It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mahdi Army arrested 17 American soldiers ( Not Confirmed Yet )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Read the thread before you post, it's a fictional story, you can wipe the foam around your mouth now.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I have try to find confirm to this threat... Now I found something...

Notice what Nazar Hatim wrote to the same newspaper:

For the media it is the government forces against Mahdi Army, but the reality is more complicated than this, there are the oil smuggle mafia and even “Heaven Soldiers” group, all these groups use AL-Sadr as a cover for their operations.

[At the end of his report he mentions the 17 soldiers arrested yesterday but he don’t says their nationality, are they the same American soldiers reported yesterday]

www.roadstoiraq.com...

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ergoli
I hope those soldiers, being war crimes suspects, get the same treatment the US gives terror suspects: waterboarding and electroshock torture. I would love them report these things on aljazeera for the world to see what a criminal regime the US has become.

Well, you dont have to worry your pretty little head about that. US soldiers, when captured by insurgents, are tortured then executed.

Oh, and those are some nice thoughts you have to troops that had no connection to anything to do with Abu Ghraib, etc.

Glad this all turned out to be BS.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I hope those soldiers, being war crimes suspects, get the same treatment the US gives terror suspects...

What evidence do you have that these particular soldiers are war-criminals, or even suspected of being such? Being a soldier in a military, even one where war-crimes have been committed by other soldiers -- in other words guilt-by-association -- does not rise to the level of "war crimes." And while an invasion may be illegal, rare-if-ever are individual soldiers charged of a war-crime in such a situation.

Your comments betray the truth behind your supposed outrage. If you are so against war-crimes, if you believe that innocents have been tortured, why would you want to see such things continue, even in the name of retribution? If you are angry at America, or the President, how would torturing these men hurt either?

[edit on 27-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

[edit on 27-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
Your comments betray the truth behind your supposed outrage. If you are so against war-crimes, if you believe that innocents have been tortured, why would you want to see such things continue, even in the name of retribution? If you are angry at America, or the President, how would torturing these men hurt either?

The point is not retribution. The point is truth and irony. Truth because AlJazeera could air interviews with the soldiers after being waterboarded. The world would then see if these methods are humane as claimed by Bush or not. Irony, because "waterboarding the waterboarders" sounds somewhat funny to me.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   

The point is not retribution. The point is truth and irony. Truth because AlJazeera could air interviews with the soldiers after being waterboarded. The world would then see if these methods are humane as claimed by Bush or not. Irony, because "waterboarding the waterboarders" sounds somewhat funny to me.

The point is not retribution? Really now?

Then why would waterboarding anyone bring you joy in the first place, especially when it is not soldiers who have been accused of waterboarding, but intelligence officers. The "waterboarders" wouldn't be the one's being waterboarded, but innocents. You want someone to be waterboarded simply because they are Americans -- you believe that is guilt enough, and thus deserving of such a punishment. Hence, retribution.

If you were so against torture, why would you want to see anyone tortured?

You also claim that you are against war-crimes, yet want to see war-crimes conducted against Americans, simply for the guilt of being Americans (parading prisoners on TV is considered a war-crime in many cases).

Plus, I would say you are worse, on a moral-level, than the "waterboarders." At least they are doing it, supposedly, to protect people. You, on the other hand, just want people tortured for your own personal amusement.

[edit on 28-3-2008 by SaviorComplex]

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I hope those soldiers, being war crimes suspects, get the same treatment the US gives terror suspects: waterboarding and electroshock torture. I would love them report these things on aljazeera for the world to see what a criminal regime the US has become.

Glad to see you are so fair and ubiased. You automatically assume EVERY US soldier is a war criminal SUSPECT and should be punished for being a suspected war criminal. That makes such sense to me......NOT. Read your Geneva conventions before you start casting such wide nets. DENY IGNORANCE.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sky watcher

No the Mahdi army is run by Iran and are basically a copy of Hesbola

are you paid to make this crap up?

www.iht.com...

The US themselves say Iran isn`t behind them , and Iran say they are not - and Muqtada al-Sadr hsa no direct connections with iran.

next you`ll be saying they are tied to Al-Qaeda

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Your article doesn't really back your claim. In it is says that elements of Iran's government are backing and arming Shia militia's in Iraq. Sadr has had ties with Iran in the past and was even over in Iran for an extended period in the last few years. To claim he is not infuenced by them is a dubious claim at best.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SaviorComplex

Oh man this is gonna be so off topic, but your avatar is way cool. Green lantern is a true P.I.M.P.
I have a friend that has GL's ring tattood on his ring finger. Too cool.
Sorry, now back on topic.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harlequin
reply to post by Sky watcher

are you paid to make this crap up?

The US themselves say Iran isn`t behind them , and Iran say they are not - and Muqtada al-Sadr hsa no direct connections with iran.

next you`ll be saying they are tied to Al-Qaeda

That is a widely known fact and no they are not tied to AQ, Have some more respect that that.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by surfinguru
I SERIOUSLY doubt ANY US soldier would allow themselves to be taken under any circumstance. Does Somalia ring a bell for anyone? How outnumbered were those soldiers? Did they allow themselves to be "arrested?" Not gonna happen....

Sounds like Al-Sadr propaganda to me...

This may sound strange to many, but Al Sadr belongs to the CIA and is just a front to create a false-flag diversion, whenever necessary. Do not be surprised if Al Sadr is allowed to do these kidnappings, as has been done in the past, to justify the CIA to 'punt' on two horses, for the price of one. Corporate Whores do not come with an instruction manual.

posted on Mar, 28 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
An excellent analysis of the current situation in Iraq is provided by an article posted on AlterNet:

AlterNet | Five Things You Need to Know to Understand the Latest Violence in Iraq

I began a thread concerning this article here:

ATS | Five Things You Need to Know to Understand the Latest Violence in Iraq

Basically, once again, the U.S. is backing the wrong guy:

"Iraqi forces" are, in fact, "Iranian- (and U.S.-) backed Shiite militias"

Every headline this week has featured some variation of the storyline of "Iraqi security forces" battling "Shiite militias." But the reality is that it is a battle between Shiite militias -- separatists and nationalists -- with one militia garbed in Iraqi army uniforms and supported by U.S. airpower, and the other in civilian clothes.

It has always been the great irony of the occupation of Iraq that "our" man in Baghdad is also Tehran's. Maliki heads the Dawa Party, which has long enjoyed close ties to Iran, and relies on support from SIIC, a staunchly pro-Iranian party, and its powerful Badr militia.

2/3rds of Iraqis don't want Maliki, and they don't want the U.S. presence, just as 2/3rds of Americans also don't want their troops over there.

When are the majority of citizens of these two countries going to get what it is they want; an end to this stupid "conflict" and the Americans back home where they belong?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaviorComplex
If you were so against torture, why would you want to see anyone tortured?

You also claim that you are against war-crimes, yet want to see war-crimes conducted against Americans, simply for the guilt of being Americans (parading prisoners on TV is considered a war-crime in many cases).

Plus, I would say you are worse, on a moral-level, than the "waterboarders." At least they are doing it, supposedly, to protect people. You, on the other hand, just want people tortured for your own personal amusement.

Moral amusement, yes. A US soldier crying the hell out of the live aljazeera camera for not being waterboarded or electroshocked again certainly would wake up the american public to the criminal nature of the Bush Regime.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

So we have the surge and it works. Then everyone says hey great now we can bring our troops home. Bush says no, That pulling our troops out will not be a good idea. I'm sure the Shia terrorist were keeping their heads down while all this is going on because the Sunni AQ types were being hunted and killed big time and then they are pretty much stomped out. Bush says no, That pulling our troops out will not be a good idea so the Shia terrorist say OK well then we are not going to just sit here and wait for you to leave then. Now Sadr starts trouble and he will be the only one left to crush. Hopefully they crush him and his stupid terrorist then our troops will be home free. Victory will be ours, Even if it was a stupid Idea in the first place.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Moral amusement, yes. A US soldier crying the hell out of the live aljazeera camera for not being waterboarded or electroshocked again certainly would wake up the american public to the criminal nature of the Bush Regime.

Boy, you're just a load of chuckles, aren't you?

You do realize that US troops captured don't really get a chance to get on Al-jazeera? They just torture and execute them.

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

What is with the ignorance? We waterboard someone who may be trying to murder thousands.
Terrorist don't care!! They love death right? They butcher their hostages and blow up innocent women and children on a daily basis. They don't care thats its their own people that they kill in their own neighborhoods so why should we care if we waterboard one of their evil asses.
Were do you come up with your logic?

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerico65

Boy, you're just a load of chuckles, aren't you?

You do realize that US troops captured don't really get a chance to get on Al-jazeera? They just torture and execute them.

Did you ever ask yourself who exactly is Aljazeera, although it may be based in thye Gulf States. Firstly, Aljazeera is the off-shoot of BBC designed for the Middle East Audience and if you really wish to see facts on Beheadings, I suggest you explore this informative link :

mindprod.com...

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ergoli

Well, I guess that would be preferable to what the terrorists usually dish out - beheadings and execution.

Does your beloved al Jazera write about the atrocities committed by your terrorist idols?

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
A few updates on the Mahdi Army and Sadrist showdown:

Al-Sadr Pulls Fighters Off Iraq Streets

Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr said Sunday that he was pulling his fighters off the streets nationwide and called on the government to stop raids against his followers and free them from prison.

The Iraqi government quickly welcomed al-Sadr's apparent move to resolve a widening conflict with his movement, sparked Tuesday by operations against his backers in the oil-rich southern city of Basra.

Al-Sadr's nine-point statement was issued by his headquarters in the holy city of Najaf and broadcast through loudspeakers on Shiite mosques. It said the first point was: "taking gunmen off the streets in Basra and elsewhere."

He also demanded that the Iraqi government stop "haphazard raids" and release security detainees who haven't been charged, two issues cited by his movement as reasons for fighting the government.

I don't see the US surge having anything to do with this. The Iraqi government did this on their own, and that's definitely a positive step. Maybe we can leave now that the Iraqis are figuring out how to control their people (I hate the word control...).

However, the Sadrists are not giving up their guns, nor should they:

Aide to Iraq's Sadr: "No handover of arms"

Followers of Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr will not hand over their weapons as part of a move to end a week of fighting in Iraq, a top Sadr aide said.

The aide, Hazem al-Araji, also said that Sadr's followers had received a guarantee from the government that it would end "random arrests" of Sadr followers.

"The weapons of the resistance will not be delivered to the Iraqi government," he told journalists at Sadr's office in the holy city of Najaf after distributing a statement from Sadr calling on followers to stop fighting.

Sadr's statement also called for the government to halt arrests of his followers and implement an amnesty law to free prisoners.

"We confirm that there were guarantees taken from the Iraqi government to fulfill all the points in this statement. Thus, no more random arrests," he said.

The Iraqi government launched a crackdown on Sadr followers in the southern city of Basra last week. Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki ordered them to surrender and has offered cash in return for heavy and medium weapons handed over by April 8.

No arms will be traded for blood money from the Iraqi government...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join