It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asked about Two-Thirds of Americans Opposition to War, Cheney says 'So?'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
If Bill Clinton could have impeachment hearings started over lying about a blowjob, I think lying about several wars is grounds for a court martial.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
If Bill Clinton could have impeachment hearings started over lying about a blowjob, I think lying about several wars is grounds for a court martial.

Well apparently other legal scholars disagree, or you would have seen such action. Even Pelosi knew she wouldn't have the traction or support for such a thing.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LLoyd45

The apathy derived of conditioned ignorance.

But so very few issues are ever so bipolar as to be able to declare in all confidence the solution is absolutely one way or the other.

Except perhaps to say that American politics as a whole is dysfunctional to the extreme, for the little people who foot the bill.

Edit for grammar

[edit on 19-3-2008 by goosdawg]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
His reply to the poll question issue and it's effect on policy makes perfect sense to me. And no he did not simply say "So?" and call it a day, read the official White House transcript.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve
the rights of ordinary Americans..."

by:

Bill Clinton
[William Jefferson Blythe III] (1946- ), 42nd US President
Source:

March 1, 1993, during a press conference in Piscataway , NJ.
USA Today, March 11, 1993, "NRA change: `Omnipotent to powerful' "

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Someone told me Cheney had a bad heart and i say "SO?"

I dont care, do you

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRaja

Or they don't have the balls because they're the flip side of the same coin.

reply to post by biggie smalls

Court martial?!

How about charged with crimes against humanity before the ICC?

And then they can be brought up on charges of treason back in the good ol' U.S. and A.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by goosdawg

Court martial may be putting it a bit lightly. My point was that if Clinton can be brought up on charges of far less seriousness, I'm sure we can find some dirt on this Administration of criminals, also known as the Bush Cabal.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
You shot a man in the face. "So?"

You invaded a country, without a standing army, that didn't attack anyone. "So?"

You extended immunity to mercenaries while our soldiers languish in the brig for behaving according to ROEs issued by your brass. "So?"

You have ready access to a sultan's 60-foot yacht while you let people drown in New Orleans and across the Gulf. "So?"

You provided no-bid contracts to cronies who (among many other nefarious deeds) feed our troops expired food and deliver toxic water for their bathing and cleaning needs. "So?"

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Should you be surprise? This is what the American society is all about.
So?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by deltaboy

I expect a leader of the country to at least care about the wishes of the constituency, in this case, the American people as a whole.

When the vice president has lost all touch with reality, which it seems he is teetering on the edge, that should be grounds for impeachment alone.

Ignore the lies, ignore the crimes. This man is senile and has no idea where he is.

Pull your depends up Cheney, we can smell your bull#.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls
Pull your depends up Cheney, we can smell your bull#.

And I might add:

Don't get any exercise and keep enjoying those rich, fatty foods.

Someone will have to take numbers for the line to dance on your grave.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Remember when FDR promised that the our boys would not be sent to war? Guess politicians in any era don't give a frak. Except George Washington.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Shhh, what's that whirring sound?

Due to the subversive corruption that has infected the leadership of this once great country, it must be George Washington, spinning in his grave.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Very true. I'd like to think our politicians actually care about our wants and desires, but that has time and time again proven not to be the case. Democrats and Republicans alike are there for the paycheck and the possible book deal after Capitol Hill.

I'm not sure I can name five non-corrupted politicians. Can you?

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

I can't imagine why it makes sense to you. Cheney seems arrogant
when he quips like that. Makes him look un-caring about people.

You aren't with haliburton, are you? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I am 100% against the war in Iraq. I think that George W. Bush and Dick Cheney are complete failures as politicians. I believe that the two of them are cold-hearted mean and greedy old men. I side with the two thirds of Americans who think these two screwed up big time. But having said that.....

There was a part of this article that was only mentioned (briefly) by one other person in this forum. I believe it is a very important part of this article and I believe it needs to be thrown into the mix.

The part of the article I am reffering to is:

"The White House later released a transcript which shows that Cheney's first response wasn't "so" as ABC presented on its broadcast.

When first informed by Raddatz that "two-thirds of Americans say [the Iraq war] was not worth fighting," the vice president responded, "They ought to go spend time, like you and I have, Martha. You know what's been happening in Iraq. You've been there as much as anybody. There has, in fact, been fundamental change and transformation, and improvement for the better. I think even you would admit that."

This answer is somewhat different than "SO?". It seems to show that the interview was edited to make Dick look bad. I Believe however, it is only fair that the above statement from the White House be considered. As an American I believe in "innocent untill proven guilty". I believe that even George and Dick deserve a fair trial before we take them out and hang them so to speak.

Now that this excerpt from the article has been brought forth, and both sides have a chance to be heard and considered, I believe that this topic can be discussed more fairly now.

So with this excerpt in mind what say you my fellow ATS'ers?

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth] Had to correct a few typos.

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]I edit to much

[edit on 19-3-2008 by gimme_some_truth]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

This is the transcript the White House recently released in response to the "So?" comment:

Q Let me go back to the Americans. Two-thirds of Americans say it's not worth fighting, and they're looking at the value gain versus the cost in American lives, certainly, and Iraqi lives.

THE VICE PRESIDENT: So?

Q So -- you don't care what the American people think?

THE VICE PRESIDENT: No, I think you cannot be blown off course by the fluctuations in the public opinion polls. Think about what would have happened if Abraham Lincoln had paid attention to polls, if they had had polls during the Civil War. He never would have succeeded if he hadn't had a clear objective, a vision for where he wanted to go, and he was willing to withstand the slings and arrows of the political wars in order to get there. And this President has been very courageous, very consistent, very determined to continue down the course we were on and to achieve our objective. And that's victory in Iraq, that's the establishment of a democracy where there's never been a democracy, it's the establishment of a regime that respects the rights and liberties of their people, as an ally for the United States in the war against terror, and as a positive force for change in the Middle East. That's a huge accomplishment.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Why would it suprise you or anyone else that a war criminal like Dirty Dick could care less about the wishes of the people who elected him? He and Georgie boy have been running rough shot over our basic human and constitutional rights since the day they stole the election.

He didn't care about hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqi's being blown to pieces by American bombs and CIA attack dogs, he didn't care one bit about stealing our rights and changing the US Constitution with the Patriot Act, he didn't care how we felt when they decided to bury our childrens grand children in debt by waging this idiotic, illegal war for oil and real estate, and he didn't give two s***s about going fishing on that million dollar yaght while our troops die and our stock market crashes.

What ever in the world gave you the idea that he gives a damn about you or this country's future or what personal opinions you may hold? He is above scrutiny, above the law and beyond reproach. And we the people elected this wicked tyrant and sold all of our country men down the river.

Have you ever seen a more arrogant, openly defiant or disrespectful statement in your life? "So."

When the day comes that an elected official can look you in the eyes and tell you to your face that they could care less what you John Q. Voter thinks, and suffer NO repercussions for it, something is seriously, seriously wrong.

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Posting again
Simply for the sake of emphasis .

Removed BIG quote.

Please read BOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 20/3/08 by masqua]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>