It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Was Chased By a Giant Beaver

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
OK here it is rodents tend to grow throughout life. Beavers prior to being hunted, used to get much larger. Beavers weighing over 60 pounds were not unheard of. They are no longer hunted so I see no reason why they can not get that big again. Over a year ago a bunch of people actually got attacked by a beaver with neurologic signs which turned out to be rabies! Message of this tale- BEWARE OF LARGE RABID BEAVERS!!!!

www.wbaltv.com...

Dr. T

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 09:14 PM
link   

edit on 20-4-2015 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Howard Hughes

I get chased by giant beavers all the time.
Eh? Eh?

But seriously, it probably would have messed you up.
Bad.

posted on Jun, 8 2008 @ 11:09 PM
link   
maybe its just an overgrown one

there are always one abnormally big sized animal in the world

like farlap the horse

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
They can get really big, I remember the first time I ever saw the stuffed beaver here at the Indianapolis Children's Museum my first thought was... "Damn that's a big beaver!!!" It was around 2 feet tall at the shoulder and around 3 feet long... Until then, I'd always pictured them being much smaller.

But yah, the opportunities for jokes with the whole "giant beaver" thing are just impossible to resist. I'm cracking up in my cubical reading some of these responses...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:21 AM
link   
this is the funniest thing ever, I did a quick scrolling halt when it caught my eye, I am laughing very hard now, maybe it was a baby bear, OH that would make it a cub, wouldn't it, ha ha,, or maybe it was a small big foot with buck teeth,

Did it have a helmet?
www.hoax-slayer.com...

Sorry for the rambling post, I must post words, many many words.

I was once chased by a herd of farm animals, I have nothing intelligent to say, sorry.

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The ice age beaver is called the castoroides ohioensis. This is actually my favorite rodent of all time. These beasts got to be up to 14ft long. Rumors have circulated that some still roam the Earth in North America

Check out this very handsom creature!!

upload.wikimedia.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2008 @ 06:17 AM
link   
i'm sorry the post title made me laugh too!

Hey, who knows, maybe one thawed out?! Hehe! but fingers crossed you're right! Didn't manage to get a pic? Aw, I do realise you ran away so it wouldn't cross your mind (nor mine) at the time! Oh well!

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Howard Hughes

Probably it was friendly, beavers don't attack, they are pretty peaceful.
A tale slap is the only reaction they have when they are feeling defensive.
It's easier to dive than fight! Probably he was in a hurry and you were in the way.

posted on Apr, 17 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Humans can get pretty big sometmes, the same with animals. What you saw was probably a regualr giant beaver, i don't think yo ushould have ran away from it. If ice age beavers where alive, they would have been found by now.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Maybe someone's pet capybara got out?

By the way, this thread is 7 years old.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm gonna do exactly what my step dad did when I saw a demonic breathing shadow person rush my window as a teenager, and peer face to face with me about 5 seconds before I ran off in terror. Lmfao... lol I believe u though, I do promise that.

posted on Apr, 20 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Howard Hughes

Hay wow there was a show on some time back about the possibility that Kodiaks have the DNA material of the old giant bears and on occasion one very big bear will still pop up. Something of that nature.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Frocharocha

They have been seen, just not by many people.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 02:11 PM
link   

edit on Rpm42615v162015u56 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: starswift
a reply to: Frocharocha

They have been seen, just not by many people.

Big animals cannot get unseen. It's like not being able to see Godzilla for 2000 years just because he lives in the sea. The best theory is that anhormal animals with different sizes can be born with the right genetic or species hybridism.

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Sounds like my ex

posted on Apr, 28 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
That’s a good one.

But has anyone here ever run into a Turkey?

I did once on the Merck headquarters in NJ and that Turkey chased me to my car!

Frightened the crap out of me.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join