It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Chased By a Giant Beaver

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:13 AM
link   
on another note, i saw a huge possum once when i was younger, runnin around the platte. came around and darn near ran smack into it. scared it more than me probably but either way it was friggin huge, like the size of a large (fat) cat

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Thank you! Oh God bless you! I've had my ATS gut buster for the day. I really needed that. Wiping tears from eyes. I used to have recurring nitemares of being chased by a giant beaver after I broke up with a puerto rican...but I digress.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hahahahaha! I have been chased by a beaver before. It wasn't a giant beaver, but it was definitely pissed off at me. I was fishing on top of its damm, and it came right out of the water and chased me off. I ran like a school girl.

The kicker was that it kept following me in the water whacking its tail on the water, totally ruined my whole fishing day.

[edit on 27-3-2008 by testrat]

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Well I was down in the Outer Banks and we saw these oversized rat-beavers called nutra. Did it ( the giant beaver ) have a beaver taile or something resembling a rat's?
TC

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
In some parts of the world being chased by a giant beaver is considered good luck. However, I would still check with your doctor to make sure you don't have beaver fever. Its really quite horrible. What? Or right, beavers... good times.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
hahaha~ star for wynona's big brown beaver! primus sucks!

I actually got me one of them giant beavers. . . its doin the laundry right now. . .

mmm, french fried pataters. . .

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Remember when he was still little and him and Larry Mondello were supposed to be in dancing school but instead rode a horse and got their good clothes dirty?

Good times...good times.....

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jpm1602
Thank you! Oh God bless you! I've had my ATS gut buster for the day. I really needed that. Wiping tears from eyes. I used to have recurring nitemares of being chased by a giant beaver after I broke up with a puerto rican...but I digress.

what?? that just made me burst out laughing

this is no joke though, i did get chased by a giant bear sized beaver by the great lakes.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I guess a lot of people beat me to it, but it is true. They can get very big. The only thing I can think of is why would it chase you? I dont know much about beaver behavior, but why? I thought they were they kind of animal to move AWAY.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Nothing wrong with getting chased my a large beaver. Are you sure it wasn't a dream? Do you have issues with women in your life. It could be that the large beaver is an analogy for the oppression of women in your life. Was it shaved or natural?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 11:53 PM
link   
I believe you did. Truly I do. But the visual just reduces me to stitches.

One step over the line sweet Jesus, one step over the line. Sittin' downtown in a railway station one toe over the line....

[edit on 28-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
@EVERYONE
Funny as it may be, let's try to keep the discussion ABOVE the belt to avoid any unnecessary warnings for rude behaviour...

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Wiki says beavers grow throughout there life and specimens of 55 lbs or more are not uncommon. I think you probably saw an uncommonly large beaver. 55 lbs is the size of a medium sized dog. If the one you saw was even 20 lbs to than that it would have appeared quite startling!

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf
@EVERYONE
Funny as it may be, let's try to keep the discussion ABOVE the belt to avoid any unnecessary warnings for rude behaviour...

That's right. We don't want anyone posting rude comments or suggestive cartoons, like this:

(Mods: These posted for educational purposes only)

[edit on 28-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Pioneers in America reported beavers being the size of large dogs. Who's to say they have died out?

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Well i'm kind of disappointed that the beaver we saw was an ordinary run of the mill adult. Sitting his head was even with the bottom of the car window. Didn't seem aggressive at all I suppose the parking lot was part of the swamp that got filled in and he was trying to figure it out.

This one was hairy.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Howard Hughes
it was the size of a large dog actually, at the moment i thought it was a bear, only to get a better look and find out it was a beaver, it was pretty scary actually.

That isn't an unusual size for a beaver.

Around this time of year in the spring one can often find beavers dead along highways. They seem large, and it is a bit of a shock to find out that these dead beavers are yearling kits that have been evicted from their birth lodges by their parents, and they are searching for territories of their own (which is why they are wandering on to highways and getting killed). That is to say that the apparently already large beavers are immature juveniles, NOT adults, and that the adults are much bigger.

Wikipedia
Beavers continue to grow throughout life. Adult specimens weighing over 25 kg (55 lb) are not uncommon. Females are as large as or larger than males of the same age, which is uncommon among mammals.

In fact, it was common for natives to use (single) pelts from adult male beavers as blankets.

So the beaver you saw was undoubtedly large, but not freakishly so.

It may not be a cryptid, but I'll certainly bet it will still be a great story to tell your grandkids about.

posted on Apr, 11 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've seen beavers trapped up near my family's property that weighed in at 90 pounds. 2 came out of the same pond that were 86 pounds. Depending on how much food they have available, they can get very big. They usually dam up a creek and cut float channels across our road. It's always a treat to find 3 ft deep trench full of water where your road used to be.

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Sounds to me like you went and picked some mushrooms that you weren't supposed to eat

posted on May, 12 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I think gaint beavers could be around only by the great lakes.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join