It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A picture show you Lama's violence in Tibet riot

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
Would you mind providing the news and or testimony of this claim of Tibetans that students were being paid?

They as in Chinese, Not they as in themselves.

Reference to Chinese NOT Tibetans

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by chinawhite

Yes I understand. I have read a couple of articles out of canada concerning the pro-china rally. I do not recall having read that Tibetans were accusing anyone of having been a part of the rally because they were paid. I am asking for your source.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I am asking for your source.

My understanding is that the Tibetans claimed they were government agents who organized the protest, thus being paid

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Your understanding based upon what?... Rumor, news, testimony of friends?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Your understanding based upon what?... Rumor, news, testimony of friends?

News. I am fairly sure the news source was Canadian, but it was a local on-line newspaper. It said something about the Chinese consulate and accused them of being organized by the Chinese government

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My suggestion was not stating the the Tibetans claimed that every protester was a paid spectator but the suggestion that the protest was organized by the Chinese government. I hope that clears the meaning of my post

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Perhaps this is the news you were referring to? www.ctv.ca...

Your accusation contained the word 'paid".

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Your accusation contained the word 'paid".

I should have chosen my words better then because I was referring to their claim that they were forced to be there by Chinese agents. Maybe forced would have been a better word

EDIT: It still doesn't explain why the Tibetans claimed they were forced to be there which goes back to my initial post

[edit on 29-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I appreciate that. I have posted more than my share of statements that confused.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

There is nothing to prop up the claims of Tibetan activists that chinese students were required to ralley. Sounds like rumor, it could be true or it could be someone being a little too zealous, the later would not serve the Tibetans. We shall see if anything comes of it.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sounds like rumor, it could be true or it could be someone being a little too zealous, the later would not serve the Tibetans.

One of the reasons I tend to stay out of emotional debates because of the amount of rumor which gets used by both sides. Maybe the quotes I read on a Canadian website were taken out of context and their argument had something more to it. One of the reasons why I detest mass-media because the "truth" in whatever form gets simplified to much

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   

The simplification of the relationship between Tibet and China is a sin. It is a complicated and very emotional subject for many people. But I see so much that China could benefit from if only China could find a middle ground and return to the spirit of the seventeen point agreement. China demanded the respect of Tibetans, china needs to earn the respect of Tibetans.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Could this thread be made by an agent of china????? Hummmm maybe?????_javascript:icon('
')
_javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
western bias triggered indignation of Chinese all over the world
New Zealand
Vancouver
Munich
Germany
Calgary

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 12:57 AM
link   
more propaganda from the communists, all media outlets are corrupted. The Indochinese propaganda is for Chinese interest. Just as the us has its own. Tibet was a sovereign nation before China invaded it, Iraq was too. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There are 56 different ethnic groups in China
All of them are CHINESE.

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by chinawhite
My internet connection is capped until the new month but are you referring to the Falun Gong members who set themselves alight in Tienanmen square?. The biggest question is if they were staging a fake event, why did they allow a CNN crew to be in the square and then take their film?

I was referring to the staged self-immolation of the Chinese communist government. I do not understand your point about the capped Internet connection. You either have an Internet connection and could browse and watch movies on YouTube, or either you cannot do anything. Unless if you are in China of course where the YouTube website is blocked. I just checked it. Anyway, take your time and see those videos carefully.

Obviously this documentary was not produced when the Falun Gong statement was released and the articles from the Western media were published, so it is not of a big importance to look at news articles prior to publishing that investigation.

I just found some other strange issues while watching the frames broadcasted by the Chinese TV stations and that were not mentioned by the investigation. For example the hair of the woman that was killed on the spot by the Chinese policeman was intact. Shouldn't the hair burn completely for a second if it is exposed to such huge flames?:

Of course the most ridiculous is this picture with the sitting man and it is even more ridiculous on the video. The same issue with the untouched hair. He is obviously wearing a thick layer of cloths, and seems like he has a mask on his face - see where the hairline is on his head:

Here is another shorter video about the same incident, that could be interesting for all of you guys here:

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarzar
I do not understand your point about the capped Internet connection.

It means when you use a certain amount of data (mine is 60GB) your internet connection is then slowed down to around about dial-up speed. That means when you try to load a youtube video it stalls for a snails pace then freezes

Obviously this documentary was not produced when the Falun Gong statement

That wouldn't even matter. Falun Gong already claimed the government staged the event and the Major news agencies would have done their own analysis. And from what I could see from the Video you linked to it was a amateurish job and poorly done as well.

The documentary other points were

- The Camera moved/zoomed in.

Obviously surveillance Cameras will most likely have a zoom in function and to cover a place the size of Tienanmen they would need Zoom and Wide angle coverage. Anyway, he claims it cant zoom in, how does he know what functions it has?.

- Why did they allow a CNN crew to be 50 feet away from it and then go take their film?. The reporters on the scene mention nothing about a staged event and reporters have a nous for snooping into other peoples business

- Why do they claim that a police man hit Liu with a blunt objective causing her death and then claiming that they are not even members of Falun Gong even though they had been to previous protest?. It doesn't make sense to claim it was staged then claim they killed her themselves

Have you ever seen Farenheit 9/11 or LooseChange. Both these films are done a lot better than this and both in the same genre.

Time magazine is the second best English language news agency in my opinion and always offer good insite.

Falun Gong's leaders badly flubbed their damage control after the immolations. Instead of acknowledging that the five protesters might have been misguided practitioners, they denied any connection with them. Implausibly, the Falun Gong website insists the episode was set up by government provocateurs. Few were convinced by that line. At the same time, Falun Gong's leaders abroad are demanding ever-higher levels of loyalty from followers. An editorial on the website calls for action "especially at Tiananmen Square," even though government repression has reduced the number of demonstrations there to basically nil. Li Hongzhi recently urged followers to use supernatural powers to immobilize the police and other "evil scoundrels" by pointing at them and thinking "freeze." Do that, he says, and they "will do whatever you want." Believers who renounce Falun Gong, even under duress in labor camps, are given little sympathy. They are expected to reaffirm their faith on the Falun Gong website and sign their names, despite facing certain rearrest. Although it's impossible to tell how many people still practice secretly, growing numbers seem to feel they can't meet the expectations of their exiled leaders. "Lots of people say they don't want me to give them information anymore," says the foreign-company accountant who distributes messages from the website.

For example the hair of the woman that was killed on the spot by the Chinese policeman was intact.

Actually its impossible to tell if it was hair or not hair. It looks just charred skin to me.

It might also have something to do with the way the petrol was poured because it would be hard to pour it on the back of your head and the fact that it was so cold. But im no expert in the chemical field

He is obviously wearing a thick layer of cloths, and seems like he has a mask on his face - see where the hairline is on his head:

It is winter in Beijing, thats mean snow and freezing sub-temperatures. If you dont wear clothes you'll get frost bit easily in that type of weather.

Secondly you mentioned that his face looks like a mask?. Well it is definitely no mask. Before and After shots of his face. I guess you have never seen a burns victim before because skin actually melts if you don't burn the whole way through. I'm not a expert in burn injuries but I have seen some and that is what it looks like

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by zarzar
I just found some other strange issues while watching the frames broadcasted by the Chinese TV stations and that were not mentioned by the investigation.

What investigation are you referring to?

New Tang Dynasty Television is an affiliated with Falun Gong and they have obvious reasons why they would release a movie based entirely on their own arguments, who would have guessed!!!!

[edit on 30-3-2008 by chinawhite]

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
What?! Are the anti-China crusaders also bringing the Falun Gong on the stage now? Wow, my kudos!

I have more and more the feeling trolls are here trying to get replies from to-these-trolls-hopefully-emotional Chinese ATS members.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join