It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My partner REFUSES to shower/bathe himself

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Ask me when the last time he showered? Ummmm don't...This is rather embarassing for me to bring up, but I NEED to bring this up for good reasons.

This is the most embarrasssing thing so far, in my mind, that I've ever brought up on the boards.

I really want to see the rubber hit the road on this one!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:48 PM
link   
When I do laundry...I do laundry for others as well as myself.

Many times, I can smell his being on our clothes. Do you know what I mean?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

may i suggest you bring out the good old
hose pipe? or better still hire a power washer and use the Hose to its full pottential

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
If you don't mind me asking, how long has your partner been acting that way? Both with the nonshowering and what you mentioned in the other thread.

Because it sounds to me like he is having some type of behavioral disorder.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
When is the last time he showered?

Does he seem depressed?
...or does he have a water phobia?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

This is a fantiastic idea!....Now how do I go about cleaning mr.wench without drowning the guy? Believe me...I've thought of your idea... and then SOME.!!!!

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDuckster

Oh my, between this thread and your other peeing in a pot one, I just have to ask, is he really depressed or something? Could this be early signs of alzheimers?

This doesn't sound like the behavior of just a lazy person. It sounds like he needs to go talk to somebody.

It almost sounds like he is reverting to the mentality of a child.

Hang in there!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Givenmay

Ok...you're NOT going to believe me when I tell you this....

more than 2 years ago Yep...Swear to Almighty God.

......Sick eh?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

Depressed? That's what I think.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

......Sick eh?

~Ducky~

No way! How could you stand it for that long? Does he at least do a spong bath and wash his hair?

Really, there is something seriously wrong here, outside of it just being gross!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

No way! How could you stand it for that long? Does he at least do a spong bath and wash his hair?

Really, there is something seriously wrong here, outside of it just being gross!

I don't stand for it. I'm in a 'hateful snit' right now, and NO he doesn't even 'spnge bath'. Probably for the reasons that I don't have sex with him.

And YES... there is SERIOUSLY SOMETHING WRONG HERE.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Maybe you should try running a bubble bath and wash him yourself!
I know I would if my man was dirty!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Can you do some sort of intervention with family members and friends?

Perhaps they can all bring a hygiene product along as a hint!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Sounds good to me as well....YET.. how do you propose on phsycially putting a 6' 1" man in the bathtub, when he doesn't want anything to do with it? I'm 5'ft 8-9 inches, I have a VERY GOOD STRENGHT ABOUT ME and yet....are YOU supposing that I wrestle this man to bathe his body for his general good?

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
It sounds to me like he is having a mental breakdown of some kind. I've seen this kind of thing before.

I spent a good portion of last year watching my uncle slowly lose his mind. And he was showing some of the same behavioral querks that you have described.

I would suggest trying to get him some help but that is easier said than done since he would most likely try to resist. As they say, you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

If you can get him some help, then do that. If not, then get out of there. Those are your only options. Unless you want to spend the rest of your life taking care of an adult baby who continues to deteriorate and refuses to co-operate.

Also, being around a mentally unstable person is dangerous to you. Like I said, I've seen this sort of thing happen before so I know what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

I've even asked him earlier today: "When are you going to shower?" He replied: "Next F'ing year...now leave me alone."

That's what I have to contend with.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDuckster

......Sick eh?

~Ducky~

"Oh ,my"
No way! Does he not shave either?
This kinda reminds me of the woman stuck to the toilet!
I've heard about people getting depressed and not showering for a while but, 2 years?
I did'nt know you would have to wrestle him, thats crazy!

There is no way he feels good right now being that dirty!

Is he on any medication, or addicted to anything?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Mabey I should just keep these things to myself...and not bother anyone else.

~Ducky~

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Well since I don't know the whole back story I can only make assumptions. But I would assume that he probably does not work either. I can't imagine any employer hanging onto to an employee that does not take care of himself. So I'm guessing that he leaches off you while sitting around making a mess of himself and the apartment. Correct me if I'm wrong, but thats the impression that I'm getting.

It also sounds like he doesn't give you much respect. I would say its time to make a decision. If he won't get his act together then you should probably get away from him. Like I said, he could become a danger to you as well as himself.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Lightmare

Well since I don't know the whole back story I can only make assumptions. But I would assume that he probably does not work either

Believe or not...the odd time.. he 'shaves himself'.

But as far as showering/bathing himself...it happens like a lunar eclipse. (few and far between)

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join