It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture show you Lama's violence in Tibet riot

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   
x.bbs.sina.com.cn...

Don't know whether you can open this link.

A group of thug protected under cassork are attacking the PLA who only defend them with shield.
Oh. the monks are totally thugs. IT's not as peaceful as they claimed at all.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by pityonu]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Just because they are dressed like monks does not make them so. They are supporters of the beliefs, that does not mean they have to apply the beliefs themselves to defend them.
The Lama wont tell them to stop because it is their choice to have started in the first place.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Where are you getting this information?
Do you live there or what?
Remember monks are still people too and just as capable of becoming pissed off with the government.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PeaceUk
Where are you getting this information?
Do you live there or what?
Remember monks are still people too and just as capable of becoming pissed off with the government.

Of course I get it from the net. There are lots of real pics about the riot, try google some for youself. I recommend to download or transfer it to another safe place because I don't know when it will be deleted.

Come on, man. Why don't believe the fact but not try to blind and deceive yourself. "The truth is just there, all you need is to open your eyes"

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by PeaceUk

Just as capable yes. But a monk takes vows, a monk holds his vows over the external situation.
I get my information from the Lama's teachings, and listening to the Lama's view on the situation.
If they break their vows, I guess you could still call them a monk, but as a student, would you take advice from someone who cant even keep their vows in the face of death poverty and homelessness?
The lama knows whats going on, he chooses to understand rather than get pissed off and fight.

sorry for not being more strict with my terminology, I was just trying to point out that even though you wear the cloth, does not mean you fully understand or embrace what it represents.

I can easily say this though, as there is no thousands of years of heritage here in my home in the USA, and I cannot relate to the depth of the situation, but I do know, that I would rather die a humble man than give into violence and risk dying in anger or frustration, even if it is at the cost of not defending a land that will inevitably be taken by force for corporate or economical means.
And on another note, I don't think real monks care what you label them as, all I know is that in breaking vows, it hurts your credibility to the outside world.
I meant no offense.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Chinese operatives would seem to be in a full media-blitz mode bad-Engrish and all. Fun to watch on this site, others and the news. Those Olympic Rings may be circling the drain. To quote Ross Perrault, "Do you hear that sucking sound?"

No one will spoil George Bush's vacation though. Can you imagine what would occur if the current President of the USA were to have anything happen to him in China?

Speak'

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Looks to me like Chinese propaganda at it's usual finest...then again they MUST be Monks if their clothes match the profile...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Even if they are monks, violence is sometimes necessary. Or is it only government allowed to use violence?

You want us to condemn people for using violence with out us considering why they're being violent? When people get angry, because some self appointed outside entity that wants to impose their authority on you, they tend to get violent. Would you just sit by passively and let your country be overrun with what you don't want?

Governments will never be honest with you if they know by lying they will get want they want. It's just like here in the US, you believe you represent your government, and your government represents you. But the reality is the governments of the world represent a few elite wealthy families and you mean nothing to them. To them we are a commodity to be used as needed, if that means use ends with death there's plenty more lined up behind to take their place. So why do you believe what they're telling you?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakEasyOne
Chinese operatives would seem to be in a full media-blitz mode bad-Engrish and all. Fun to watch on this site, others and the news. Those Olympic Rings may be circling the drain. To quote Ross Perrault, "Do you hear that sucking sound?"

No one will spoil George Bush's vacation though. Can you imagine what would occur if the current President of the USA were to have anything happen to him in China?

Speak'

Your reply goes too far away from the point.

1. Every chinese poster are identified as "operatives", "propagator" or something in your mind. Use you head! Do you really think the govern will pay to the numerous user in all forums? It's as ridiculous as UN govern will pay you. Can't you read my words? So it's good enough to express idea. I'm not a rhetor. What you say was only an absolute libel on me to satisfy your seamy distorted soul.

2. I don't know what's your meaning of the bull# about Bush. I don't care about him though. All I see in you word is bandit's logic.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Perhaps the monks are unhappy with the fact that the Chinese invaded their county and won't leave.

I can see that after 60 years the tibetan people would be unset with the chinese.

Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The thing that really has me scratching my head is the fact that the Chinese riot police almost look to be cowering from the unarmored "Monks" and their sticks...wouldn't you be fighting back against the "Monks" to restore order, especially considering how unarmed they are?

Either this picture is being displayed seriously out of context by the Chinese government, or they're just plain lying and those people aren't really Monks at all...I would say both are very much possible.

AND I don't know why I didn't catch this now as it's obviously out in the open (blame it on my brain farting), only one of the "Monks" appears to have any type of weapon, and it's a stick...so did a bunch of "Monks" armed with their fists and one stick take on Chinese police, and did they provoke it? I hardly doubt it....but then again maybe I'm just dumb and stupid,

[edit on 27-3-2008 by matth]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by pityonu

I didn't mention "you" pityonu. Libel? OK. File suit, complain or whine, you should watch some "Western News". I'd recommend CBC or Global on the web which are both being blocked in China by censors.

It's so clear that Tibet is full of "terrorists" like Beijing has fresh clean air.

The radio is pretty good too. When will China release Huseyincan Celil? Or disclose to Canada and his family where China is holding him? How is the harvesting of political prisoner's organs going dude? As well as the thumping of chests and Tibetans? Got any lead paint left for children's toys? Olympics are coming. Lots of "good" attention.

The guy in Ottawa; the ambassador mouth-piece, did he ever make a horses-arse of himself today. I'd post the video but you might find that a "terrorist act", LOL. China is so not-cool, unlike the real China - Taiwan.

Kung Hei fat Choi bro', I'll order some Szechuan hot and sour soup for din-din. Gong Xi Fa Kai.

Speak'

[edit on 27-3-2008 by SpeakEasyOne]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by pityonu

You don't have to be paid by them. You're Chinese, you may have pride invested in that fact even though you did not choose to be born chinese and have nothing to do with anything any other chinese person has accomplished or will accomplish.

When dealing with pride there's always a chance you'll defend what you're proud of even though what you're proud of should be criticized. Your bias can blind you from the truth of the situation. That's why some people aren't going to take you seriously, because they believe you haven't taken a look at this situation from the a Tibetan's point of view.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
Even if they are monks, violence is sometimes necessary. Or is it only government allowed to use violence?

You want us to condemn people for using violence with out us considering why they're being violent? When people get angry, because some self appointed outside entity that wants to impose their authority on you, they tend to get violent. Would you just sit by passively and let your country be overrun with what you don't want?

Governments will never be honest with you if they know by lying they will get want they want. It's just like here in the US, you believe you represent your government, and your government represents you. But the reality is the governments of the world represent a few elite wealthy families and you mean nothing to them. To them we are a commodity to be used as needed, if that means use ends with death there's plenty more lined up behind to take their place. So why do you believe what they're telling you?

I see your points, all government initially are built to serve the majority but eventually became the machine controlled by "upper-class" minority to oppress normal citizen. I agree with that.

However there are addition materials, some confessions disclosed that the monks and thugs are PAID to set fire, vandalize and steal. They are also victims to a certain extent, but they have to be responsible for what they have done.

I believe there always is one black hand in all the large scale event, even in the revolution. Most of the attender are unwitting to the dark side of events and will be dropped when useless after the events. So I want to show mercy to the thugs, but wont forgive them for the destruction to the city and pain to the citizens. One exact description to this event is "Criminals must be punished" You don't need to exculpate(sorry I don't know which word should be used here as a beginning English speaker) for crimes by raising this up to a political height.

Or, you can know the all things better when having realize all aspects of the riot. To note, all events involved in politics are dirty. The best method to solve matters is beating each 50 times with plank.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is the incident of 10-11 march which the OP refers to.

youtube.com...

preciousmetal.wordpress.com...

www.tchrd.org...

govofchinawatch.wordpress.com...

Publishing one photo without the context is just a distortion.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by sy.gunson]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by pityonu
One exact description to this event is "Criminals must to punished" You don't need to exculpate for crimes by raising this up to a political height.

I don't mean to be an ass but it seems a little fishy that with the broken English being employed that a word that few English speaking people know would be employed here.

I'm not saying anything, but..............

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by matth
The thing that really has me scratching my head is the fact that the Chinese riot police almost look to be cowering from the unarmored "Monks" and their sticks...wouldn't you be fighting back against the "Monks" to restore order, especially considering how unarmed they are?

Either this picture is being displayed seriously out of context by the Chinese government, or they're just plain lying and those people aren't really Monks at all...I would say both are very much possible.

AND I don't know why I didn't catch this now as it's obviously out in the open (blame it on my brain farting), only one of the "Monks" appears to have any type of weapon, and it's a stick...so did a bunch of "Monks" armed with their fists and one stick take on Chinese police, and did they provoke it? I hardly doubt it....but then again maybe I'm just dumb and stupid,

[edit on 27-3-2008 by matth]

The monks final purpose is to provoke the police...
Because Dali Lama like to see blood in this event(so he order monks and encourage thugs to rob, set fire,kill innocent people) and if that he will happily announced that bloody PLA suppressed a peaceful parade. See the trick and trap there?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

One exact description to this event is "Criminals must to punished" You don't need to exculpate for crimes by raising this up to a political height.

I don't mean to be an ass but it seems a little fishy that with the broken English being employed that a word that few English speaking people know would be employed here.

I'm not saying anything, but..............

I'm sorry for that ,as a nonnative english speaker, I would like to learn some real English here, thanks for pointing out

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I'm sorry for that ,as a nonnative english speaker, I would like to learn some real English here, thanks for pointing out

No, you missed my point. How would someone that isn't a native English speaker even know that word? I've been studying my own language for over 40 years and had to look that one up.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

No, you missed my point. How would someone that isn't a native English speaker even know that word? I've been studying my own language for over 40 years and had to look that one up.

Yes, there are even more words seldom used in normal life. But we can't learn that from classes. Get it? It's a shame to the education. Especially to the language teaching which mainly taught by a nonnative-speaker.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join