It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
That's sad, but what would you expect from that man?

I hear it could/would be even worse if McCain is elected President. I wonder what's worse, this presidency, or McCain as President?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
So, the information that was released concerning 2/3 of Americans came from CNN, right?

Who wants to bet that MORE Americans are actually against the war? Controlled corporate media will certainly sugarcoat everything...

The approval rating may even be lower than 31%, but we'll never know, will we?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

...and snickers at the death of innocent people...

Encouraging however, are the comments left on the ABC News article.

Not a single one is in support of this stinking sack of crap.

For an MSM website, that's an indication, however minor, of the loathing that the public at large have for this tool.

The thought just struck me; do you suppose it brought it's wife and daughter to serve as a human shield?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I honestly believe that Dick Cheney and Chicken George will go down in infamy as two of the most hated and despised public figures in all of American history.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:29 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackOps719

Let's hope they leave us a future in which their crimes will have been recorded.

Remember; the winners write the history books...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 03:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Uh he didnt say "so" to that question. It's not correct what he did say is

They ought to go spend time, like you and I have, Martha. You know what's been happening in Iraq. You've been there as much as anybody. There has, in fact, been fundamental change and transformation, and improvement for the better. I think even you would admit that.

Source: Interview Transcript

Believe me I don't want to stick up for Darth Cheney any more than anyone else. But this was taken so far out of context that I thought the truth had to be shown. I really hate spin and when people put words in other people's mouths it makes me

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
His reply to the poll question issue and it's effect on policy makes perfect sense to me. And no he did not simply say "So?" and call it a day, read the official White House transcript.

The official White House Transcript is BOGUS!!! Watch the video provided in the OP. He does say "so" and leaves it at that until the follow up question was asked, "You don't care what the American people think?"

The White House transcript does not even show that Cheney said "So". Instead it shows his answer to the follow up question. The transcript is just more spin and lies like we have been getting from this Administration since day one. Just watch the video and allow it to speak for itself.

As far as the OP... So? So Mr Dick, you are a public SERVANT!! Of course most politicians do not think of themselves as such, but that is exactly what they are supposed to be. Public Servants who work for the people. It is sad just how far humanity as a whole has fallen and the things people allow their government to get away with. I seriously wonder when will it be enough? What will it take to get people to rise up and take control? What will it take for the people to once again take up arms and FIGHT for their rights and liberties? I seriously wonder, what will be the breaking point?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Here's the pertinent section of the interview in a slightly broader focus:

Q Two-thirds of Americans say it was not worth fighting.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: They ought to go spend time, like you and I have, Martha. You know what's been happening in Iraq. You've been there as much as anybody. There has, in fact, been fundamental change and transformation, and improvement for the better. I think even you would admit that.

Q Let me go back to the Americans. Two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting, and they're looking at the value gain versus the cost in American lives, certainly, and Iraqi lives.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: So?

Q So -- you don't care what the American people think?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls.

So, you can see, in answer to the actual question his initial response was, likewise, a question: "So?"

But the interviewer initially broached the subject with a statement and his response was to obfuscate with the proposal that the two-thirds of Americans who say it was not worth fighting, should "go spend time" there?!

Like he has?!

So, this chickenhawk-blowhard-tool-of-the-elite would like nothing more than to send 200 million more Americans to Iraq , the ones who, BTW, disagree with his policies, to better understand, what?!

How to die in a useless war that enriches the few at the expense of the many?

Yeah, I'll bet he would love that!!

Hey Dick! Go fluctuate yourself!!

BTW, whatukno, thanks for bringing this to my attention; I was a little confused about the apparent Raw Story back-pedaling.

I couldn't bring myself to read the entire interview.

My blood pressure couldn't take it.

Edit for my grammar OCD...

[edit on 20-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
I think his response is endemic of something that this administration is never called on to respond to; are their goals more important than the American people?

Iraq is not helping America whatsoever. Certainly, some political analysts may say that a future, stable Iraq might contribute to peace in the region... but that's incredibly optimistic of them considering our past foibles concerning Islamic countries.

There is nothing in Iraq for America, except perhaps oil. The only thing that SHOULD matter is that the American people are angry with their government... not that Dick's goals are being fulfilled and his pockets enriched with blood-money.

Seriously, why does no-one ever call them on the fact that they are ignoring and abusing America for the sake of their own greedy id's?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

One little 2 letter word and he has all of you wringing your hands in such despair and angst because HE DOESN'T CARE!

[SNIP]

I saw the interview. As soon as he said it, I knew the lefties here would call him a crook!

Don't worry - chances are, a D will win the presidency this fall and then you can have your "government by opinion poll" that you want.

Just one more point I'd like to address:

Originally posted by jpm1602
If I shot a man in the face and gave him a heart attack and didn't turn myself in till 12hrs later after the beers wore off I'd be doing 10 to 20.

And if I drove off a bridge while blind drunk and left poor Mary Jo Kopechne to drown while I stumbled home and poured myself another scotch and water, I'd be doing 10-20 also.

Don't make it out to be a R thing.

Mod Edit: Personal attack removed. Please remember to go after the ball, not the player. Thank you - Jak

[edit on 20/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

And you're being divisive and making this about Democrats v. Republicans.

It doesn't matter what party Dick is from. It matters that he doesn't give a crap what the people in this country think, he'll do what he feels is in his own best interests.

By all rights, he should declare himself emperor of Iraq if Iraq is so important, and the democratic-ness of Iraq is more important than the people of the USA.

Dick, and his ilk, are putting foreigners above their own people. They are putting another nation higher in importance than the Nation that they serve.

They also aren't being shy about expressing how completely unimportant and meaningless Americans are to them.

Their id-centric selfishness is the problem. And that has nothing to do with R v. D, thankyouverymuch.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
One little 2 letter word...

...speaks volumes about this misanthrope's utter disregard for any semblance of compassion towards those who lay down their lives on the alter of his master's greed and enable his sneering progress to the bank.

Originally posted by jsobecky
Don't make it out to be a R thing.

And yet you just did.

It's beyond pathetic that one would even attempt to frame this entire issue in terms of an artificial, bipolar political affiliation.

Unless of course their motive was to foster division at a crucial time when unity should and must prevail.

Dick Cheney is an evil, selfish and callous individual.

Yet he's but a shadow of the profoundly base and black-hearted abominations that pull his strings.

For shame, jsobecky, for shame! :shk:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Have to side with Dick Cheney here. Of course he could be more abstract and talk in doublespeak, like European politicians like to; or he could take that much used road, in our days, of "political correctness", which also has no meaning.

The fact of the matter is that politicians can not govern by poles, or public opinion or protests - their would be no policies, there would be chaos, almost every day a government would have to change the decisions taken the day before. Any unpopular, but needed policy would be impossible to implement, society has we know it would be destroyed. Their would be no taxes, no raising of oil prices, no health care, no social security and so on...

Next time round, which is pretty soon, try reading the political agenda of the various candidates, or parties, before voting for them. But I guess thats just to damn hard for most people, they would rather BELIEVE...in what? Who cares. YES WE CAN...can what? Who cares. CHANGE...what change? Who cares.

Isn't Democracy a bitch? Everybody votes for the candidate they like the most...the guy they wouldn't mind having a beer with, then when he implements his programs and ideas, which they never bothered to check in the first place, all hell brakes loose...

Guess the next President will be as unpopular as this one, another idiot elected by idiots, hope it's not something worse, as I think it will be...

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Sorry JS but I am one of those American that feels that this for the elite elected leaders careless of anything We the people of this nation wants.

I am nauseated by the words of that arrogant pig, and every American should feel sick of it also.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
ok then..

mccain thinks iran is supporting al queda by mistake

the us president calls nuclear weapons 'nucular'

cheney says 'so?' about what the public think of this diabolical situation..

what is wrong with this picture?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Are you truly surprised that Cheney of all people doesnt care what you think? Oh come on! Thats like being surprised of Sunday coming after Saturday...

Dont you know who/what he is or what he has done in the past? Both Bushes are saints compared to Cheney.

[edit on 20-3-2008 by Copernicus]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NorthWolfe CND

There is a difference between doing what is best for the country and Nonchalantly blowing off your obligations and oaths to wage a war which directly benefits you and yours, while in the meantime causing countless stories of death, loss, suffering and misery in your wake.

Again, this isn't a divisive matter of the masses being upset because Dick is doing something we didn't approve of, it's a matter of Dick not giving a flying you-know-what about what is best for America or the United States.

Iraq is NOT what is in the USA's best interests. The only thing it effects is our oil supply, and even THAT not very much. We lose more in securing Iraq than we as a nation gain.

Why, exactly are we in Iraq? To secure a democratic nation in the region and cause freedom to blossom in the middle east, is what we're led to believe. I don't care if you feel you're an optimist, if you believe that tripe, you need to have your head examined because that isn't optimism, that's rampant ignorance.

The long and short of it is this; Iraq doesn't benefit the USA. The people of the USA are being ignored when they are in dire need of many fixes. Dick Cheney doesn't care about the American People at all. Dick cares about Iraq because he directly profits from the misery there.

And you can take that to the bank.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheColdDragon

Originally posted by TheColdDragon

And you're being divisive and making this about Democrats v. Republicans.

Not really, when many of the posts don't limit their attacks to Cheney, but always seem to include the entire administration. Plus, I know which way most political sentiments on this board lean.

Originally posted by TheColdDragon
Dick, and his ilk, are putting foreigners above their own people. They are putting another nation higher in importance than the Nation that they serve.

That's OK. In fact, that's following what is often shouted on this very forum - that America should care more about what the rest of the world thinks!

As I said, I watched the interview, and I think Blueracer summed it up correctly:

Originally posted by Blueracer
I don't think he's saying "so?" to the 2/3's issue. I think he's asking "so?" what's the point of your question.

Originally posted by goosdawg
For shame, jsobecky, for shame! :shk:

Oh that hurt!

Bwahahahaha

Thanks for the laugh goosdawg! That hasn't worked since the old hens tried it when I was a kid! Wearing their shawls and babushkas and clucking their tongues.

Back to Cheney.

You've all seen politicians when they are asked about an opinion poll that doesn't go their way.

What is their typical reaction? How many times have you heard them say, "Well, then, hell! The poll must be right. I'm gonna change my ways starting right now!"

No, of course not. So why are you so surprised at Cheney?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I consider that a confession of Treason.
An admission he does not and has not worked for US
Two little Letters which spell Conspriracy against the US, and one Huge indictment of Treason, War Crimes and Crimes against Humanity- with counts into the Billions!
"SO" is at it's core an an Indictable Offense for anyone acting as a 'Public Servant' when it comes to th ewill of th ePeople in this Democracy!
Anyone who does not demand his resignation and an immediate charge of Treason is complicite and should stand Trial along side him (although the co- defendants will fill a mega stadium at this point already- Consider this the New REality TV show- with Decades of sceduled viewing. we can even be the Jury, We'll call it American Idiots. If his act are Not treason- then what is? An american blogger like myself?
'Cheney Executed for High Crimes' "SO" who's next? W. Your the next contestant on the Price of Betrayal

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:22 AM
link   
jesusbloodchristmothermaryofbaalmolach!!! I wrote a long response to this and the computer lost it....... damned public computers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join