It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

According to the bible earth is about 6000 then explain this....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 06:26 AM
link   
The bible says the world was created around 6000 years about which is fair enough, But then how do you then explain dinosaur being on this earth 100 million years ago ?. Also if God created Adam and Eve (the first beings on earth) 4000 years ago does that mean cave people where aliens and not created by God ?. Id love to hear from Christians and Catholics or anyone how reads from the bible to explain this anomaly ?.

Happy Easter.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well scientists have found blood cells in dinosuar bones and they only lasts thousands of years not millions, so how do they find those cells if they were that old?

We believe the flood created many layers of dirt, its called hydrolotic sorting....

so that would mean the scientists get the wrong date out of their findings because they believe those deep layers are somehow older then what they really are...

about the cave men........ God only created one kind of human, and that is man....... That is a myth......

peace.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

Then how do you explain neanderthals? They existed, they aren't a "myth".

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Where in the Bible does it say that Earth was created 6000 years ago?.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Well scientists have found blood cells in dinosuar bones and they only lasts thousands of years not millions, so how do they find those cells if they were that old?

...they've found FOSSILIZED blood cells... just like the "mummified" dinosaur skin is as hard as rock because it is fossilized.

We believe the flood created many layers of dirt, its called hydrolotic sorting....

...which a good geologist would dismiss as bunk.

so that would mean the scientists get the wrong date out of their findings because they believe those deep layers are somehow older then what they really are...

actually, the layers have nothing to do with dating. the dating methods rely more on radiometric dating.

about the cave men........ God only created one kind of human, and that is man....... That is a myth......

...except for neanderthal, which is clearly a different species

but i guess if it ain't in the bible, it's a myth
...unlike unicorns, which are totally real because the bible mentions them (it even says god is as strong as one)

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I watched it on Discovery Channel, getting soft tissue from dinasaur bones.
They really do find parts of dinasaurs that are actual bones, and not just rock.
It is a recent development, but it has been going on for years.

Regardless of that, the Bible does not have to be so strictly interpreted.
In Genisis 1, God creates the earth and human kind and tells them to multiply and take over the world.
In Genisis 2, God creates a man to live in a garden he had made.
The six thousand years starts with the generations of the gardeners.
When the gardeners left their inclosed area, and went into the greater world, there were already peoples and cities in the general area.
We have no idea how much time had passed while the gardeners lived in their origenal home.
It can be guessed that it was a lot longer than any normal human could have lived.
That is why the story has to have the part about the tree of life, because the people outside considered the gardeners to be immortal.

posted on Mar, 21 2008 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The Bible does NOT say the earth is only 6,000 years old. The Bible does NOT give us ANY indication of how old the earth is. Period. It is simply NOT there to be found.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

The Ussher chronology is a 17th-century chronology of the history of the world formulated from a literal reading of the Bible by James Ussher, the Anglican Archbishop of Armagh (in what is now Northern Ireland). The chronology is sometimes associated with Young Earth Creationism, which holds that the universe was created only a few millennia ago.

This is from wikipedia and this is where the 6000 year age of the earth comes from.
So, you are right that the Bible does not say how old the earth is but it comes from one man's interpretation of the Bible.
Apparently no one has taken the time to fiure it out, except this one person.
I did a calculation, once, from the book of Genisis, to figure out if Shem was still alive in the time of Abraham and could have been the person called Melchesadec.
It is a real pain, and time consuming and in the end frustrating working out the timeline. It is not something I would want to repeat.
So, there you have it.
Not much, is it?
So, why do christians make such a big deal about it?
My advice, to anyone who wants to make a point about the biblical age of earth, is to go figure it out yourself, and shut up untill you have a satifactory solution to your own calculations.
Of course, no one will do it and they will keep on spouting off some rediculous figure.

[edit on 22-3-2008 by jmdewey60]

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:26 PM
link   
No no no, I don't belive in neaderthals, I believe thats just a form of human God created....

I can find midgets living years ago and say its a different type of race and make up the same story... Infact scientists have stated that these supposed neaderthal are not that different then humans and were smarter then they first expected...

The fact is that even Giants existed before the flood because there was a water canopy above the earth which made things larger, which would be the reasons for dinosaurs....

and madness the blood cells were alive, and they cannot live nomatter what cirumstances for millions of years...

heres another point...

We had about 1 billion people in I think 1700... Ok now we have about 6..billion people on this planet...

How do you 6 times that number in 3 centuries alone, yet the world is billions of years old?

we should have been by far over populated by now. Why are we not extremely over populated?

this is common sense...

the fact is that the flood happened about 4,400 years ago and this is the reason we only have 6 billion by now..

If the world was billions of years old we should have (trillions upon trillions of people by now)

Unless there was a comet to destroy that increasing number ever 10,000 years....

So it's literally impossible....

But madess.. give me some links about dinosaur blood cells....

btw the layers of dirt cannot be debunked..... they have their reasons or speculations how they number the layers and we have the flood reason...

peace.

posted on Mar, 22 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I think, according to the bible....the 'Labratory Garden of Eden' may have been created at that time...around 6000 years ago. - Hence the start of recorded history (According to the Jews and Christians)

As far as our 'world' being ONLY 6,000 years or so, may NOT be the correct time.

I believe that the earth was created millions to billions of years ago.

NIV Version

Genesis (After Cain slew Abel)
"Cain said to the Lord: "My punishment is more than I can bear. Today you are driving me from the land, and I will be hidden from your presence. I will be a restless wanderer on the earth, and whoever finds me will kill me."

Driven from the 'land'? Eden? The Laboratorial Garden? What does he mean: "whoever finds me will kill me?"

What did Cain know beyond the confines of EDEN? This seems to suggest that there are civilizations beyond the garden.

Was Cain a 'mad in his mind' after slewing ABEL, his brother?

Not so.

Cain went forth from the Garden of Eden and 'sought a wife'

"So Cain went out from the Lord's presence and lived in the land of NOD; east of Eden.
Cain lay with his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to ENOCH."

Why aren't there testamonies from his son Enoch? OH!!! But there is!!!

~Ducky~

~Ducky~

[edit on 22-3-2008 by TheDuckster]

top topics

join