It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO seen over Selby North Yorkshire 18/03/2008

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

Im going to take a look at the evening press and see if anything crops up, if so I will post the info

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Turbohale

At 7.20 pm tonight I heard a lot of jet activity so went outside and saw a chemtrail being made in a smallish circle but there was NO plane making it, it was being created as I looked at it but nothing was creating it. It made a semi circle then stopped. Then above the house opposite quite far off I saw two orange orbs. They were sort of morphing into smaller and larger orbs and kind of twinkling. They were hovering one slightly above the other then they just drifted slowly straight down behind the houses roof out of view. Then more jets shot across the sky. The semi circle chem trail stayed for a while then it just went.
Have you noticed how weird the moon is tonight it has this massive strange halo around it?

Ive seen aliens but this is my first UFO sighting. Or is it? Im cautious due to the weird chem trail thing, Im a fan of the theory that chem trails are matrixes to project false images of UFO on to test the public or scare the public in some way.

I don't know what is was, did you see any of this? The orbs were just so bright

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 03:44 PM
link   
There here again just two orange orbs one just below the other they are moving slowly across the sky in plane view for everyone to see and the jets are going mad. Lots and lots of jets flying around them. The jets are loud they are jets, but the orbs are silent. They can make themselves small just as the jet gets near almost to a pin prick.

Sorry I don't have a digital camera but someone in Yorkshire must

[edit on 19-3-2008 by Mr Green]

posted on Mar, 25 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Having lived in the selby area for all my life [15 years] i have seen some strange stuff not UFO material as such but many black choppers flying over the area which do not seem to come from Burn Airfield but head towards Drax then turn left then not sure where they go but they are quite low, with 3 major power stations n the area no wonder selby is becoming a hot spot also many have been seen over the large wooded area west of brayton where many of the choppers fly over before heading to drax

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Hi Turbohale

Myself and my ex had a similar experience to yours around the same time last year, we lived just a few miles past Elvington. One early evening after finishing work in Leeds, not sure what time it was but traffic on the A64 was still busy, it was dark, my partner was driving on this occassion and we both noticed a bright light quite high up in the sky, the light was hovering for around 2 mins just over the road from the airfield above the A1079, it then started to zig zag and disappeared totally not to be seen again. We were a little dumbfounded but we decided it must have been the testing of some kind of strange aircraft by the millitary - I am sure the airfield is closed at night though? only a small amount of aircraft is permitted to land there on a daily basis.

Linton-On-Ouse fly their jets over the york area on most days usually around teatime and very rarely on an evening. The jets get that low you can see the pilot!

Catterick Garrison is a logistics army camp, although I have seen the odd helicopter on camp, I've stayed there a couple of times a few years ago.

Nearer to Selby is RAF Church Fenton which is still in use. I used to live in a village over the other side of the A1 when I was 11-12 years old and remember their helicopters doing exercises above the fields nearby, it was fascinating!

I was told just a couple of weeks ago by my daughters friend that they saw a UFO just a couple of months ago near their village, my daughters friend said it was broad daylight and it landed in a field nearby, apparently it was silver oval shaped with a tail and had a vapour trail coming from it, my daughters friend and a group of other children ran towards it when it had landed and one of the lads decided it would be a good idea to pick up a big stick and give it a whack! when he had done this it vibrated and started to hum, this apparently frightened the hell out of the kids and they all ran away to tell their parents.
I will be asking more questions when I see her and try to speak with other people and kids who may have seen it to try and verify the story.

posted on Jul, 17 2009 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeSteele

Hi Joe

Those black helicopters I believe came from RAF Church Fenton only a few miles from selby, I used to watch them doing manoevers above the farmers fields near to Lotherton Hall in the late eighties, I remember 3 of them in a row bobbing up and down very close to each other and doing some kind of trick which looked to me like they were going upside down?????????? probably not but it was amazing to watch

posted on Jul, 18 2009 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by findlesticks
Myself and my ex had a similar experience to yours around the same time last year, we lived just a few miles past Elvington. One early evening after finishing work in Leeds, not sure what time it was but traffic on the A64 was still busy, it was dark, my partner was driving on this occassion and we both noticed a bright light quite high up in the sky, the light was hovering for around 2 mins just over the road from the airfield above the A1079, it then started to zig zag and disappeared totally not to be seen again. We were a little dumbfounded but we decided it must have been the testing of some kind of strange aircraft by the millitary - I am sure the airfield is closed at night though? only a small amount of aircraft is permitted to land there on a daily basis.

Elvington, I believe, is designated as an 'emergency' landing strip for the Shuttle or space craft in general for the Northern hemisphere. If you check on Google earth the thing can be clearly seen from about 15 miles up. One would suppose it would give anyone up there something to hone in on. Given that there is no commercial air traffic allowed in the vale of York, just the odd civilian craft, there is a lot of military activitiy all the time, but as I am sure you know, it is mostly at night. It is generally audible too. I am now getting on for seeing 5 unexplained objects in about as many years, one last weekend, that have stood out simply because they make no noise and move 'strangely'. The one I saw last weekend appeared to be landing...Orange, orb like light, perfectly straight descent and it disappeared behind roof lines, I guessed, roughly in the Groves, but I'm not the best judge of distance. Either way, not many places that you can get a helicopter down around there...and no noise.

posted on Jul, 22 2009 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Hi Kilgore

Thank you for the info on Elvington, very interesting
I shall look on google earth. I knew about NASA using it for emergency landings.

I bought a Pocklington Post earlier tonight, you may have seen the same UFO's last week as a gent called Tony Topping from Selby, he filmed a UFO over pocklington from Garrowby Hill. He apparently has done this many times, He was also followed/filmed by a black helicopter too! this now adds some credibility to the sightings in the area over the years.

look on www.pocklingtonpost.co.uk , if the site is updated and no longer shows the story, search youtube for the videos by Tony Topping or visit his website www.etlife.co.uk/index2.htm

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Last Wednesday, 15th July, about 10:40pm, I was out walking my dog.
I saw a large, bright white, round object. I noticed that for its brightness, it did not cast a beam.
It began moving upwards and I observed it for about 2 minutes. The farther it went up, the smaller it became until it resembled a star like dot.
To compare its size when I first noticed it, I would say, if a star is a pin head, the object I saw was a pound coin.
There was no sound from it at all.
I do not know what it was. I do know what it wasn't: plane, helicopter, ISS, satellite or lantern.
I have no pictures, sorry.
I live in West Yorkshire.
I just can't get this out of my head and wonder WTH is going on.

posted on Jul, 23 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by findlesticks

Hey findlesticks

As I said I'm not the best judge of distance but it didn't seem as far away as Selby. But sounds similar. I've never seen an orange light before, all previous times they were white, which is why it stood out. At that distance, I would have assumed it was a helicopter if the light had been white.

Three of the other four I have seen were over Water End, adjacent to Poppleton Road School and the other, which zig zagged, I saw from my garden, looking in the direction of the river. Friends who live in the Leeman Road area have spotted black helicopters following the river from Water End towards the Ings. And another friend of mine believes he was abducted from around there too, he lost three days.

Following water ways would perhaps be a commonsense way to navigate if you think about it. Not as busy as roads and less light. Or perhaps they like to see their reflections in the water

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You could join the Scarborough UFO Society, as you live so nearby.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join