It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bible end time signs - how close are we?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
as we all know, one of the signs nearing the tribulation is the 'abomination of desolation'. this is where the antichrist is revealed. he is suppose to stop the sacrifices in the temple, and place his image in the temple and claim he is god. it is said by doing this, he has broken the 7 year peace treaty with israel, and sparks off the big war. i don't know how true this is, but i've heard rumors that the temple institute in jeruselum is preparing for a 3rd temple to be built. i've also heard that george bush is off to jeruselum in may to establish a peace treaty to settle the israeli-arab conflict. he himself predicts that he will solve the conflict before he leaves office. hmm... interesting that he could make such a claim. is he just being over-confident-bush as usual, or does he know something we don't?

but i've also heard another theory, that the 7 year peace treaty infact has already been established by the EU with it's Budget plans, which israel was the first to sign. but i don't know if this is the peace treaty the bible is referring to.

i'm not saying that these are the signs, but surely it raises some eyebrows. i just would like to know everyones thoughts are on this.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:58 AM
link   
The New Testament teaches that every aspect of life (war; rumors of war; famine; earthquakes -- even in strange places for that to occur; rampant disease; violence as common; racial strife; roaring of the wind and waves of the sea; parents killing kids; kids killing parents; excessive lust for sex, money, power, love growing cold in the hearts of many ...) will be in disarray when it is time for the Christ to become physically involved with earth again.

Is it safe to say that such conditions have befallen our planet?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been posted before,

www.youtube.com...

This is one of the most eagerly anticipated signs I am waiting for, the Resurrection of John Paul II.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
It is interesting and perhaps slightly scary that Christianity is not the only religion whose prophecies of the end of the world/end of an era/approach of Judgement Day seem to be coming to fruition.

We all know about the coming end of the Mayan Calendar in 2011-2012.

For the signs of the coming of Judgement day according to the religion of Islam, many of which appear to be fulfilled, see my recent thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Bashibozkedi]

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Bashibozkedi]

posted on Apr, 1 2008 @ 07:51 AM
link   
The most obvious sign is that of the re-established Israel in 1948 and the control of Jerusalem by the Jews. I see the link between the statue that Daniel explains and the four great empires of the world. Babylonian was the greatest of the 4. The Medo-Persian Empire, Greco-Macedonian Empire, and the Roman Empire were the remaining 3. The legs of the statue are made of Iron which represents the Roman Empire and the feet of the statue are made of Iron and Clay with the 10 toes. This represents the revival of the Roman Empire in the end-times. The European Union is this Roman Empire. If you visit this web page, which is a "United Church of God" web page, it will go into detail about the prophecy of Daniel and how accurate he was with the predictions that came true earlier.

www.ucg.org...

The ucg.org site has much information that I urge you to look at. They actually trace the origins of the U.S. and Great Britain to the lost ten tribes of Israel through historical facts. Read what you can and see just how close we are to the biblical "end-times." The middle east has a lot to do with this also.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by roche

That was a good video and I have never seen the evidence of the popes related to the seven kings that way, That makes perfect sense. Thanks. I you like reading I have a great two books for you. Torn Sky and Torn Sky Project Jerusalem by Kathleen Keating. I read them in two nights they were so good, I highly recommend them.

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Whether there will be a temple or not is an interesting question.

The prophecies in Daniel, talk about the sacrifices being halted.

For the sacrificial system to resume, I don't think a full blown temple, is required. It is quite possible that a tent structure could be used, such a structure could be completed very rapidly. This was of course, what was used during the days of Moses, and certainly God was present during its use.

One of the critical ingredients needed were and are the ashes of a red heifer, the problem in the past with this, is obtaining red heifers, I think at one point it was not even known if any red heifers still existed. We have them now, and the Temple Institute has access to them.

But certainly, any resumption of the daily sacrifice in Jerusalem would be a major sign we are close to the end.

[edit on 20-4-2008 by SirPaulMuaddib]

posted on Apr, 20 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirPaulMuaddib
Whether there will be a temple or not is an interesting question.

The prophecies in Daniel, talk about the sacrifices being halted.

For the sacrificial system to resume, I don't think a full blown temple, is required. It is quite possible that a tent structure could be used, such a structure could be completed very rapidly. This was of course, what was used during the days of Moses, and certainly God was present during its use.

One of the critical ingredients needed were and are the ashes of a red heifer, the problem in the past with this, is obtaining red heifers, I think at one point it was not even known if any red heifers still existed. We have them now, and the Temple Institute has access to them.

But certainly, any resumption of the daily sacrifice in Jerusalem would be a major sign we are close to the end.

you point out several things which need explored....

A 'Temple' which you point out in a later paragraph can be just a
Tent structure would suffice....
to be more exact,
a 'Temple' would not be a tent which actually 'covers' an area...
a canvas or any fabric 'perimeter' which defines an open air
space that has an un-obstructed view of the heavens is technically a Temple Area.
I think you are thinking of the enclosed 'Holy-of-Holies' as the "Temple"
~~~~ wrong ! ~~~~ but in a nice way friend.... the transportable Temple was merely a fabric partition which had in it's enclosure the parts known as the inner-court/ the outer-court/ the Holy-of-Holies(Tabernacle)

either in the present or in a not so distant future,
a section of Israeli land- which has those imposing walls meant to exclude the Palestinian areas- could very well be built so as to encompass an area of land which is oin all 4 sides enclosed=>

It would only take the voice/authority/determination of the newly re-established Sanhedrin to authorize or declare the enclosed tract of land as an official "Temple"-------------- and we can take-it-from-there..........
and extrapolate about unblemished Red Heiffer Sacrifices
at the Altar contained in the newly designated "Temple"

It's scary to me... but i think i've said too much already,
watch some person or group seize on this message/explaination and
make a bundle on the idea.

Oh well, i didn;t make a bundle on the homo-&-pedophile priests expose' nor the 9-11 event, nor the 1980s most studied super-nova in the southern hemisphere, nor the mad-cow & prions issues in the food chain years before the Titor time-traveler stories....just to cite a few
Grin-&-Bear-It, as they say....

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Why do people think the sacrificial system will be started again and stopped by some anti-christ? The prophecies in Daniel are about the messiah, him being cut off midweek (3 1/2 year ministry), and him putting an end of the sacrificial system through his everlasting sacrifice. This is symbolised by the veil in the temple being torn in two upon his death, puttin and end to the need for the temple and the sacrifical system, and him confirming his covenant/testament with the many ("For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins" Matthew 26:28)

Read the prophecy of Daniel again with this in mind...

Dan 9:24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

There will not be another temple, the temple mount will lay desolate until the time of the consumation (the return of Christ), just as it says. The first son of perdition was one of the 12, Judas, the second was also part of the church who lifted himself up obove God and caused the temprory destruction of the church, the body of Christ, the spirtual temple, just as the actions of the first son of perdition (Judas) led to the temporary destruction of the physical body of Christ on the cross. Many prophecies have dual physcial and spirutal meanings. These prophecies have been fullfilled if you know what to look for, and you know where the true church is.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Here's something;
Very interesting!
Israel News- Jerusalem

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
The third temple already exists, but as usual peaople tend to focus on the physical.....

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

1Corinthians 3:17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

1Corinthians 6:19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

2Corinthians 6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them ; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by doctorex

You are right about the Temple being our bodies but, there will be a third Temple where daily sacrifices are made again.
The anti-christ will go there and proclaim himself God, before Armageddon.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
The rapture needs to happen 1st. Some people think it might be this year, some even think its this month.

When the rapture happens, its the endtimes for sure.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The rapture is post-tribulation. I hate to burst your bubble but just read in the book of Matthew Chapter 24 in the Olivet Prophecy. Jesus said that he will call on his elect AFTER the tribulation of those days.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Locoman8
The rapture is post-tribulation. I hate to burst your bubble but just read in the book of Matthew Chapter 24 in the Olivet Prophecy. Jesus said that he will call on his elect AFTER the tribulation of those days.

Are you absolutely positive, my friend? Because if that' so, now I'm wondering at what point the Marriage Festival of the Lamb takes place, since post-Trib Messiah is now on earth for the Millennial Reign, never having fulfilled the Feast of the Day of the Awakening Blast? .. Not to mention that this would also mean that the believers did indeed suffer the time of Wrath coming upon the whole world of Rev. 3:10, which they seemed so sincerely to have been Promised to expect to avoid, as their patient endurance had already been tested.

Just curious.

posted on Apr, 21 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies
reply to post by doctorex

You are right about the Temple being our bodies but, there will be a third Temple where daily sacrifices are made again.
The anti-christ will go there and proclaim himself God, before Armageddon.

The prophecies say nothing about the temple sacrifices starting again, the prophecies in Daniel are talking about the messiah, and how Jesus' sacrifice would put an end to the temple sacrifices.

If the temple already exists now as the church of God, what makes you think a physical temple needs to be rebuilt for the son of perdition to sit in it and place himself higher than God?

2Thessalonians 2:4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God.

That prophecy is written by Paul, and what does Paul say over and over again who and what the temple is when talking to the church?

1Corinthians 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 06:59 AM
link   
It is post-trib. What people don't realize is that God will protect the faithful from his plagues and wrath.... however, the anti-christ/satan will be able to do what he/she wants with you. It's like the apostles after the death of Christ. They traveled all over to spread the word of Christ and ended up persecuted for being a christian. It is the same for the end-times. Read my thread about the rapture and see what I'm talking about. I have scripture showing that the rapture will be post-trib.

www.belowtopsecret.com...'

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The Kingdom of GOD is so close, it's within you. That's how close we are.

It's not something to work for or to wait on to appear. The Kingdom of GOD is now at hand.

The only door into the city is Jesus Christ. Whatever that is outside of the city is in darkness and doesn't know where it goes.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Well the sacrafice talked about in Daniel is the living sacrafice which takes place on our alters in the Catholic church..

This will be stopped when antichrist arrives for a while... and the fact is that malachias talks about this sacrafice spreading throughout the Earth...

Padre pio said, the guy in my picture, it would be easier for the world to exist without the Sun then without Communion... I know what communion does for the soul, I used to be protestant and have felt the difference..

He enters in an explosive way I can't even describe... Anyways when antichrist comes he will take away our continual sacrafice for a while and replace it with something he creates I think that's how it is going to go...

Like I posted over and over, go read my post about the prophecies of antichrist, i will update it soon...

We are going to go into a WW3 with nukes, and right now at this very moment we are in the great confusion where because of this earths sins, God has left the Earth to itself and everybody is in confusion...

God divided the end into 12 parts in that prophecy that I posted and the 11th is the age of wickedness and unchastity, and the last part is confusion because of the age of sin...

Satan enters a soul and blinds the undertsnading when we sin....

Also I made a post about two boys who fit the antichrists prophecy from Lasalette, yet I don't know if it is them, but if it is, then they would be on the scene in 2016.... so we will go past 2012...

peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Any sacrifice offered on any Catholic alter is completely useless and uneeded.

Hebrews 10:10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

HEBREWS 7:26 For such a high priest became us, who is holy, harmless, undefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher than the heavens;
27 Who needeth not daily, as those high priests, to offer up sacrifice, first for his own sins, and then for the people's: for this he did once, when he offered up himself.

Jesus' sacrifice took away the need for the daily sacrifice, to think otherwise is to reject his sacrifice.

God bless.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join