It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors from Russia about Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by rangeroftheeast

Good post and quite convincing.

Guessing about an attack on Iran is a bit like 2012 predictions: they are dire, and imminent, and very appealing to speculate about, if so inclined.

Grover made the very good point that you have to get past the Joint Chiefs first, and recently Iraq has heated up and well, these are unattributed rumors from Russia, after all.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by gottago]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by rangeroftheeast

When politic go forward, and turns to war, something is then achieved.

That is a achievement! Many times in Bushcheneys hands you fail on different goals you have made in past. Is it only because of their incompetence, or only caused by more powerful opposing forces, or both, we usually dont know.

But we still have this day, without another great war in Middle East, amd that really is a great victory. I see that world wide anti-war movement has achieve their goals in here, not USA.

I have seen that, we have been near that war for many times in recent years, but world is not only US playground. Its high sophisticated net of fortunes, where different interests are taking their places every day.

To get a war, you need majority of elite to support that. You have to know what to offer, if you do know what you need. War is the greatest challenge of human kind, and it needs much more than those greatest weapons US have. It needs the will too, and what most important, the timing.

Bankers rules timing, they let you know when world is finally ready, even when you have all the majority, because they guards the future assets.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Does Fallon Resignation Signal Iran Attack Still On Bush/Cheney Agenda?

A Washington Post report by Don Froomkin suggests that the abrupt resignation of top U.S. commander in the Middle East, Admiral William J. "Fox" Fallon, may mean President Bush and Vice President Cheney have some kind of plan in the works to attack Iran before their time is up.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I just hope if they blow u that reactor spilling up to 300 tines the radiation than Chernobyl reactor did
1 there is a ufo sucking up the radiation that was reported when Chernobyl happened
2 you say goodbye to your health forever and all you love will be dead of radiation poisoning SLOWLY THROUGH MASSIVE CANCER INCREASE
3 you are prepared for martial law ant the beginning of the HELL to come WHEN THE BACKLASH COMES
4 stand up this weekend or pay because you didn’t who are watching this and didn’t stop it WHY DOSNT ANYONE understand how bad it will be SHEEP

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Well i am wondering why the Austrailian PM is doing a round the world tour of many countries including China and the UK, Not sure if he is visiting Russia though. Is there something going on behind the scenes we are not privy to??

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
For those who may think that Lew has indeed got this confused with last year, there is that possibility; however, the same sabre rattling is going on now as then because...

...in 2007 Eastern Orthodox Good Friday was on April 6th...

this year it is April 25th...

and I personally know extremely highly educated Christians and Muslims in Syria and Lebanon who are convinced that when the U.S. attack against Iran occurs, it will happen on Orthodox Good Friday.

As I posted earlier, all Christians in Syria follow the Orthodox date for Easter because Pope John Paul II ordered it so in honour of Our Lady of Soufaniyeh and the call to unite the date of Easter. His position was that Catholics should observe the Orthodox dating for these major feasts when they were the minority compared to an Orthodox or Syrian Jacobite majority... just FYI.

Again, these people all expect the U.S. to attack not only Iran but also Syria at the same time. They expect this to happen on Orthodox Good Friday because Russia will not be able to mount the kind of response they might otherwise have undertaken because the Holy Week and Easter holidays have become so important again in Russia.

Also, it is believed among many outside of the USA, that successive U.S. governments have chosen to engage in warfare or snatch children (Elián González) on holy days when the observant will not have the same opportunity to respond to the USA's egregious actions. I had a list of dates of actions by the US military and local religious festivals of places invaded etc. It would be in a pre-internet file somewhere... I'll dig and see what I can find.

I really do think that it is important that concerned human beings voice their opposition to their elected leaders in their home countries, provinces, states, districts, cities and towns. After WW III it will be too late for Texans, for example, to say, 'Gosh, I shoulda called Kay Bailey and told her this dog won't hunt...' (trying to inject a little humour into a very grave situation). Come Monday I will begin calling various parties in Ottawa and locally, and I suggest calling or faxing (not e-mailing) your ambassadors at the UN.

I'm sure some will think I am over-reacting to this information, and how I dearly pray that I am... but better to shout loud and long before someone Decides to drop the first bomb that starts the end of civilisation as we know it.

[edit on 29/3/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by yogi9969
Does Fallon Resignation Signal Iran Attack Still On Bush/Cheney Agenda?

Here's a pretty good story about Fallon:

www.latimes.com...

Probably more accurate than the, "He resigned because he didn't want to attack Iran" crap you're hearing out there.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I may be wrong (and I hope profoundly I'm not) but I don't see imminent attack right now. I don't see the preparations here necessary for this. And I don't think they'd dare launch a full surprise attack without first either manufacturing or trumping up a grave Iranian provocation beforehand. They must do this, otherwise they'd get no support from the public or from allies. So far, none of this has happened.

Currently, they're pushing Iranian-supplied weapons in Iraq again, but this is nothing to launch a war over. They need something big; "mushroom cloud" scale or better, to pull that off again. We've already been through Iraq and sending in some arms just wont cut it this time.

Also, we've already had a real ramp-up last spring: you had the Mighty Wurlitzer going non-stop on Iraq's nuclear program and the whole Israel-off-the-map hoohah, you had the carrier groups coming in, but that got short-circuited by the revolt of the generals and Brezinski's speech before the Senate Foreign Relations Committee in march, when he said in so many words that the GWOT was a sham to scare the public to death, AQ didn't exist other than as a boogeyman, and that attacking Iran was madness.

The CFR spoke and that was that. The circus tents rapidly folded. The Neocon faction wants this in the worst way, but they're so discredited by now and no longer influential enough to get the Joint Chiefs to agree to this madness.

All indications are, whatever Cheney's wetdreams, that the military and the other factions of the PTB are not with him, and he'll just continue to stir the pot but that this will not happen--lacking some major, unforeseen shift that brings them into agreement with him.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Great News.... Iran is going to be trouble for the world for many years to come let's get it done today.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pellevoisin
I've been going through my personal e-mail and a number of friends of mine in the Holy Land and in Greece expect the U.S. to attack Iran & Syria on Eastern Orthodox Good Friday. This year that would be April 25th.

This would be a more opportune time as many, many Russians will be observing the Holy Day and a large swath of Syrians will be as well (In Syria, all Christians Orthodox and Catholic observe Easter on the Orthodox date).

It presents a point for delayed reaction from the Russians and increased vulnerability for the Syrians.

Friends note that with the U.S. gov't having used up all of its political capital it stands to reason that if they are going after Iran, they will go after Syria at the same time.

It will generate lots of political instability in the balkan region, EU would not want any more troubles from the region because in a domino effect matters that are still in dispute like Cyprus over captured territory with Turkey, Greek disputes over the name of Macedonia, Serb militias not recognizing Kosovo independence and Russians expecting to finalize a deal about a major oil pipeline between many Balkan countries considering the major political upheaval that US actions would generate we might be witnessing a swift response from Russia. The timing you mention would be appropriate but still difficult to pull anything of, considering the above. Unless another major incident in US or UK happens like 9/11 but this time in an even more surprising way.
Another possible "surprise" date for an US attack could be middle to late August or September since both are buzzy months but each for different reasons.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Hurm..I suspected that the Cheney/Bush mob wolud make an attempt to attack Iran before thier term runs out,I paid little attention to the dates that this proposed war in the news.Personally,I did not think they wolud try something this stupid.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangeroftheeast
reply to post by UnD3rg0uND

Guys, I'm pretty sure I can explain this.

It's probably the result of a very simple mix up and if anyone was around here this time last year they will remember this.

Ok, so what is this story? "Terrible rumors from Russia continue to swirl around the Middle East that the Cheney-Bush junta has decided to bomb Iran on April 4th or 6th"

Rumors from Russia about an attack on Iran around April 6th - Right?

In fact, just do a search for "iran april 6th" in google and you'll get thousands of hits all about Russian rumors of an attack on Iran around April 6th....It was all over the internet at the time, 'Operation Bite' - remember?

It's pretty clear that all thats happened here is that the same story has been reported again by accident due to lew rockwell seeing one of these articles and maybe not realising it was from 2007 - not 2008.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by rangeroftheeast]

I was not going to use your quotes as this feature is supposed to be used for direct addressing. However- to assist in conserving bandwidth I deleted the links.

I would (and have myself) invited numerologists into this thread because it is extremely important!!!!!

Run your own software and numbers relating to dates and times and some incredibly shocking information reveals and predicts that this WILL happen and has been carefully planned accordingly.

I say hold onto your butts, because this is no longer about politics and public opinion- this may also explain why Bush is running around the world, dancing happily while peeling layers of clothes off so disrespectfully. He is celebrating is my theory because nothing can be done about it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   

RED ALERT CANCELLED FRIDAY MARCH 28. PROBABILITY OF WAR IN THE MIDDLE EAST DURING THE NEXT 6 WEEKS REMAINS HIGH.

PLANS ARE IN MOTION FOR A FALSE-FLAG ATTACK USING A NUCLEAR WEAPON MOUNTED ON A SCUD MISSILE. THIS MISSILE HAS BEEN SMUGGLED INTO WESTERN IRAN FOR LAUNCHING. THE MOST LIKELY TARGET WILL BE A HIGH RESISTANCE AREA IN OCCUPIED IRAQ. -MORE DETAILS SOON-

www.ken-welch.com...

PS: Sorry for the CAPS, but I copied the text 1:1 from the website...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
I think we should be watching the fight in Basra.
If US forces prevail and the Sadrists are weakened, then and only then will the door be opened for an attack on Iran.
When Bushbaby said Basra was a defineing moment he wasn't kidding.
It's going to get interesting in the next few weeks.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
From what I am hearing the attack is going to happend sooner then the 4th or 6th. I have a friend that works for the military and has top secret access and he told me that # is going to go down fast, very fast in the next 48 to 72 hours. The only reason he tells me this is because I took care of him mother when she was sick. So this source would not lie to me. He told me we might not be save in the US. Just passing on what he told me.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
This seems a little ironic to me personally if this turns out to be right due to the fact that I was working on a project for one of my high school classes called Modern War. The project was to create plans for an American attack into Iran, we had two teams and a group of others working as freelance intell agents. One team was the Americans (the one I was on) and the other Iran.
We did things like planning the attacks on sites, where we would attack from, what we would use, how many men we would use, etc.
I was the one who planned the operational aspect of things, basically the strategy. The strategy I came up with was a coordinated raid to disable Iran's nuclear sites, destroy some of their primary military bases, and disrupting their communications.
Sorry if I was going off topic.
And to verify, I'm in high school is anyone wanted to know.
Edit: Additional info, the attack was based as a raid and not to be an invasion like in Iraq or Afghanistan. Just knock out a few things and get out.

[edit on 29-3-2008 by spec_ops_wannabe]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88
From what I am hearing the attack is going to happend sooner then the 4th or 6th. I have a friend that works for the military and has top secret access and he told me that # is going to go down fast, very fast in the next 48 to 72 hours. The only reason he tells me this is because I took care of him mother when she was sick. So this source would not lie to me. He told me we might not be save in the US. Just passing on what he told me.

Take that crap to GLP

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by TimeTracker

that might be indeed a very important factor when it comes to the possible invasion of Iran and how the available troops overseas can cope with the whole situation when another war unfolds at another not too distant place. i really hope that the scenario at hand is not going to become a sad reality once again because neither the U.S. nor Israel can win a conventional war against people with an immense guerilla warfare potential who will rather chose to die than being occupied like the citizens of Iraq.

just my two cents...

[edit on 29-3-2008 by EBE154]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Just a note to those of you that think the US ARMY'S forces are spread too thin to support another war

there are about 180 000 US troops currently involved in the war in the middle east right now.

The US still has about 1 239 000 troops available for combat, and about 372 000 of these available troops are ARMY.

Not to mention the 110 000 000 available if they institute a draft.. So this whole "US army simply could not support a war in Iran is BS"

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
I was very interested to read this thread as only last night was I looking at the astrological indicators for USA conflict with Iran.

Whilst I accept that many people do not accept the validity of many (all?) astrological theories the symbolism expressed over the 4th-5th of May is startling.

I began my research on an intuitive hunch and this thread merely confirms my instincts. I am in an internet cafe now - but when I return home I shall post my full astrological findings - suffice it to say they are very suggestive and in favour of an incident over the above dates.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join