It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Majestic 12

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I have recently come across documents that were supossedly manuals for the Majestic 12. Did this organization acually exist? The document I have obtained is a manual identifying UFOs and making sure no one (especialy foriegn governemts) knows about the existance of UFOs and Alien Species. I don't know if the manual is fake or not, but I was wondering if anyone else had some info on this stuff.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I'm not sure if anyone knows absolutely about majestic 12. Some documents have been claimed to be real and others not real. There is evidence that a similar organization actually existed but nobody knows it's true power or functions.

In all likelihood I think it existed but some of the info leaked may be deliberate by secret agencies and thus the degree of accuracy within such documents should be questioned.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Here's a site that might be able to help you. Maybe you have the same documents as they do.

Majestic Documents

Stanton Friedman believes in the Majestic 12 if that tells you anything.?

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Majestic-12... defenately real... documents were found that the President signed I can't remember who off the top of my head...

Though... residents of Kecksburg, Pennsylvania could also tell you the MJ-12 exists. Those who believe that is.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Just finished a book by Robert Doherty called Area 51, and in that scifi book, this group was called Majic 12. There were also other people/documents/places referred to, if you are interested in UFO/Area 51/Groom, etc...a good read.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I found a great site on the Majics. Thanks for all your help.

www.majesticdocuments.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Yep, the security manual is likely the one you speak of... Looks pretty legit... Interesting tidbit....if you look on the page where it designates what kinds of materials go where...you can start to decipher what is what, such as Wright-Patterson AF, S-4, etc. and it is concurrent with other documents of these area's function.... In other words, biologics went to Wright, and tech went to S-4....

There are numerous sources that support the existence (at least at the time) of Majic 12, and it is likely they still exist, but may be under another name....(common in intel circles...)

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
MJ-12 was legit, but there is somuch dis-info in regards to what they were, papers, documents, subject matter etc.

As far as I know MJ-12 was a review board of goverment staff into all kinds of secret intelligence concerns.

But whether or not they were actually involved with UFO or EBE's is still a big question mark.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by robertfenix
MJ-12 was legit, but there is somuch dis-info in regards to what they were, papers, documents, subject matter etc.

As far as I know MJ-12 was a review board of goverment staff into all kinds of secret intelligence concerns.

But whether or not they were actually involved with UFO or EBE's is still a big question mark.

Yeah it was simmilar to Project Blue Book and was under Eisenhowers administration. But some people claim it went far beyond sorting through UFO reports.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by htown
Majestic-12... defenately real... documents were found that the President signed I can't remember who off the top of my head...

It was a fake harry truman signature. The majestic documents are all fake.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   
here is the fake doc with the truman signature...

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
the sad truth is that all of these docs are fakes, but whats even sadder is the number of people who believe them.

The only documents which the government released which you CAN see are on the FBI's website. They have an extensive collection of UFO cases.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
www.cia.gov...

foia.state.gov...

Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
88 CG/SCCM 2435 5th St Room 150 Bldg 676 Area B Wright-Patterson AFB OH
45433-7802

Phone:

Commercial - (937)656-8203
DSN - 674-8203
FAX - (937)656-4212

foia.navy.mil...

foia.navy.mil...

This link is the official release by the goverment as the the military's understanding of reporting on and the responsibility of UFO's

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
MJ 12 has been debunked pretty sucessfully in my mind. The papers were well done forges though some flaws do exist. For instance one of the letters had a flaw in the keystroke so on almost all "orginal" majestic documents the same flaw was visible. Alot of new Majestic documents have surfaced over the years most in the 1980s and some through the 90's. Many private studies that wished to prove the existence of MJ 12 have come to the conclusion that their is no such program. I can assure you that the goverment does have a special program with a defined hierarchy that has been and perhaps is still dispatched to any seemingly real crash site. Chemical/Nuclear contamination units are dispatched by military and federal guidlines too make sure the area is biolgically safe around any crash site of unknown origon. Technically the United States Army has no power on any downed aircraft unless its over military property, the FBI has supreme juristiction on any other federal or private property. So for instance if something crashes in your back yard you would alert the local police who would then dispatch to the scene and alert the state troopers who would pass it up to the FBI who would then alert any chemical/radiological units. The military is the last to know if a true UFO were to go down. Leading me to believe that all UFO crashes occure near military bases are are military property.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
First off, there are NUMEROUS documents besides the Truman letters detailing the setting up of MJ-12...and there are many groups...

www.majesticdocuments.com...

Trying to determine which are authentic, and which are not...

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com... Here read up on The Mjaestic12

[Edited on 26-2-2004 by AD5673]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
IIRC, Stanton Friedman actually found one document in the National Archives referring to an "MJ12 Creative Group." The only reference to MJ12 outside the documents themselves. But who is to say what that meant? Could be a bake sale!

Some Intel people who have looked at the documents dismissed them as fakes, albiet good fakes. According to them, there were several things incorrect with the documents...codes, type-set, organization of the content, etc.

Also, the actual documents themselves were never examined. Only photos of documents on 35mm film were received by Shandera. (TV producer who the film was mailed to)

The clincher for me was when it was shown that Truman's signatures on two of the documents are identical. Pretty much an impossibility because no one signs their name perfectly uniform everytime.

Still, it makes you wonder....if they are fake, who would want to do that.....?

[Edited on 27-2-2004 by Facefirst]

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Facefirst
The clincher for me was when it was shown that Truman's signatures on two of the documents are identical. Pretty much an impossibility because no one signs their name perfectly uniform everytime.

Wouldn't a president sign a lot of documents everyday, which would make his sig. become consistent the more he did it?

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
here is the fake doc with the truman signature...

If you know anything about secret government operations, psyops, disinformation and so forth, you would know that there is always a red herring here or there admixed with any truth placed amidst their final release to the public.

Just because any one factor involved in "Majestic 12," and other variants, is dubious, one should not dismiss out of hand the data itself as matching known people and events. To assemble such a history is about as difficult as to reveal portions of the secret data itself.

In other words there is so much "inside information," that it appears some of it is real. The red herrings to be proved should allow one to sift by elimination a picture of likely truths. I would not dismiss the photocopy Truman signature letter either, out of hand, since it may reflect the closest possible approximation of the actual letter itself.

It matters not about the complete authentication of each and every bit of the information, it appears to contain enough for us to connect enough dots to have a better picture of the Flying Saucer issues than ever before. I am inclined to conclude that at least some of the data is consistent with actual personalities and events to a sufficient degree to make it not implausible.

posted on Feb, 27 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I do not dismiss the MJ12 papers completely......they certainly have a lot of interesting points and qualities.

I just think that you really cannot go to far with them since the actual papers were never examined. Only photographed copies from a no-return address envelope.

I can't rule out a hoax or disinfo, but who is to say?
I just know that several actual military intel people said the papers were really good, but not that good.

Great stuff though.......is Stanton Friedman still investigating the MJ12 papers or has he moved onto something else?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join