It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you give amnesty for disclosure?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
So if you were presented the olive branch of complete disclosure on a condition of amnesty would you do it? Would you give a blanket of "No Penalty" to the people who covered up the Extraterrestrial Biological Entity subject for decades?

Where does your balance scale tip?

No amnesty, No disclosure or unconditional amnesty for complete disclosure?

Why?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
No disclosure, because when the truth comes out it will hurt a lot more then giving them amnesty and watching them laugh in our faces.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I have battled with this question for a long while myself. I am very torn and wish to get the opinions of others to hopefully give me some level of clarity with all this.

Thanks for your response.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I would grant amnesty in a heartbeat... No brainer on my end.

I don't understand what would be the point of a witch hunt to punish people to no end, how would we ever move forward, it would be decades of BS, which where are already at...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If a credible informant wanted to come forward then I would give amnesty to get all this UFO business out into the open but you have to realize that any witness who did come forward has a good chance of being killed or discredited as a crackpot before they can say anything. The intelligence services keep close tabs on people who have access to this sort of information and would know immediately if someone spoke openly about coming forward with information. Even a President or ex-President would be knocked off before they would be allowed to let this information out. Why do you think ex-Presidents still have men in black following them around everywhere? It's not to protect them from being killed, it's to have someone close to them to do the killing if they ever let anything slip out.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
i would give amnesty for disclosure...... as angry as we have the right to be, we wont move forward otherwise...

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Sure... Sounds like a fair trade.
I would be happy to do it just to hear a bit of truth from the gov.

It might freak some people out.. but so what?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
If the govt decides on disclosure, they wont care about amnesty. They cannot be held accountable, they cannot be indicted.

They are the government, they take without asking.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No. I would not make such a trade. Doing so would just grant them permission to do it again.

I'd rather have justice than disclosure. We'll find the truth out eventually anyway. Opting for instant gratification is usually a mistake in the long run.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I would give amnesty if thats what it took. I suppose I'm one of the minority that believe society would not crumble upon disclosure. I'm weird like that.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I reluctantly say yes to amnesty for disclosure.The reason being we don't know to what extent their information is.For all we know they have been at war with another race of beings and would finally be disclosing because their is no chance of winning and we are screwed....2012 maybe. who knows just speculating.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I would Give Amnesty...

Even ourselves hide truths from others... The government is nothing more then a big person with big secrets.

The truth is truth... if we were to know it maybe all those who feel like they have a purpose but no way to use it will finally be able to understand what their purpose is... perhaps?

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Never. All the secrecy, deaths, lives ruined, smear campaigns, an entire world running on fossil fuels when we could have alleviated wars, famine, disease and a myriad of other problems that all spring from the greedy ego of a select few. These people have perpetrated some of the worst injustices on the planet and now they can use their selfish agenda as their bargaining chip to get off scot free... I. Don't. Think. So.

It's time to pay the piper.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Interesting subject.

That depends, would they also disclose the crimes they have commited to keep this secret? (not that it matters)

I would have to say 'No'.
Why?
We dont know what they have done in the name of 'secrecey'.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   

I have to admit my first impression upon reading the thread title was: "Hell no! Then we'd just have two kinds of 'aliens'!"

As to your actual question, No. We'd have no idea as to the actual nature and depth of the complicity and betrayal. No free rides just for doing your duty as a human.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:18 PM
link   
What's done is done. I would like to know for sure once and for all.

I would give 100% amnesty and any unlawful or immoral acts currently being undertaken now would be stopped immediately with immunity for those people as well. I believe knowing the truth is more important to our future than the satisfaction of putting someone in jail. The past is the past and if amnesty is the price to be paid for the truth then at this point I would pay it.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes. It's not like they could be punished easily anyway. Someone would probably just take the fall anyway.... while others would get away with what they did.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Sad, I whole heartedly agree with both posted arguments for and against this subject, lol. Will you guys hurry up and make up my mind...jeez.

If I HAD to answer, I would say let it fly. The reason I say so is because the -possible- benefits to humanity as a whole to me, far outweighs the decades of crime committed and preventable tragedies that may or may not have been adverted with alien technology. Keep in mind, the alien technology could be so far advanced we can't even begin to use it (assuming it is a relic or another piece of alien artifact and no continued contact with its maker is in the foreseeable future) So, it's a gamble. We may get the answer to life the universe and everything...or it may get the ultimate question. Depends.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by quick
I would grant amnesty in a heartbeat... No brainer on my end.

I don't understand what would be the point of a witch hunt to punish people to no end, how would we ever move forward, it would be decades of BS, which where are already at...

I do understand the want to end decades of BS. But lets assume that "some" of the abductions involve military scientists and EBE's experimenting on other humans. Would that change your mind? If YOU personally were abducted and experimented on by military and EBE's would you take the same position?

Just offering some critical thinking.

posted on Mar, 24 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by cosmicstorm

Thats the thing...there would be A LOT of angry people that probably would start a massive movement for Lynching. Is this not an understandable fear for the ones keeping this secret?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join