It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
Can you do some sort of intervention with family members and friends?
Perhaps they can all bring a hygiene product along as a hint!
Originally posted by MrPenny
Some lighthearted response here to what may be a symptom of serious mental issues. "Self neglect" is a common negative symptom of schizophrenia.
You need to get this person to a health professional....soon.
Originally posted by TheDuckster
Mabey I should just keep these things to myself...and not bother anyone else.
Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Some things need to be stated before we start going on about not bathing. I do believe there are certain scenarios that would allow for not bathing for days on end, these include.
1. Camping or survival situations- You can't be expected to bathe regularly if you are no where near a proper facility. Not only that, but it's part of the fun.
2. Lack of hot water- I'll hunt for a location if need be usually, but if my gas is turned off, I'm pretty sure I'd have no problem not bathing.
3. Weekends- Unless the weekend involves a specific event, meeting or social situation, bathing over the weekend is not necessary. This includes holidays or in-house vacations.
4. When you don't really smell that bad- Can cologne cover it up? Then you're fine.
5. When you smell bad, but you're not going to see anyone you particularly care about- Why bother right? I mean, they probably smell too.
6. If it's not Monday morning- If it's not Monday, you don't need to shower.
Originally posted by jedimiller
you should divorce that guy. men like me shower everyday and take care of ourselves.