It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible end time signs - how close are we?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The reason catholics are makeing sacrifices on their alters when Christ has already fulfilled any need for a sacrifice, is because catholics keep pagan traditions and traditions of men instead of heeding the actual words of the Bible which are the written words of God and Jesus. Let me ask you, why do you worship on Sunday and not on Saturday? Why do you celebrate the pagan holiday of easter instead of christian passover? Why do you insist Christ was born on Dec. 25 when he was born in Sept? Why do you have a human representation of Christ (Pope) when Jesus forbade any kind of authority of the sort? Why do you call a priest "father" when the only one to call "Father" is our creator? Why do you hold your St. Peter in high reguards when it was actually a traitor (Simon Magus) who posed as Simon Peter to start the Catholic sect of christianity? Why do you insist on prophecies written outside of the holy book? The Church of God is the only true original church. It is the church founded by Christ himself and carried on through his apostles. Forget what you thought was the truth in catholicism and research the truth. Visit www.ucg.org and see for yourself the truth behind christianity!

God give you strength and bless you on your journey to truth.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
All I can do when reading about the idea of communion as a sacrifice is shake my head.

I grew up around a "Catholic" church, just not Roman Catholic. From the way I understand it, R. Catholics are supposed to believe that the bread IS Jesus's body and the wine IS his blood, therefore the sacrifice, I guess.

All I can think of to type now is: "Do this in rememberance of me"

Even IF the bread and wine were meant as LITERALLY Jesus's body and blood, I would think that might only pertain to at THAT last supper. I sincerely doubt it though, as THE sacrifice was of Jesus himself.

We partake in communion as instructed to remember his sacrifice, not to renew it. IMHO

Here's a site for a look at translation and an interpretation discussion about the last supper and communion.

posted on Apr, 23 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

Sometimes I think I log on just to watch that little dancing bird for a short spell.
All I can say is that I'm not hoping you're wrong, but I certainly do hope that I'm right on this one. Somehow, I can't envision you being bothered much if Pre- takes Home the prize . .

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

I tell you this with the utmost respect but communion is a perversion of what we are suppose to celebrate. Easter was the pagan holiday that replaced passover and to keep passover tradition, the catholics adopted a weekly communion or however often they do it. The truth is, we are suppose to honor Christ's sacrifice on the passover. That's what the Last Supper was all about. Passover is when we eat the bread of his flesh and wine of his blood. Communion is just another man-made doctrine that the catholics made up.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by OptionToChoose

Hey, if pre-trib rapture takes the cake, so be it. I'll be ready for it. The whole idea of a pre-trib rapture never even crossed anyone's mind until the late 19th century by some protestant groups that thought being saved excluded you from the tribulation. All being saved does as far as the tribulation goes is protect you from God's wrath on earth. You are still prone to persecution. But, if it is pre-trib.... thank you Jesus! Allthough, I would want to live through that time because I would want to be a spreader of His word around those times. I want to be one of those who realizes what's going on while everyone else is going about things like it's nothing, that way I can help prepare some folks. Traditional Christianity and Catholicism have it all wrong and they always have. Sunday worship breaks a commandment of God. Easter and Christmas break another commandment (thou shall not worship false idols/bear false witness). That's 90% of christianity and I just want to do my part in spreading the truth. Visit www.ucg.org and read or order the free literature offered.

p.s.
I'm so happy people like my Chicken Little avitar. I feel like I'm screaming, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" and nobody hears me. In my case, "The social ladder is collapsing! Our economy is failing! A tornadoe just ripped through my downtown Atlanta! The European Union is taking over the world! Asia is joining forces with Russia to form the 200 million man army! The RFID chip holds the numbers '666' in them and they want to implant us with it!!!" Does anyone hear me?

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Locoman8

friend, respect is recieved and is reciprical. And so, I respectfully disagree.

II Eucharistic Communion
The fact that there is only one unequivocal usage of koinonia that refers to the eucharist should not make us think it is unimportant, or a late development The First Letter to the Corinthians was probably written in its present form before all the other texts quoted above (AD 55). It should however show us that eucharistic communion is only one aspect of communion. We can still see this today when we speak of 'the communion of saints' and 'the Anglican Communion'.

How did eucharistic communion develop in the church? Jesus and his disciples were Jews. The Old Testament was their Bible. In that, hospitality at meals was a vital expression of fellowship. Thus Genesis 18 (see Rublev's ikon); contrast Psalm 41:9 and 10. In the Old Testament sacrificial system the worshipper ate from the sacrifice of the peace offering, as it were with God. This was particularly true of the Passover (Exod. 12; Lev.7:15), but eating the blood was not allowed (Lev. 17:10-12). In the New Testament Jesus is known for having table fellowship with people (Luke 5:30; unlike John the Baptist, Luke 7:33, 34 and 15:2).

Whether or not the Last Supper was at Passover, it clearly was a fellowship meal to which Jesus intended to impart new religious significance. The two earliest recorded accounts mention a (new) covenant in Jesus' blood, which the disciples are to drink (contrast the Old Testament), and use the words "This (is) my body", "This (is) my blood" (Mark 14:22-25; 1 Cor. 11:23-26) over the bread and the wine. Only I Corinthians mentions the instruction to do it regularly in memory of Christ. Jesus broke bread with the disciples at Emmaus (Luke 24:30, 35), and Acts 1:4 may refer to Jesus eating with the disciples. It is clear that, however the eucharist developed in those early days, it was very important for holding local churches together, and Paul in particular emphasised this (I Cor. 11: 17-22; Gal. 2:11, 12). The rules agreed at the Council of Jerusalem were probably formulated to maintain eucharistic communion (Acts 15:19,20).

source

1 Corinthians 11:23-26 NIV
23For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.

Passover is from the Old Testament, and YES, Jesus did take part, but he also used it to start something NEW. I do not believe (and please, correct me if I am wrong) that the NT says the the sharing of the Lord's supper (we call it communion) should only be on Passover, and that we are not called to take part in communion, and dare I say it, as often as we can.

Anytime we are sharing with eachother, be it through "sacrament" (Bread and wine - not juice, a meal - Lord's supper, love feasts, Jesus meals) study, discussion, and prayer (spiritual food), etc... if we do it in remembrance of him, it is communion.

posted on Apr, 24 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
reply to post by OptionToChoose

[snip]
Allthough, I would want to live through that time because I would want to be a spreader of His word around those times. I want to be one of those who realizes what's going on while everyone else is going about things like it's nothing, that way I can help prepare some folks.

I totally agree with that. Didn't realize I did, until it came out of my mouth one day while discussing the tribulation w/ my best friend... kinda-of shocked myself. My friend is a youth minister (Nazarene) and for some reason, she calls ME her Traditional Christianity and Catholicism have it all wrong and they always have. Sunday worship breaks a commandment of God. Easter and Christmas break another commandment (thou shall not worship false idols/bear false witness). That's 90% of christianity and I just want to do my part in spreading the truth. Visit www.ucg.org and read or order the free literature offered.

p.s.
I'm so happy people like my Chicken Little avitar. I feel like I'm screaming, "The sky is falling! The sky is falling!" and nobody hears me. In my case, "The social ladder is collapsing! Our economy is failing! A tornadoe just ripped through my downtown Atlanta! The European Union is taking over the world! Asia is joining forces with Russia to form the 200 million man army! The RFID chip holds the numbers '666' in them and they want to implant us with it!!!" Does anyone hear me?

posted on Apr, 25 2008 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by enigma77

Passover is celebrated from sun down friday night to sun down saturday night. The Last Supper was on the Passover holy day. Jesus did say in the gospel to always keep the passover holy. The Last supper simply signified the new covenant of passover. He would be the sacrificial lamb of the passover as he was betrayed and killed on passover. You even said the bread and wine tradition was to be celebrated in remembrance of his death until he returns. That's what christian passover is. Communion is weekly and most people who participate in it don't realize the significance of what the bread and wine mean. Though you do it in good faith, communion was never mentioned in the NT. Even if passover is part of the Old Testament, that didn't change anything as far as celebrating the holy days. All Old Testament holy days are to be celebrated still. Jesus did nothing to do away with those holy days. He simply emphasizes new meaning to those days. The Roman Empire with the help of the Roman Catholics changed many of these holy days in order to separate christianity from Judaism. Even the Jews don't celebrate some of these sacred days anymore. My biggest argument is between celebrating Easter over Passover. Easter is a perversion of christianity. it's an old ancient pagan holiday celebrating the god and goddess of fertility which is where the easter bunny and easter egg come from. I hate how perverted traditional christianity has become.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join