker to escape a black hole chewing through the core of the planet . >>

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by D.E.M.

Ahh, you're resting that assumption on the fact that the Hawking radiation is harmful, which you yourself admit may not be the case (if unintentionally) when you say that it may not even exist. It's nature is unknown.

Well at least in practice, the theories are solid and they do appear to have a good grasp on what will happen. So yes, as with early atom-splitting trials it's always possible that something could go wrong, but theres probably a far, far better chance it'll go well. After all, scientists don't exactly feel like dying as far as I know.

Not only that but when you're getting to something of this scale (destruction of the whole planet) pretty much all the NWO nonsense goes out the window too, because this isn't beneficial to anyone. Unless you go down a road of spiritual/religious stuff, or skunk works topics such as an elite group living somewhere else in space... yada yada yada. Essentially blowing up the earth, or whatever, is never good and it's hard to find a conspiracy theory that says somebody would actually benefit from it all.

The LHC should reveal incredible things. It's in nobody's best interests to get blown up and there'd be no reason to build something this complex or astronomically expensive if there's a possibility it'd destroy the entire planet.

Someone is spreading misinformation about the LHC and I have a feeling few people commenting on it have any idea of how it works or the theories behind it. I've not been a physics major at university (biology was my strong suit) but I'm at least familiar with the theories and even reading A Brief History of Time gives you a good idea about these things.

I think a site actually already debunked this... I'll check for it.

Still looking, but here's a good article on it: www.badastronomy.com...

Just incase people are lazy here's a great excerpt from that page.

Source: Bad Astronomy

However, studies done by CERN show that the energies generated will be too low to make black holes. Also, due to a weird effect called Hawking radiation, the tiny black holes would evaporate instantly. The two litigants, however, say that Hawking radiation is not an established fact, and therefore we should be more careful.

While that’s technically true, they forgot something important: the same rules of quantum physics that make a black hole in a subatomic collision also indicate they would evaporate. So if you’re worried they won’t evaporate, then you shouldn’t be worried they’d be created in the first place.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duality
reply to post by SaadAdam

SaadAdam, you have good input to make but is there any way you can sorta... Compress the posts into one? You can quote multiple people in a single post, you just aren't meant to 'stack' quotes, but you can have...

Originally Posted By Someguy
Oh my god this is a quote!!1

and then

Originally Posted By SomeOtherPerson
This is like, another quote man!

Because I know I sound really rude being the forum police, but I read quite a few of your threads, particularly the news ones and you do it in most of them! It gets kind of messy.

Can't you just edit a lot of responses to people into one?

If you don't want to quote you can just say...

@Name1 - Yeah I agree!

@Name2 - No way!

I hope that makes sense and didn't come off as rude. T_T

Oh and I'm aware of the irony of DP'ing to make this point... It's a one off!

Ok mate i need to learn more on it it will take time but i will get to it sometime
thanks for the help

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join