It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Chased By a Giant Beaver

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So a couple months ago i was camping with my girlfriend by Lake Michigan/Huron. So i got up early one morning and started putting my garbage away and i saw this creature come running out the woods, it wasnt moving that fast but it was still very big so i ran and it followed directly behind me. At first i thought it was a small bear, i started to slow down and i looked behind me......it was a beaver, it was the biggest beaver I have ever seen in my life, it scared me so i kept running.

when i got home i was curious if a beaver could get that big so i went online. I found out that there used to be a breed of giant beavers, but died out at the end of the ice age. Is it possible that there still around, i mean i saw one...

www.agnew.biz...

[edit on 26-3-2008 by Howard Hughes]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Howard Hughes

Not that I'm doubting your story, or anything like that. It's just the image is hilarious. As I believe that North America harbours a population of large bipedal monkey, certainly an overlarge beaver isn't that big a stretch. Have you given any thought to going back for a picture or twelve?

I just can't lose the image. They were rather large though weren't they? If it was that large, I'd have scampered too, if it had surprised me.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:15 PM
link   
It's not the yellow teeth that are scary (although they can eventually fell huge trees), it's that large flat tail you need to be worried about. When they turn their backs on you, watch out!

One slap from that and you'd be like a ping pong ball flying through the air.

+6 more 
posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Lest you have any doubts, do not, repeat, do not search Google for the term 'Giant Beaver'!

Shocking, I tell you, simply shocking.

(work safe; trust me; would I lie?)

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
it could be a beaver with a growth mutation of some sort, so it was larger than normal. Its definately plausable.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:24 PM
link   
How big was this Beaver? About the size of a large dog? Or the size of a female black bear? (If you know how big that is).

Absolutely there were giant beaver in North America thousands of years ago. Absolutely there is no reason they cannot still exist. There were also giant bears and animals that resembled rhinos - these animals were last seen by the very first ancestors of America, they were on their way out at that point. To see one today would be incredible. To see a giant beaver would be the next closest thing

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I've seen dead beavers in the road that must have flipped cars. They can get huge. Same with raccoons and skunks. Given a nice home with a low predator population and LOTS of dumpsters and people leaving food out at night these creatures get as big as medium-large to large dogs (but with cute short legs
). They waddle about at night around here.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I can see the headlines now.....

Howard Hughs chased by a giant beaver.

All the starlets are hoping he doesn't name names.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
You left your girlfriend behind because you were afraid of a big beaver slap?
I hope she understood. Have you developed any beaver related fears?
I am sorry....

back on topic, how much do you think it weighed?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
it was the size of a large dog actually, at the moment i thought it was a bear, only to get a better look and find out it was a beaver, it was pretty scary actually.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
It occured to me to do just that, then it occured to me just what a search with those words would find. Didn't search...

Thanks for the warning though...lol.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
nah if search gaint beaver on google nothing innapropriate comes up.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Does it make me bad if I searched 'giant beaver' in google knowing full well what I might find?.. quite disappointing actually, mainly actual beavers!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape, get caught by one of those and you're damned!.. get it?

There is a possibility of anything growing larger than usual given the right conditions. You should see some of the rats near the river near where I live, they grow to the size of small cats!

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howard Hughes
it was the size of a large dog actually, at the moment i thought it was a bear, only to get a better look and find out it was a beaver, it was pretty scary actually.

Ah, that's very unusual. It sounds like it was a common American Beaver . We have these in the many mountain lakes around here. The largest they get is about 28'' long or a little bigger, so yes, a beaver the size of a large dog is a really big specimen.

If it were a real Giant Beaver I think you would be without a doubt. It's the size of a car.

Giant beavers were among the pantheon of giant animals that ancestral Native Americans came across and included in their legends including Mammoths, Sesqec (or Sasquatch as translated in English), Giant Elk and Reindeer and Giant Bears were all part of our ancestral experience. And there existence has been proven by science.

[edit on 26-3-2008 by NewWorldOver]

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Every year we go to a training on the east coast by Boston and there is a giant beaver that lives in the swamp next to the motel there. Scared the crap out of me the first time I went to get in the car and hes was there in front of the drivers door. Probably 75-85 pounds. I know the only grow about half that big here. Been there for every training so far. Not sure what the fascination with cars is all about though.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Oh dear Ward, is Jerry Mathers still unemployed?

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Does it make me bad if I searched 'giant beaver' in google knowing full well what I might find?.. quite disappointing actually, mainly actual beavers!

Sounds like you had a lucky escape, get caught by one of those and you're damned!.. get it?

There is a possibility of anything growing larger than usual given the right conditions. You should see some of the rats near the river near where I live, they grow to the size of small cats!

you talking about nutria? anyway where i used to live in new york city there were rats the size of cats, digusting.

but yea...idunno about the size of a car but this beaver was abnormally huge, it might have been bigger than a dog, i dont know i didnt look at it long enough but at first glance i thought it was a bear.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Speak'

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakEasyOne

I was thinking about Wynonna myself.

posted on Mar, 26 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I saw a dead one in the back of a pickup truck that was just over 5 foot long. Have no idea what it would weight but probably 50 pounds or so.

Used to drink with guys that killed animals for fur, back in my younger daze.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join